• Promptly got fucked by the caches.

21 caches:
    15 taper/signet pieces
    2 goblin
    2 spigot
    2 keyring
    1 sunless

• Cooper said:
    Got lucky! Logged in, prospected, AFK a bit, noticed the stocking announcement went off...

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/O9jCjDDI
    Nice!
  • only 3 candycanes and a handful of herbs in each of mine so far. :( 
  • 10 more caches still no pennon pieces that is crazy.
  • Ozmatiah said:
    10 more caches still no pennon pieces that is crazy.
    I think you should get at least 4 pennon pieces every 100 caches...if the rate is about 5%, but I have no idea. If the rate is less than 5% I think it's a terrible design, probably close to scam, so 5% should be a safe estimate... just my opinion tho.
  • It would only be a scam if the pieces had a 0% drop rate (i.e. it's impossible to actually get any pieces for it).
  • Dochitha said:
    Ozmatiah said:
    10 more caches still no pennon pieces that is crazy.
    I think you should get at least 4 pennon pieces every 100 caches...if the rate is about 5%, but I have no idea. If the rate is less than 5% I think it's a terrible design, probably close to scam, so 5% should be a safe estimate... just my opinion tho.
    Well, i am zero for 40+
  • Antonius said:
    It would only be a scam if the pieces had a 0% drop rate (i.e. it's impossible to actually get any pieces for it).
    lrn2meme

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a hunter's belt, and a group of 23 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 26 ginseng roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 21 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 2079 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 34 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1124 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1954 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1281 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 7 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 24 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 21 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow, and a group of 18 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 23 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 8 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1268 gold sovereigns inside!

You consolidate the objects into a group of 70 candycanes.

Someone tell me the difference between candycanes and silvery candycanes again? (are they the same thing)

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a hunter's belt, and a group of 23 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 26 ginseng roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 21 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 2079 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 34 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1124 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1954 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1281 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 7 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 24 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 21 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow, and a group of 18 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 23 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 8 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1268 gold sovereigns inside!

You consolidate the objects into a group of 70 candycanes.

Someone tell me the difference between candycanes and silvery candycanes again? (are they the same thing)

I am gonna buy your candycanes
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    oh they are the same thing

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • When does the big prize usually go off? I never see it when I’m around. (KST) 
  • edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group of 31 goldenseal roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1196 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 612 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and 1107 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 12 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 12 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 wood commodities inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 20 bloodroot leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 25 valerian leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 10 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 2021 gold sovereigns inside!

You have been awarded with The hoop for a grievous keyring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The base for a canopic jar talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The torso of a goblin talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The band for a ring of finality talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The bottom of a subjectioner's spigot talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The stone for sunless hope talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The aura for pedigree's jewel talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The string for a taper of eternity talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The bezel for a ring of finality talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The tip of a subjectioner's spigot talisman piece!

53 candycanes (265), 2 drinking horns (200), 1 vial (26), 1 crown (33).

Caches were a major win for me though. 455 credits worth in redeem. 

I gave away three stockings, so 17 normal stockings gave me a total of 714 credits + the bonus stockings.  

• edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 10 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of 35 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 21 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 25 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 886 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 26 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 12 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1127 gold sovereigns inside!

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with The wax for a taper of eternity talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The carving for a ring of finality talisman piece!

10 stockings, 263 total credits, but that's because I got 6 bound credits per cane through talisman shenanigans. At 5 per cane, I made 231 worth of stuff. Not bad, better than I would through normal purchases, but not as good as I was hoping. I'll probably buy another 10 at some point, though.
  • Your hopes are sky high then.

A normal $50 credit purchase would get you 125 credits, so you got a 110% bonus which is pretty insane! 

• Cooper said:
    Your hopes are sky high then.

A normal $50 credit purchase would get you 125 credits, so you got a 110% bonus which is pretty insane! 

But seriously, I know it's an insane deal, which is why I'm probably going to buy another 10 (even if I shouldn't). Unreasonable expectations from reading other posts, I guess.
  • Garner said:
    Cooper said:
    Your hopes are sky high then.

But seriously, I know it's an insane deal, which is why I'm probably going to buy another 10 (even if I shouldn't). Unreasonable expectations from reading other posts, I guess.
    Remember that at least three of those posts include stockings that won the big prize!
  • You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 33 valerian leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group
    of 18 valerian leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and a group of 21 goldenseal roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 29 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 21 goldenseal roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group
    of 9 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 9 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and 912
    gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 20 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1504 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and a group of 27 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1988 gold sovereigns inside!
    of 17 lobelia seeds inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 14 valerian leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1396 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1732 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 17 lobelia seeds
    inside!

320cr in candycanes, 111cr in redeem.

Spent the candycanes on caches.

You have been awarded with The head of a goblin talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The tiger for a grievous keyring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The pot for a canopic jar talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The slate for a grievous keyring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The band for Vakha's bribe talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The arms of a goblin talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The marks for a ring of finality talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The band for a ring of finality talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The hoop for a grievous keyring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The enchantment for revelation's guise talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The bottom of a taper of eternity talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The lizard for a grievous keyring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The top of a subjectioner's spigot talisman piece!

