Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Void needs looking at. BM officially momentum class now. OP lock. I bard spam Curare epic pesanto Oso can no stop it. Cos the moment mag gets caught in void game over. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited February 2017
    Fifteen seconds from no affs to locked is stupid, especially coming from a BM with no arties.
    Huh. Neat.
  • If you're talking about Kalila, I think she has an l2 band.
    Mebbe. If so, whoops. Still terrifying though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I suppose it could be looked into to possibly not allow voidfist with slash if you are in Sanya (admittedly we all knew that may cause issues).

Having recently tested a bit with Sanya stance and voidfist, I can see where the frustration is coming from.
  • edited February 2017
    Ahmet said:
    Fifteen seconds from no affs to locked is stupid, especially coming from a BM with no arties.
    Every other class that can lock, can lock in that amount of time as well, give or take 2-3 seconds. It's not like it's anything new.

eta: One or two can even lock faster.
  • edited February 2017
    Ahmet said:
    I can definitely lock you with ease in less than 15 seconds from no prep at all if you don't cure properly. But then I'm also a serpent, not a hybrid like BM...

Yeah, serpents can do it, but they can't also do more damage than I can heal, so I have to choose between active healing or active curing. Or just running like the wind.
    Huh. Neat.
    Farrah said:
    It's not so much the time-to-lock but the momentum-crushing perma-paralysis that comes with it, I imagine.
    This too.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Asmodron

Sanya combo'd voidfist is a non-issue. It's voidfist itself, not the fact that you can combo it.
  • edited February 2017
    Atalkez said:
    Hmm, I think it can miss. 
    As of July 2016 (Announce 4599) Pommel can miss, but it still allows a strike to follow afterwards. I'm not entirely sure if this also applies to clumsiness or just missing/dodging.
    From what I saw earlier, voidfist makes somewhere between 60-70% of herb eats fail.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah it can miss, but the strike completes. Since the strike only fired, you suffer the balance penalty you'd get for striking alone. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Since I've started testing this, and fighting with this, I've not had pommelstrike miss -once- even against mounted high dex opponents, while afflicted with clumsiness.

I'm sure it can. It's never happened to me.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    That's my experience as well. I've been BM since multiclass came out, whenever that was, and can't remember a single time where I missed a Pommel. Slashes all the time, but never Pommel.

Void's propensity for complete offensive shutdown is pretty extreme if someone makes a point to use it that way. The chance is 50/50, and I wouldn't want to lower that for fear of neutering the ability, but I wouldn't be opposed only letting it stop 3 consecutive eats, so that you're guaranteed to cure on the 4th. That should preserve its defensive and offensive uses while reigning in the worst cases of RNG turning your fight into a spectator sport.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Remember when pommelstrike used to stun? :trollface:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Remember when infuse lightning gave paralysis? Idk if there's a single person in the game (aside from BMs) who weren't grateful that Mak quickly realised that error.
  • 'member when Shaman used to be able to give 5 lock affs within 1 second?
  • wtf is she being wasted in Cyrene for
  • Agreed with @Aerek about changing Void to have existing chance wasting a max number of eats, and then end. I am not sure how quick they can void again and repeat that. Or if there's other better solution. 15 consecutive eats voided, can't convince me the chance is 50/50.

>5 consecutive eats voided is dangerous enough to be stacked deep enough for a lock to happen, given the speed they can deliver the affs, compared to how easy it is to give void, and there's no cure for void.
  • Dochitha said:
    Agreed with @Aerek about changing Void to have existing chance wasting a max number of eats, and then end. I am not sure how quick they can void again and repeat that. Or if there's other better solution. 15 consecutive eats voided, can't convince me the chance is 50/50.

>5 consecutive eats voided is dangerous enough to be stacked deep enough for a lock to happen, given the speed they can deliver the affs, compared to how easy it is to give void, and there's no cure for void.
    I think Aerek's suggestion was to have it not be able to fail more than x number in a row, not actually completely cancel out voidfist after a certain amount of eats.
  • Kalila said:
    Dochitha said:
    Agreed with @Aerek about changing Void to have existing chance wasting a max number of eats, and then end. I am not sure how quick they can void again and repeat that. Or if there's other better solution. 15 consecutive eats voided, can't convince me the chance is 50/50.

I think Aerek's suggestion was to have it not be able to fail more than x number in a row, not actually completely cancel out voidfist after a certain amount of eats.
    Works too! I just tried tripple eating on void... no chance beating the House.
  • Aegoth said:
    wtf is she being wasted in Cyrene for
    She is OURS! The Cyrene-tier. Don't even think about it.
  • Having little to no experience with Blade master, I'd like to say my go-to phrase for anytime I feel an impending nerd coming,  " I would like to see abilities repurposing instead of deleted"

Classes can have all kinds of utility that help deepen immersion without actually tilting the scales. Or having a unique but niche group combat ability makes someone feel that they are able to contribute in a significant way. 

• Abilities are hardly ever outright deleted just because they're problematic, so that's a pretty redundant go-to phrase. What's the last ability that was completely deleted without the entire skill being removed?
  • Antonius said:
    Abilities are hardly ever outright deleted just because they're problematic, so that's a pretty redundant go-to phrase. What's the last ability that was completely deleted without the entire skill being removed?
    Grove cage springs to mind here.
  • TIL Druids still have groves as a skill.