Gem and Veil (and Hood) Changes

Comments

• Heawon said:
    The change is good but, I would like to point out that these are not the items that I paid for and I would like to be offered a FULL refund for purchased items. I was lead to believe that they were something else when I bought them. This is the classic bait and switch and with 2k credits on the line I think it would only be fair to offer a refund for my money since the items are not what I had clearly paid for.
    This falls well below the threshold to be defined as a "classic bait and switch" actually. 1. The veil and gem have been around for years. 2. There was never any intent to "trick" you into buying an inferior item, unless the administration played the longest con in history spanning several employee turnovers. 
  • I like being able to see onto ships just cause you can confirm if somebody is on a ship that you're about to engage. 
  • Nazihk said:
    I like being able to see onto ships just cause you can confirm if somebody is on a ship that you're about to engage. 
    Which was kind of one of the purposeful designs of ship combat, though? That's why you need to take watch spec to be able to see who's on a ship right now. Watch spec lost a lot of value from this, because it's way easier to just farsee the suspects.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited January 2018
    Watch spec is immediate confirmation, farsee you still have to guess one at a time and confirm. And only then is the latter 100% confirmed if they're standing on the ship-identifying quarterdeck.
  • Krypton said:
    You see that Tahquil is located at Ensnared quarterdeck of Drowning Grace in .
    o_0
    Yes, my ship name is the BOMB!
  • When the 'nerf/delete veil' meme dream is no longer a dream. Funnily enough, this makes me actually want to invest in one more than when it was an anti-locate tool.

• I feel the same exact way, Synbios. Never really had desire until today.
  • Not gonna lie, veil farsee is amazing. And fullsense on Occultist just feels right.

• Dunn said:
    Not gonna lie, veil farsee is amazing. And fullsense on Occultist just feels right.
    You are a dirty, dirty man. 
  • edited January 2018
    @veldrin @lisbethae @kayeil your thoughts?

*ducks*
  • I love being able to see on ships.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • @Minifie uh I'll jump on the 'chameleon on Gem' thing?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don’t have a veil (contrary to belief sometimes) so scrying bowls are still fantastic to me.

Awesome changes though!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• While I don't  feel to strongly either way I can see @Haewon's point. Minor and major changes to items can be expected and endured during the time of the game's life, however, the new veil does serve a completely different function. The only thing new veil and old veil have in common is the name. 

It's not unreasonable to be annoyed at this change when full refunds have been offered when other artefacts have been removed from play. i.e. Torc of Telepathy, Aural earrings, and Whip of Taming.
  • Whip of Taming still exists, I have one!

Torc was deleted entirely, not repurposed.

Aural, I don't know about.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Aurals also full-refunded due to outright deletion.
  • earring510864       an earring of Sinope (Hearing while deaf)

Isn't this aural attachment or whatever? (I don't own this one, but it extends to me)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Corentin said:
    Heawon said:
    The change is good but, I would like to point out that these are not the items that I paid for and I would like to be offered a FULL refund for purchased items. I was lead to believe that they were something else when I bought them. This is the classic bait and switch and with 2k credits on the line I think it would only be fair to offer a refund for my money since the items are not what I had clearly paid for.
    This falls well below the threshold to be defined as a "classic bait and switch" actually. 1. The veil and gem have been around for years. 2. There was never any intent to "trick" you into buying an inferior item, unless the administration played the longest con in history spanning several employee turnovers. 
    I can agree with that. The veil is not a horrible change actually and I totally understand why they did it. The gem change I do not like and will be selling anyways for something else *maybe*. I love what these changes have done I just don't like what the new gem item is. I guess we will have to wait and see how this works out. Bad time for me to go rogue >.<
  • To be honest, I strongly feel that everyone who has a veil should be given the option for a full refund regardless of how long they have had it. Just over 30 days is considered full use for an item that costs nearly $600? That is a lot extreme even for IRE. While that clause is indeed clearly stated, something this costly leaves a terrible taste in the mouths of some veil owners who no longer want to keep them.

Sorry, but this isn't some small $20-$100 item here.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• If you got 5 years of veil use why tf do you need a refund.

• Atalkez said:
    earring510864       an earring of Sinope (Hearing while deaf)

Isn't this aural attachment or whatever? (I don't own this one, but it extends to me)
    It's the Hearing enchant from Augmentation.
  • A full refund at all is IRE being extremely generous. They don't need to do this.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    Atalkez said:
    earring510864       an earring of Sinope (Hearing while deaf)

The aural earrings were the artefact version of the hearing enchantment. The hearing enchantment can't hear yells/shouts, but the aural earrings could.

Then mindseye was changed to be able to hear yells and shouts. Since that negated anything special the aural earrings could do, the artie was deleted.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited January 2018
    Kiet said:
    If you got 5 years of veil use why tf do you need a refund.

I actually didn't get 5 years of veil use so uh.

I've had mine for maybe 6 months to a year.

Edit2: actually, I could have had it for 10 years and forgotten. I mean, I did think the Mhaldor no-guards thing was last year.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Makarios said:
    We'll think of options for scrying bowl to make it retain its value.
    A channeled trace ability that gets disrupted on aggressive actions? :D
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Just increase the paid price for existing hoods/veils to 3000cr, so they can trade it in for 2000cr if they want to.  If they do that and then decide they want fullsense then they just lost 500cr in value.  Easy fix imo
  • Aralaya said:
    A full refund at all is IRE being extremely generous. They don't need to do this.

Umm, no it isn't. Otherwise, I could guarantee you that I wouldn't spend another dime if I had no way of knowing that what I'm spending my money on is going to be even remotely what I thought from the beginning. I am also sure that many other players would feel the same.

Can you honestly say that you are willing to fork over $600 on a product that could change tomorrow into something that you aren't interested in at all, with no way to get a refund so you can actually use the money we all work hard for?

Sorry, but my money is hard to come by, and I'll be damned if I throw it away with nothing to show for it, even if it is on a hobby.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• But classes and artefacts change all the time? Atalkez mentioned a few examples, and stuff that people bought specifically for one-trick pony class things have gone away, as well. 

I get that you might be frustrated about the functionality changing, and I suspect that if you made a very eloquent, well-measured argument as to why you should be entitled to a refund even if you're outside the window, admins might consider it, or at least give you a better answer than we can as to why it's not possible to give you a full refund. 

That said, this isn't something new. It's not as if anyone who's playing Achaea for at least a few months is unaware that functionalities can change basically whenever. 
  • Except if it changed tomorrow I'd get a refund, just like veil is giving a refund for purchases within the last 30 days.

If you used your veil for over any kind of extended time, then the 668 credits you actually lose from trading it in are a fair price for what you got during that time. If you only had it like 2 rl months then yeah that sucks but there has to be a cutoff at some point.