Gem and Veil (and Hood) Changes

Comments

• Tiamat said:
    In the past from what I remember, all changes in artifact prices reflected with tradin value. For example the shield and diadem. What is the point of not doing it this time? 
    Trade-in on shield and diadem is based on the price paid, not the current price. This may have been the point at which this was changed, I don't know, but it's definitely been the standard policy for at least a few years now.

Those particular changes were announced ahead of time, and in the case of Shield of Absorption the new price means that the trade-in value is greater than the old price. They weren't going to let people trade in an item for more than they ever paid for it.
  • edited January 2018
    Arkantos said:
    8000 for ship in a bottle 7000 for talisman
    It was you! Man I put 7000 on that bottle and thought to myself, that shouldn't be an issue now, no one crazy enough to bid more than that... minutes later I audibly gasped.

Also love the changes personally. 10/10 would buy gem & veil again
  • edited January 2018
    Might be true but at least a phased serpent with fullsense > any monk. 

Still think they should at least cut the price of the gem or something, as it’s now a red headed stepchild of its former self. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    My only complaint is that scrying bowl is now useless if you have sphinx power. Repurpose with option to refund (even bound crowns) and I'll be 100% happy.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • They said they’re working on ideas for the bowl

• I'm stoked about 'The Veil wearer will get cross-planar and cross continent FARSEE.'

can we make it do the same thing for ether seek?

• The fullsense is definitely a nice bonus, but I agree. The farsee buff is above and beyond anything I could have expected 

• edited January 2018
    Yeah the veil change is definitely a surprise and gift. I love it so much, can even farsee into Annwyn, crazy thing, though I really hope Annwyn is removed from farsee.
  • Can you reset Auction 4 since it is useless now...
  • How is mindnet useless?
  • edited January 2018
    How is auction 4 useless? It’s mind net. Not fullsense. 

@Dochitha you sure you can sense into annwyn? You can’t sense out of it afaik...

• Uhm unless there is another change Mindnet just got a massive buff. 

So did Angel/Demon Trace!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Leviticus said:
    Can you reset Auction 4 since it is useless now...
    I was wrong, it is mindnet, my b.
  • I let the changes to veil and gem totally take over my brain.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Yes, you can farsee into Annwyn/Nishnatoba, and you can farsee back to Sapience from those areas, too.
  • Hm odd to me that you can sense into those places given that you can’t send tells to them. Oversight? @Makarios @Nicola

• Or we could just go full tilt, allow clans etc on Annwyn. I like that idea!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Msg Jhui Come

pls bb

• I told him about the veil changes and he was also
    happy for them. He’s here in spirit!

• His spirit can’t dbomb though, fake news.

• Dunn said:
    Yeah I have no idea who you are. Most big PKers that hunt bounties, in my experience, have veils (or friends with veils) anyways. So you would have actually been experiencing this sort of thing if what you're saying held any water.
    This right here.

I've long considered the Veil worthless for hiding, because anybody worth hiding from already owned one. 

At this point in the game, the only reason to get a Veil was to find other people who already owned one.

• So people who don't like the changes seem to just be afraid of some generic boogeyman.  Don't let fear rule you.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • So, say you want to explore in the treacherous planes, what precautions can one take?

the gem still works down there, annake's hood still works, veil is changed but all the folks you would want to hide from had their own veils to cancel them out anyway, is the shroud worth getting? That sweet sweet exp is just too tempting.

Also, regarding the gem, it has 10 minutes with an hour cooldown, what would happen if somebody bought 6 gems?

Even with all those precautions though, veil owners could fullsense the area, seek and track you down pretty easily, and mindnet will still light up when you enter? I guess that hunting down there is not advised unless you have a strong PK'er with you, since there is usually a whale or two patrolling around there picking off the smaller fish. That's all I really want out of stealth artefacts, to hide from the big killers in the dangerous areas (within reason of course), to make them have to patrol the rooms and pull me out of hiding instead of waiting for their dinner bell to ring.

• Says the gem is on a person level for CD so that wouldn’t work. I don’t think much changes on treacherous planes from my perspective. Had a veil before so I would go down, sense people I knew to have gems and check around before leaving. 

• Anyone willing to camp Annwyn to kill you would have been able to spot you no matter what you were doing.

Now you can at least see them and beat feet. It's an improvement.
  • edited January 2018
    Yea it’s effecitvely no difference in Annwyn/Treacherous at all. Anyone that trolls for PK there already could do the stuff you mention.

BM days of Veil standing on Island waiting for mindnet trip, or running to Sidhe/Unsidhe to pop Fullsense to check who’s around. No one lost anything at all that wasn’t already lost.

• If you can sense someone in annwyn from out of annwyn with veil, then I'm definitely not going to keep the gem, no reason to pop off QW if anyone outside of annwyn can spot you and chase you anyway.