553cr in pieces.
  • edited December 2018
    Do you already have vials/pipes? If not you shouldn't redeem them IMO. If you ever stop playing you'll love coming back and not needing to get much in terms of supplies. If you have arti armour/weapons, then you can just jump right back into it straight away.
    Got my 3 pipes from free spins of the wheel, 2 vials from paid spins. Another 3 vials from stockings so far. 7 more to go! At least for curative-related vials... Won't be getting venom ones done anytime soon :(

• I got impatient waiting to see the bonus stocking and opened the rest of my stockings. This includes what I posted before:

drinking horn
    2 vial
    cigar box
    brooch
    2 mayan crowns
    2 or 3 caches
    pixie boots
    ~200 candy canes

1739 credit value if you assume the canes are worth 5cr each (I turned them all into caches). I didn't do so hot on the first two group of caches I bought, but got some amazing ones on the third round:

You have been awarded with The tiger for a grievous keyring talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The marks for a ring of finality talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The slate for a grievous keyring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The leather for revelation's guise talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The tip of a subjectioner's spigot talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The lid for a canopic jar talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The teardrop for pedigree's jewel talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The head of a goblin talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The string for a taper of eternity talisman piece!

So if I back out the canes and add in just the redeem value of the talisman pieces, I came out at around 1900 credits, or over 500% bonus. I feel like I fucked up some math in there somewhere, but the "bonus" stocking being worth 833 credits itself kinda skews things.

• @Cooper How many of which stockings did you open?
  • 20 regular

• Image result for those are rookie numbers      

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • So I spent about a week to collect 144 interlocked caches, not patient enough to wait for more, opened them altogether:

Num name                                     Level Keyword              
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            mercenarychalkpieces
     P (16) The stick for mercenary's chalk          1     mercenarychalkstick
     P (17) The chalkdust for mercenary's chalk      1     mercenarychalkdust
     P (17) The binding for mercenary's chalk        1     mercenarychalkbinding
     P (16) The chalk for mercenary's chalk          1     mercenarychalkchalk
            betrayersmantlepieces
      P (1) The cloth for a betrayer's mantle        1     betrayersmantlecloth
      P (1) The thread for a betrayer's mantle       1     betrayersmantlethread
      P (1) The curse for a betrayer's mantle        1     betrayersmantlecurse
            turncoatsmasquepieces
      P (1) The eyes for a turncoat's masque         1     turncoatsmasqueeyes
            moppetpieces
      P (4) The cloth for a moppet                   1     moppetcloth
      P (4) The eyes for a moppet                    1     moppeteyes
      P (3) The thread for a moppet                  1     moppetthread
      P (4) The buttons for a moppet                 1     moppetbuttons
            elementalinjunctionpieces
     P (18) The signature for an elemental injunctio 1     injunctionsignature
    [Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (53% shown)]
    8633h 6604(100)m 99%w cexkdb- Vertani [0] 14:12:17.70(+34m, 0.5%)  Sanya
    [File continued via MORE]
     P (18) The script for an elemental injunction   1     injunctionscript
     P (18) The paper for an elemental injunction    1     injunctionpaper
     P (18) The seal for an elemental injunction     1     injunctionseal
            shadowcloakpieces
      P (1) The cloth for a shadowcloak              1     shadowcloakcloth
      P (1) The clasp for a shadowcloak              1     shadowcloakclasp
      P (1) The thread for a shadowcloak             1     shadowcloakthread
            turncoatscoatpieces
      P (2) The buttons for a turncoat's coat        1     turncoatscoatbuttons
      P (2) The thread for a turncoat's coat         1     turncoatscoatthread
      P (3) The cloth for a turncoat's coat          1     turncoatscoatcloth
      P (3) The binding for a turncoat's coat        1     turncoatscoatbinding
            sunderedpennonpieces
      P (1) The cloth for a sundered pennon          1     sunderedpennoncloth
      P (1) The thread for a sundered pennon         1     sunderedpennonthread
      P (1) The staff for a sundered pennon          1     sunderedpennonstaff
      P (1) The binding for a sundered pennon        1     sunderedpennonbinding
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final sunderedpennon piece appeared about the 134th open. Not bad! But guys, if you want to get one, you know the odds now.

If you have missing piece I need, please msg me in-game. I look forward to complete this set. Thanks!
  • edited December 2018
    "Not bad"? Valuing caches at 30 credits (as the admins implicitly have), you spent 4,020 credits to get an item the administration valued at 1,400 credits. I'm not sure how much of that you'll make back from trade-ins on completed items.
  • You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 21 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 29 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group of 13 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and 352 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of 26 ginseng roots inside!

Got shafted on the Cache but the rest was an awesome return.

• edited December 2018
    Antonius said:
    "Not bad"? Valuing caches at 30 credits (as the admins implicitly have), you spent 4,020 credits to get an item the administration valued at 1,400 credits. I'm not sure how much of that you'll make back from trade-ins on completed items.
    There are people opening 85 caches and didn't get a single pennon . Which is why I think mine isn't bad .I was worried I couldn't complete the pennon... It was a whew at that last mile there... That said, I agree the odds are badly skewed, frankly, honestly. But this happens to all sets, sadly.
  • Second batch of 5 gave me 17 candycanes, brooch of tempest, and another Mayan crown.  450+ credits at arties redeem value, candycanes for 5 unbound, and crowns for 35 each.