Refugees of Shallam, how are you coping?

Comments

• I'm gonna leave most of the situation alone since I'm not involved, but I see no reason why the Refugees shouldn't be allowed to totem at least a base section of New Hope, tune it to the Refugees clan, and enemy anyone causing trouble. I mean, it is currently their "Area of Operation."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2012
    Code doesn't currently allow you to tune totems to clans in any form.

It was annoying for a certain project in Cyrene, so I can only imagine how annoying it is for the refugees.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Melodie Hm, I wasn't aware of that. Well, there must be something the admin can set up as some defense for them until they get a new city.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You'd think high clans would count as organisations. Though I could see that easily getting abused by @Xith in Moghedu.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• For once, I completly agree with @Cooper at least on the last paragraph. Well said.
  • I admit, I revived my Shalalt during this. But there's a reason I've been keeping quiet and not really stirring things up or doing a lot of anything. This isn't my organization to guide, and while if it goes the way I'd like to I might even shift over to said alt as my primary, my role is definitely not to tell you how to do that.

I do think a purging of members was needed to help refocus and concentrate the members so that cohesive base is able to be made.. I don't think this contention has been handled terribly well, and that's all I'm going to say on either.

I am, however, quite impressed with some of the other leadership I've seen. There's people who are making the refugees feel purposeful, and there's people who aren't. You guys know where to put your efforts.

Are Deucalion and Aurora's orders even up yet, by the way?
  • edited December 2012
    It looks like the one million Shalalts are allowed to vote though, so that sucks.

Oh wait, forced him to resign. Guess they already voted.
  • Kyrra said:
    You'd think high clans would count as organisations. Though I could see that easily getting abused by @Xith in Moghedu.

It's actually already on the approved change list as per @Xith. High Clans are supposed to count as organisations. So when they have a valid area of interest, defending it is perfectly reasonable.

But obviously you can't totem a denizen area without first being allied to them, which GoM is not yet.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Selira said:
    I didn't think so until an hour or two ago when we got told Wyverex was one of the leaders.

Which, admin, if you are reading this, is probably not the direction you want to go. Heh.

welp. let's see what happens.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Cooper said:
    Selira said:
    I didn't think so until an hour or two ago when we got told Wyverex was one of the leaders.

Which, admin, if you are reading this, is probably not the direction you want to go. Heh.
    Deucalion has a few followers.  Haven't heard of Aurora having any (and she's only been back since Friday)
  • @Tahquil: That's virtually impossible without a framework in which to write. You can't just jot down an event without much of a context, because at that point, you're penning the whole shebang yourself.

Y'know what? I would absolutely love to write stuff for my faction, and have done so in the past. But don't take what's already there for granted. I'm not going to invent an entirely new race, or a whole new plane, because I frankly lack that authorial control over Achaea. The impact is too far-reaching. So, as the schema's not already set, my hands are tied. Babel's kids write lots of stories, yeah, but they do so having fed on a rich cornucopia of fiction.

That said, I would absolutely love to brainstorm or be involved in the "big picture" stuff. God knows I've been outspoken in the way I'd like forest aesthetics (for example) to be.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Ok, will have everyone submitting story of how we destroy the Eschaton.  Will make 10,000 copies.  Win.
  • Will contact the slaves ASAP. Babel is the new Bal'met.
  • I thought all the Occultists died though. If you do the maths, you clearly came out on top.
  • @Daeir You have too many alts.
  • Daeir said:
    Looking in from the outside at all this, it does really feel like the recent event went ahead literally just to kick the refugees down further, especially if there was nothing they could really do to retrieve the infant. That's pretty poor, and it makes me feel bad that an actual Divine supported that kind of non-interaction by sanctioning the event and letting it proceed. I'm glad you put a whole bunch of work into submitting the plot and having it approved or whatever, but you honestly couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the refugees to sort themselves out before kicking them in the shins again?

I take back what I said earlier - that is really poor from both an IC and OOC perspective. Interactions are supposed to be fun for both sides - what is the point if there is no plausible counter or recourse to the plot that can be performed by the opposing side to alter the event?
    I have over 9000 faith that whoever's playing Babel wants literally nothing but to create enjoyment for everyone playing this game, whether they're on Team Nasty or Team Nice, and if things turned out otherwise - ie. you didn't enjoy it - it was either a misunderstanding or a mistake.
    Katia.
  • TBH, such things often tend to sound more epic from the outside, when you don't have to deal with all the tedious annoying things/people that define day-to-day affairs. Can't really judge it, since I have no character in the refugees, but I know it from similar circumstances, so I can somewhat sympathise with the ex-Shallam players, even though I agree that it has a huge epic potential on a greater scale.
  • Just thought I should mention something.

The last time I tried to run an event with Shallam, I was informed that the city's Divine were being extremely cautious about any events that had Shallam losing (in any form) because the players would take to it badly. This was before the Bal'met event, but after I stepped down as a Viceroy.
  • I think most people are more worried about the political situation than the orphan slaying. I haven't even heard a peep about that on OOC clans in-game.
  • Tahquil said:
    Just going to put it out there, a lot of the babelites work really hard with their god on an OOC level. They are continuously submitting highly-detailed plots to Babel for assessment acceptance, tweaking etc. etc. While I'm not trying to take the shine of how amazing Babel is, he gets a lot of support and help from his followers which gives him more time to support and help his followers. 

You're gonna have to do the same with Deucalion and Aurora. Want to have events and strike back at Ashtan? Get off your asses and put forward some ideas. Don't just wait around for some event to happen; plot, plan and proceed with your gods, take some of their burden because if they have to drag you kicking and screaming by the nose they're going to burn out quick.
    Can I ask since when did these kinds of "hey guy, I'd like to screw over x faction today, can we work that out" relationships you're implying started coming about? This sounds new to me.
  • edited December 2012
    @Nellaundra

Wow... lost for words! >_<

ETA: Actually lol'd at the warcry
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Go on Youtube. ERB Santa Claus vs Moses.

Do it now.
This discussion has been closed.