Refugees of Shallam, how are you coping?

Comments

• There was a small handful of people who were just inducted after it was created and then they collectively decided that it should be only the people who were Shallamese at the time of the sinking so the others were removed, myself included. You can't join the clan for that reason, but you can still get yourself accepted as one of them with some effort if interested. I was told that the reason Bluef was allowed to stay was very strong ties to the Dawnstriders, and really if I had wanted to I was kind of told that I could've used the Sentaari to get in as well but I thought that'd be lame since I didn't agree with the Sentaari at that time.

• edited January 2013
    They aren't delusions when people tell me these things. If I made them up that would be one thing, but I was told those things specifically. If it's different than how I was told that's fine. I mean when I was in the process of being inducted I and the person inducting me seemed to think that all things were in the clear (having been aware of my enemy status as he was there when I was enemied and sent me a couple unhappy messages and tells for a couple days) and when I spoke to the Sentaari they seemed fine with me joining them (not you and apparently not with you being included in any kind of talks). Misunderstandings and miscommunication, no worries.

I have no fantasies about people just forgetting about the class house and org hopping and embracing me with open arms. I do try to mend my mistakes, often times I succeed, sometimes I don't. It's part of who he is as a character.

Also, for the lulz, Draqoom has been wearing the same clothes for the better part of 70ish years?

• Getting back to the original topic, I have to say that I am not copying very well with the obliteration of Shallam. Also, the issues with the disbandment of the House of Sentaari just added the proverbial cherry on top. I will see what happens next, and be patient about the events.
    Light prevails, always
  • @Shibumi the reason the Sentaari are imploding more than most other Houses is because there's a huge portion of the House that never saw it as a duty or responsibility or even part of the Sentaari culture to be Good. They were trying to be Cyrenian in *Shallam, and it made the Sentaari a weak, dysfunctional mess. This crisis is just turning a mirror on that nonsense and forcing them to really deal with it for the first time. Hell, I didn't realize how bad it really was, and I'm frankly ashamed that I've been defending people who signed up for a Good House but didn't really want any part of Good for nigh on a decade now.

Draqoom, whatever man. I was part of the conversation during which you were booted. It pretty much went like this. "Hey, wasn't Draqoom enemied before the Fall?" "Yes, he was." "Time to boot him then." Your 'people telling you things' are wrong.
  • Tanaar said:
    @Shibumi the reason the Sentaari are imploding more than most other Houses is because there's a huge portion of the House that never saw it as a duty or responsibility or even part of the Sentaari culture to be Good. They were trying to be Cyrenian in *Shallam, and it made the Sentaari a weak, dysfunctional mess. This crisis is just turning a mirror on that nonsense and forcing them to really deal with it for the first time. Hell, I didn't realize how bad it really was, and I'm frankly ashamed that I've been defending people who signed up for a Good House but didn't really want any part of Good for nigh on a decade now.
    I just do not see why it is difficult to acknowledge that some Sentaari like myself were devoted to Good, and proud to be a Sentaari. Anyway, being a late joiner, I did not do that much to prevent this, and the roots of destruction of the House were already deep. This is just sad, because I joined the Sentaari to serve Good and Light in the first place. Now, the House I idealistically fell in love with will be no more. That is disappointing, to say the least. Maybe, the older Sentaari member where not good Sentaari and the House was already doomed when I became HR3 (which is nothing, I know), but this sucks badly. 
    Light prevails, always
  • Sentaari started out neutral and citiless waaaay back in the day, right?

• The original Sentaari were indeed Neutral aligned and founded at the mouth of the Zaphar waaaaaaaaaaaaay way back in the day. The guild apparently moved to Shallam right before I joined up/was reborn/whatevered. Elsdragon was GM when I was a noob. Then Mical and Crius fought over it, the city-guild charter was the first thing we were forced to sign and the first schism of the Sentaari. Then we were forced to change our ideals (we lost Individuality for Benevolence - schism #2). Then forced to change our alignment from Neutral to Good (schism #3). We tried leaving, several times. We were threatened with disbandment if we asked again. So we sucked it up and dealt. And now this. 

And we didn't have a 'huge portion of the house' to be good. There were maybe 5-10 ACTIVE non-Shallamese Sentaari. Akemi, Naomh, and Ikue are the one who pop first to mind, and the former two already left the wanderers clan (but Naomh's back?). 

• Just an FYI, every non-novice member of *shallam to ever give me restricted information was a Dawnstrider.

Seriously, fail. =/
  • Anaidiana said:

The original Sentaari were indeed Neutral aligned and founded at the mouth of the Zaphar waaaaaaaaaaaaay way back in the day. The guild apparently moved to Shallam right before I joined up/was reborn/whatevered. Elsdragon was GM when I was a noob. Then Mical and Crius fought over it, the city-guild charter was the first thing we were forced to sign and the first schism of the Sentaari. Then we were forced to change our ideals (we lost Individuality for Benevolence - schism #2). Then forced to change our alignment from Neutral to Good (schism #3). We tried leaving, several times. We were threatened with disbandment if we asked again. So we sucked it up and dealt. And now this. 

