Stockings 2018!

edited December 2018 in North of Thera
Hey all,

Haven't seen a post lately about what people are getting for promos, so thought I'd start one.
_

Hung 4 Logosmas stockings for myself:

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 bloodroot leaves inside!
You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a sharpened Logosmas tree trunk, and a group of 21 valerian leaves inside!
You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and a group of 8 steel bars inside!
You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 coal pieces inside!

Total value: 260 credits worth, 169 tradein give or take.

What have you all gotten so far?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    If you could only get 1 fancy/extravagant or 5 regular, what would folks pick? Does going up in 'value' actually give any intrinsic bonus or possible chance increase, or?

Edit: Grand, not fancy.
  • I would get the maximum value stocking that you can get 5 of. Without the bonus stockings the stockings overall will not be "worth it".

• edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and a
    group of 16 bloodroot leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 11 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and 159 gold
    sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 33 bloodroot leaves
    inside!
    4 logosmas stocking, 225 credits worth of candycanes, artie pipe and vial. Is good return!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and 832 gold sovereigns inside!
    Fancy one got me 45 credits worth. I am not so sure about Fancy but that's just one...but we will see more postings!
  • edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and 230 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow,
    and a group of 12 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 25 lobelia seeds
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and a group of 18 lobelia seeds
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and 1779
    gold sovereigns inside!

Now getting 4 candies instead of 6 on prev batches. Got a brooch tho.
    85 credits worth of candies, 150 on brooch (100 tradein), and an arty vial.
    EDIT: the last batch wasn't 225 worth. It's only 75 worth of candies. Sorry
  • You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes and a group of 6 wood commodities inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and a group of 24 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 10 candycanes and a group of 12 coal pieces inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and 2095 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 6 coal pieces inside!

Total Value: 260cr (158cr trade-in)

Meh. Hopefully the platinum stocking will be worth it.
  • That seems real disappointing, in all honesty.
  • edited December 2018
    Ygia said:
    That seems real disappointing, in all honesty.
    Considering @Dochitha nearly actually got more than that with his last batch of logosmas stockings, yeah it kinda is. 
  • edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 13 pieces of rope
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of
    18 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and a
    group of 10 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 18 valerian leaves
    inside!

~ 138-148 credit value. With the cache and pipe it's a bit better than the value of membership for what I paid and a little over twice as good as if I'd bought the credits straight. Not bad.

EDIT: That's with candycanes valued at 5cr, cache at 30-40cr and the pipe tradein value.

• You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and 821 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and a group of 24 goldenseal roots
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 11 candycanes and 1356 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of 28
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and a group of 18 lobelia seeds inside!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes, a pair of Ogre's Gauntlets, and 1787
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and a group of 16 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 10 candycanes and a group of 10 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 12 goldenseal roots inside!

91 canes (455 credits), 26 for the vial, 35 (probably) for the crown, 333 for the gauntlets, 30 for the cache makes it 879 credits for the ten stockings. Pretty good (150 USD would normally buy about 500 credits).

Spent all of the canes on caches, then opened them all for the Renegades set.

You have been awarded with The seal for an elemental injunction talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The signature for an elemental injunction talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The stick for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The chalkdust for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The script for an elemental injunction talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for a turncoat's coat talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The chalk for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The stick for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The buttons for a turncoat's coat talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The chalkdust for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The signature for an elemental injunction talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The script for an elemental injunction talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for mercenary's chalk talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The cloth for a shadowcloak talisman piece!

The results were pretty awful. Renegades caches don't seem to be worth anywhere close to 30 credits per, to be honest, especially as the turncoat's coat pieces don't have any redeem value.
  • edited December 2018
    Renegades are not worth it at all. Opened 7 and mostly got 7 credit redeems and none of them were double piece opens.

I got 20 plain stockings and netted 735 credits. Not bad for $100.

• Dunn said:
    Renegades are not worth it at all. Opened 7 and mostly got 7 credit redeems and none of them were double piece opens.
    I got two double opens out of 16 caches, but it was always on 7 or 8 credit redeem pieces. There are a few good talismans in the set, so I was hoping the redeem/trade-in values on the others would be a bit higher than they appear to actually be because the market for them will be basically non-existent.

Feels like they need to always open for two pieces, with a chance for a third, to come close to being worth 30 credits.
  • Who gives caches a 30cr value? Is that listed by the admin somewhere or just IG market prices?

I've not seen any value from caches unless a you buy a shit ton of them. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Who gives caches a 30cr value? Is that listed by the admin somewhere or just IG market prices?

I've not seen any value from caches unless a you buy a shit ton of them. 
    You can buy a cache for 6 candy canes, and candy canes are worth 5 credits when buying items using the LOGOSMAS command, so clearly they think the caches are worth 30.
  • It looks like pretty much all of you have gotten good value out of your stockings, but like normal, expectations are too high.

