Refugees of Shallam, how are you coping?

Comments

• Whatever happened to Tanris saying that they wouldn't interfere with the Refugees business with Hashan as long as Ourania shrines weren't touched?

• Don't think that ever got said. Hasn't been referenced up until now so I will just assume you're drunk.

Go home.

• To be fair, it's Hirst.

• Ginmund said:
    Ginmund makes a point to call Wardens who left the House after Knighthood, Sir or Dame. If you earned it you earned it.
    Iocun makes a point to not even call housed and knighted knights 'Sir' or 'Dame', so it evens out!
  • Cooper said:
    The real question is why is Ashtan defending Hashan again? Legit question and not an attack on Ashtan, I haven't been logging in much recently.
    Well the Nihilists are allied to Lady Ourania and defend Hashan. Then there's the few Ashtani who are either formally allied or in Hashani houses.

I'm neither of the above which is why I never go defend Hashan. I'd love the opportunity to go and kai choke, but I keep out of it since I have no business there whatsoever.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Yes, Hirst was running around on his own, nothing much I could do about that. A couple other Ashtani asked for invite which I kindly turned down.
  • edited January 2013
    @Vayne, did you ask him? :P I don't mean to imply you wouldn't think of that... it just sounded funny the way you worded it!
  • It was Hirst, where's the pit?
  • Katzchen said:
    Kyrra said:
    I remember when Knighting used to mean something. Everyone is a Sir and Dame these days :P
    It does mean something. Usually IRL months of dedication and work. Getting to knighthood, and hr5 in the Maldaathi at least is far more work than any house I have been in before, and we take it very seriously. No, not everyone is a Sir or Dame (or Lady) these days, but the ones who do make it tend to stand out. Trey is the only person who has reached knighthood since I've been in the guild (16 years IG) and as far as I know, he was the first in a long time. While I cannot speak for the other knight guilds/groups, I sure hope it isn't that easy there.
    And short of our little spurt of about 5 knights that graduated under heraldsway during autoclass madness I think Templars have been pretty stock solid on producing good Knights. Seriously most templars even if they leave end up being leaders of orgs or at least stable members. That's a legacy I'll take regardless. The only reason we have all Sirs/Ladies is because most of our players are over 120 and so most have had the time to be Knighted. If you work exceptionally hard you can get Knighted in 20-30 years IG it just takes effort and getting lucky at finding a good combat teacher.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • I am going to be really sad if knighthood is not part of Tesha's future. :(

i'm a rebel

• It will happen somehow. Not sure how but it will. We've knighted one since we've been in exile we might as well Knight a few more. Though I think lack of novices is going to start getting to the playerbase eventually.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • I'm curious to see if the refugees will get any say in the actual city-planning when it's being built.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kakotas said:
    It will happen somehow. Not sure how but it will. We've knighted one since we've been in exile we might as well Knight a few more. Though I think lack of novices is going to start getting to the playerbase eventually.
    won't happen for now.  Chord was an exception because he finished the path before Shallam/Templars sunk into the Ocean.
  • Skype OP.
  • Achilles said:
    Kakotas said:
    It will happen somehow. Not sure how but it will. We've knighted one since we've been in exile we might as well Knight a few more. Though I think lack of novices is going to start getting to the playerbase eventually.
    won't happen for now.  Chord was an exception because he finished the path before Shallam/Templars sunk into the Ocean. Triton slave-yard

• edited January 2013
    I have a question regarding the refugees that I'm not really sure where else I would post... I've been seeking entrance into the refugees for a little while now and from the perspective of an outsider, it's been really difficult. While I understand that and I'm perfectly okay with it, I just wondered if members of the refugees could shed some light on when it's going to be feasible for outsiders wanting to be inducted and learn more about the refugees and Aurora and Deucalion to actually pursue these things. As there are no doctrines regarding the refugees or scriptures or temples on their Gods, I haven't much to do roleplay wise in the meantime. I spoke with @Wyverex, and he basically told me to be patient. @Halos was quite helpful, telling me to speak to some followers of Aurora and Deucalion, but that's quite a daunting task to me when I know so little about them and really don't have much to speak about, and I don't know how people would feel about what would just end up as a lecture. 

In all, I'm just curious about - from the context of an outsider - when it's going to be possible to learn about and join the refugees, and if you know any more than I myself do. 

Thanks very much for bearing with me! :)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited January 2013
    I may just be stuck in some old form of thinking, but refugees are just that: refugees. People who weren't a part of the city before it sunk couldn't (to me at least) be called refugees and seeking to become a refugee is counter-productive. Don't misunderstand me here, I'm all for people wanting to join the future city and whatnot, but joining a clan for the refugees of a lost city is a pretty controversial thing. It really rubs a good number of people the wrong way and while even Aurora and Deucalion have spoken on this subject (into which I will not delve right now), inducting people is not done lightly.

I know a couple people who had to undergo some pretty awesome stuff laid on them by the divine before the refugees even considered not kicking them off the Isle. 

To answer your question at the bottom more directly: there isn't anything to learn about the refugees other than that we were once members of a city that sunk. Joining the refugees is pretty much a no-go. I've been watching the logs and news posts and such and haven't seen many, if any people inducted (that were not special cases) since Shallam sunk.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    What special cases have there been, out of curiousity? I know Draqoom was briefly inducted and Bluef was.
  • Thank you for answering @Jonathin, I agree with you.  I was wondering when this period might end, if anyone has a rough idea? I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for the Good organisation to open back up again and allow admittance, but I'm kind of stuck on what to do in the meantime, and I find myself just hunting all of the time and not really being able to bring about any roleplay because everyone is busy and I'm just an outsider. 

Thanks again!
  • The refugees are really just a clan. You do not have to be in it to roleplay with us and learn - come to New Hope sometime and just interact. Do not be intimidated, if someone does not respond then try someone else. :)

i'm a rebel

• Oh @Lodi you tease ;)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    @Vayne: There were cases where a member of a house from Shallam wasn't in the clan for some reason or another, for example.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • The only inductions that have happened at all are Draqoom and people who were Shallam-Housed before the Fall but not Shallam-citizened (such as Bluef.) Draqoom was a city and multiple-House enemy before the Fall and was quickly booted after being inducted due to miscommunication.

However, there are a few people who are associated with the Refugees without being a member. Talk to @Terra
  • I don't know why Bluef was inducted. She wasn't Shallamese, so how can she be a refugee of Shallam?

• Duh Silas she was secretly inducted by the Dawnstriders a week before the destruction of *shallam.

• Jonathin said:
    People who weren't a part of the city before it sunk couldn't (to me at least) be called refugees and seeking to become a refugee is counter-productive. 
    I don't totally disagree with your larger point, but plenty of people could RP that they were residents of Shallam before the Trial of Rebirth and want to join the political body of the refugees now that they're of age.

Just a thought - I don't really care what *shallam's induction policies are, it might just be more feasible to keep the numbers slim(ish) and not worry about taking care of the young for now.
This discussion has been closed.