And we didn't have a 'huge portion of the house' to be good. There were maybe 5-10 ACTIVE non-Shallamese Sentaari. Akemi, Naomh, and Ikue are the one who pop first to mind, and the former two already left the wanderers clan (but Naomh's back?). 
    Anai, you and Harrold are the only active (and I use the term loosely in Harrold's case) members of the Sentaari who were around when the neutral to good change occurred. Every single other member actively chose to join a guild/House that was defined by a Good alignment. Squirming away from that now and claiming they didn't sign up for a truly Good org is just ridiculous.
  • Tvistor said:
    Just an FYI, every non-novice member of *shallam to ever give me restricted information was a Dawnstrider.

Seriously, fail. =/
    Who's alt was it?  :(|)
  • edited January 2013
    All Rangroar alts. (and Cooper alts)
  • Tanaar said:
    Anaidiana said:

The original Sentaari were indeed Neutral aligned and founded at the mouth of the Zaphar waaaaaaaaaaaaay way back in the day. The guild apparently moved to Shallam right before I joined up/was reborn/whatevered. Elsdragon was GM when I was a noob. Then Mical and Crius fought over it, the city-guild charter was the first thing we were forced to sign and the first schism of the Sentaari. Then we were forced to change our ideals (we lost Individuality for Benevolence - schism #2). Then forced to change our alignment from Neutral to Good (schism #3). We tried leaving, several times. We were threatened with disbandment if we asked again. So we sucked it up and dealt. And now this. 

Anai, you and Harrold are the only active (and I use the term loosely in Harrold's case) members of the Sentaari who were around when the neutral to good change occurred. Every single other member actively chose to join a guild/House that was defined by a Good alignment. Squirming away from that now and claiming they didn't sign up for a truly Good org is just ridiculous.
    @Tanaar. That is exactly my point. I am unable to serve Good as a Sentaari at the moment. I joined the Sentaari because they served Good and such House was monk-oriented. And now what? The house is no more...I know I have to make a decision. So, it seems that either I join a non monk-oriented House in the new city (if I am found eligible) or wander in Sapience. Still I will serve Good and Light, though. It is the aut aut situation that I despise the most. I want to evaluate other options, but obliterating the House of Sentaari is barely tolerable from me. I also defended the City on any occasion to the best of my little abilities and knowledge. I felt, as a newbie, that the House had issues to be dealt with, but it is just a pity that I was extremely late into getting in a position to solve them, assuming I had the ability to be successful, which I doubt in the first place. We'll see what will happen next. OOC: What can I say? This is simply a great game! 
    Light prevails, always
  • It's waaaaaay too early to assume there won't be a monk-oriented (as much as any house can be focused on one class, post guilds) house in the new city. 
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • We were specifically told not to base our proposals around class themes. I'm assuming those that ignored this instruction (ie mos of them, *shallamese don't follow directions) were discarded
  • I really hope there is a new monastic House, I loved the Sentaari-Style and hope there is another good monk House in the new city.
  • Also what would everyone estimate the amount of time until they select charters?
  • In any sense, when they DO decide to get the ball rolling it might be worth the wait. I can't wait to see what charters they chose as well as what type of city it is etc etc

• From IRE's newsletter:
    ... Perhaps most importantly, the refugees of Shallam are yet unsettled and continue to wander the land without a home.

Hey, that's a hint other nations should send their missionaries with food and medicine here. Silvarien visits us with food and his magic orb.
    :x
  • Ada said:
    From IRE's newsletter:
    ... Perhaps most importantly, the refugees of Shallam are yet unsettled and continue to wander the land without a home.

Hey, that's a hint other nations should send their missionaries with food and medicine here. Silvarien visits us with food and his magic orb.
    :x
    Aurora's herald just went 'We need this place cleaned up!' cause of all the food lying in the room, so bring a table please!

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Tesha said:
    I am probably really weird but I do not get bored with the refugees at all. There is always some heathen to damn or some shrine to break or someone that is willing to teach Tesha about some crazy ideology, but I might just be really lucky at finding people who are not afk. This seems like one of those situations where you make your own enjoyment, and I am not very good at being bored. I am really excited for the new city but I think that if you wait for it to happen so you have something to 'do', once it does happen you will have to wait for something else so you have something to 'do'. It is all about creating your own opportunities instead of waiting for other people to create them for you, I think.
    I'm really getting the zealot vibe off you.
  • edited January 2013
    I am not really sure what you mean by that, so I will take it as a compliment. :P

You probably mean something nice, so thank you :) 

i'm a rebel

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    More or less, also your avatar makes me miss fencing.
This discussion has been closed.