As long as you AVERAGE ~24 credits per small stocking, you are getting more value than buying a 2k credit package at a 40% bonus.

That's also ignoring the value of the items being themed for Christmas and not available elsewhere.

• edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 10 wood commodities inside!

Trade in value was 59 credits, which wasn't bad at all. Thanks, @Ozmatiah!

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 31 goldenseal roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 11 coal
    pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, rime-tinted goggles, a garland
    wreathed vial, and 1919 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 14 goldenseal roots
    inside!
    The big stocking prize has been claimed!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 100 candycanes, Pixie's Boots, and a group of 32
    goldenseal roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and a group of
    35 bloodroot leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 13
    pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group
    of 7 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group
    of 30 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1514 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and a group of 24 bloodroot leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow, a
    garland wreathed vial, and a group of 31 valerian leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a sharpened Logosmas tree trunk, and
    a group of 9 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, a garland wreathed
    vial, and a group of 14 goldenseal roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 639 gold
    sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 6 coal
    pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1483 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 320 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and a group of
    34 ginseng roots inside!
  • You made out like a bandit! 

• Can logosmos show # be updated to show what each artefact does?
    spread positivity
  • Dude just do HELP (keyword) and you'll easily find the file with that artefacts info
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 20 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of 12 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 21 ginseng roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 1492 gold sovereigns inside!

I bought them partly for the vials cause I was missing two artie vials >_> so i guess in that respect, I'm satisfied? I haven't decided what to do with my caches yet though. I'll probably sell them. 

• I bought one regular stocking for myself.  I got some herbs, 3 candycanes, and the level 1 Ogre Gauntlets!
  • edited December 2018

You open a grand stocking and find a group of 30 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 26 bloodroot leaves inside!

A pipe for $45. Rekt.

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.

You have been awarded with The binding for an apperception stone talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The marks for a ring of finality talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The tip of a subjectioner's spigot talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The torso of a goblin talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The top of a taper of eternity talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The base for a canopic jar talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The legs of a goblin talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The bottom of a taper of eternity talisman piece!

Nm.

• Message #389        Sent by Achaea
    2018/12/03/20:57 Your bug report (detail: @Dunn keeps getting all the good stuff! No fair.  No faayer! ) - has been fixed.

• I claim eternal PK on @Caelan.

• You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 11 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 30 bloodroot leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow,
    and a group of 14 lobelia seeds inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and a group of 14 lobelia seeds
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 627 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 bloodroot leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes, an antler pipe, and 2046 gold
    sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 24 lobelia seeds
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 9 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and 932 gold
    sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and 298 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of
    9 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 10 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 901 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 24 valerian leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow,
    and a group of 12 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 8 pieces of rope
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 10 pieces of rope
    inside!
    25 valerian leaves inside!

Not bad, again! I think the value is pretty good unless you're getting membership bonus on very bulk credits. I essentially got the normal credit value you'd pay for in candy canes plus a few hundred more from the misc. artefacts.

• You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 17 valerian leaves
    inside!
    and a group of 6 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group
    of 25 bloodroot leaves inside!
    group of 27 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 512 gold sovereigns inside!
    group of 7 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 899 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 21 valerian leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, a garland
    wreathed vial, and a group of 10 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 13 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 18 goldenseal roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of
    15 valerian leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group
    of 31 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 31 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 7 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 274 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and 1520
    gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 2088 gold sovereigns inside!

Last batch for me, I think. About 345 credits in candy canes, 30 in the cache, 365 in tradein from the rest! Pretty happy with how it all turned out.
  • Davok -

You essentially paid 13.5 cents per credit. Cheapest on the website is 27.5 cents per credit, so you got over 100% bonus compared to a normal credit purchase.

Plus you'll have 4 special stockings that are worth 2x on average. If those are worth 50cr each that brings your cost per credit to 10.6 cents, or a 160% bonus.

Hell of a deal!!

• Couldn't help myself, so last batch for a while:

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and 2083 gold sovereigns inside!
    7 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 936 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 bloodroot leaves
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1983 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and 800 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow,
    and 1854 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 wood commodities
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group
    of 28 valerian leaves inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and 1560 gold
    sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 28 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group
    of 35 lobelia seeds inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and 1238 gold
    sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and 1809
    gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 13
    steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and 134 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1443 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 33 ginseng roots
    inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 wood commodities
    inside!

I need to figure out how to add spoiler tags so this is less spammy.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I've gotten two as random little gifts (<3 to them). My first had a cache, and my second was:

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and a group of 26 ginseng roots inside!

Y'all too sweet.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby