Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Didnt mutilate used to be 40% health/40% mana? Or am I crazy?
    Huh. Neat.
  • You're crazy, it's always been 30% mana and some percent of health depending on armour.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    Brought on by your comment, I thought mutilate was psychic dmg, thus not affected by armour?

My god I need to stop testing abilities at 4am.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I haven't done any specific tests, but to my best guess it seems to do less to higher armour types. I may have just tested on shit people that weren't the same in the psych defence skill.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    I haven't done any specific tests, but to my best guess it seems to do less to higher armour types. I may have just tested on shit people that weren't the same in the psych defence skill.
    It's not there what there wearing it's there resistances. But the mana hit is always flat thirty percent. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Eh, I was close. The mana part I was sure about, just not the health part. Thanks for the backup @Driden
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Eh, I was close. The mana part I was sure about, just not the health part. Thanks for the backup @Driden
    I'm here for you. Dw got to stick together man. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Driden said:
    Omor said:
    Eh, I was close. The mana part I was sure about, just not the health part. Thanks for the backup @Driden
    I'm here for you. Dw got to stick together man. 
    Why don't you two go play with each other's shadows.

There any prio changes to svoF to fight against DW or is leaving them at the bottom workable?
  • Timeloop > Paralysis > Instills > Normal affs

Generally, that's what you want to use, with swaps based on situations you're facing.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    @Noak if youre using default svo prios and have recently upgraded to the depthswalker version, just reset your prios to default.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Atalkez said:
    Timeloop > Paralysis > Instills > Normal affs

Generally, that's what you want to use, with swaps based on situations you're facing.

I will pwn that timeloop over para.

Otherwise, I agree though. Para > timeloop > instills > other, imo.
    edited February 2017
    Svo default herb prios (lowest is highest prio). Rip them a new one as you see fit.

"firedisrupt",
    "waterbubble",
    "sanguinehumour",
    "earthdisrupt",
    "cholerichumour",
    "airdisrupt",
    "melancholichumour",
    "phlegmatichumour",
    "deathsight",
    "waterdisrupt",
    "myrrh",
    "lethargy",
    "thirdeye",
    "vertigo",
    "justice",
    "healthleech",
    "dissonance",
    "illness",
    "hallucinations",
    "agoraphobia",
    "inlove",
    "hypersomnia",
    "shyness",
    "dementia",
    "addiction",
    "weakness",
    "loneliness",
    "paranoia",
    "generosity",
    "claustrophobia",
    "deaf",
    "blind",
    "haemophilia",
    "masochism",
    "dizziness",
    "epilepsy",
    "confusion",
    "sensitivity",
    "darkshade",
    "clumsiness",
    "pacifism",
    "peace",
    "spiritdisrupt",
    "recklessness",
    "hypochondria",
    "parasite",
    "retribution",
    "depression",
    "shadowmadness",
    "timeloop",
    "impatience",
    "stupidity",
    "paralysis",
    "slickness",
    "asthma",
    "relapsing",
    "insomnia",
    "kola"
    Huh. Neat.
  • Asthma over para and imp over hypochondria will fk you up.
  • Ahmet said:
    Svo default herb prios (lowest is highest prio). Rip them a new one as you see fit.

"firedisrupt",
    "waterbubble",
    "sanguinehumour",
    "earthdisrupt",
    "cholerichumour",
    "airdisrupt",
    "melancholichumour",
    "phlegmatichumour",
    "deathsight",
    "waterdisrupt",
    "myrrh",
    "lethargy",
    "thirdeye",
    "vertigo",
    "justice",
    "healthleech",
    "dissonance",
    "illness",
    "hallucinations",
    "agoraphobia",
    "inlove",
    "hypersomnia",
    "shyness",
    "dementia",
    "addiction",
    "weakness",
    "loneliness",
    "paranoia",
    "generosity",
    "claustrophobia",
    "deaf",
    "blind",
    "haemophilia",
    "masochism",
    "dizziness",
    "epilepsy",
    "confusion",
    "sensitivity",
    "darkshade",
    "clumsiness",
    "pacifism",
    "peace",
    "spiritdisrupt",
    "recklessness",
    "hypochondria",
    "parasite",
    "retribution",
    "depression",
    "shadowmadness",
    "timeloop",
    "impatience",
    "stupidity",
    "paralysis",
    "slickness",
    "asthma",
    "relapsing",
    "insomnia",
    "kola"
    Why haven't you guys fixed this yet?

These base prios are trash and have been for years now.

Just curious!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Put together a short to medium explanation about what needs to be changed and why and I'll get it done.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I downloaded Svo yesterday and it totally scrambled my prios to insane places. RIP.
  • Ahmet said:
    Put together a short to medium explanation about what needs to be changed and why and I'll get it done.
    Kalmia>para is an extremely bad idea. Curare/kalmia and you'll never move.

impatience>hypochondria is also bad because it will loop itself out when hypo gives impatience.

you don't have prone at #1, standing should always be the first thing you try to do if you're prone.

you have the instills spread out, and they're below less important affs for dw.

thats just what I saw off hand without pouring over them.

• Prone isn't an herb aff...

But ideally something like this:

Kola > insomnia > relapsing > slickness > para > loop > madness > hypochondria > depression > retribution > parasite > impatience > asthma > spiritdisrupt > others.
  • Oh that list was herb only, haha my bad.

• Atalkez said:
    Ahmet said:

"firedisrupt",
    "waterbubble",
    "sanguinehumour",
    "earthdisrupt",
    "cholerichumour",
    "airdisrupt",
    "melancholichumour",
    "phlegmatichumour",
    "deathsight",
    "waterdisrupt",
    "myrrh",
    "lethargy",
    "thirdeye",
    "vertigo",
    "justice",
    "healthleech",
    "dissonance",
    "illness",
    "hallucinations",
    "agoraphobia",
    "inlove",
    "hypersomnia",
    "shyness",
    "dementia",
    "addiction",
    "weakness",
    "loneliness",
    "paranoia",
    "generosity",
    "claustrophobia",
    "deaf",
    "blind",
    "haemophilia",
    "masochism",
    "dizziness",
    "epilepsy",
    "confusion",
    "sensitivity",
    "darkshade",
    "clumsiness",
    "pacifism",
    "peace",
    "spiritdisrupt",
    "recklessness",
    "hypochondria",
    "parasite",
    "retribution",
    "depression",
    "shadowmadness",
    "timeloop",
    "impatience",
    "stupidity",
    "paralysis",
    "slickness",
    "asthma",
    "relapsing",
    "insomnia",
    "kola"

Just curious!
    Because it's not meant to be an install good to go thing. Meant to assist you while you learn while being really easy to modify. Atleast that's how Vadi explained it to me. 
    Cooper said:
  • Farrah said:
    Prone isn't an herb aff...

But ideally something like this:

Kola > insomnia > relapsing > slickness > para > loop > madness > hypochondria > depression > retribution > parasite > impatience > asthma > spiritdisrupt > others.
    Thanks for this <3
  • Atalkez said:

Just curious!
    Base priorities are supposed to be trash, so that you have to modify them as you go if you want to do well. 

As it is, autocuring straight out of the box will handle anything you find in PvE, as well as handling group combat pretty well. If you want do well in 1v1, though, you're gonna have to put some thought into it.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I actually do support SvoF's prios being sub-par. Not out of any sense of elitism or back-in-my-day grumbling, but because helping new fighters correct their bad prios is an easy introduction to curing priorities and how they work. Getting destroyed by asthma>paralysis prio and then feeling the difference once someone's helped you fix that is a night-and-day difference that really sticks with you if you're new to this sort of thing.

Maybe that's not a good reason to keep obvious flaws in a system, but from a teaching perspective, I've seen these sub-optimal prios help illustrate a lot of valuable lessons.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Not gonna lie, when I was asked where svof's base DW prios should be set I intentionally suggested they be set lower than ideal (though wasn't quite aware how important timeloop was at the time).

• Don't feel like anything they'd 'miss out' on learning by having the baseline decent, is something they wouldn't learn otherwise all of a sudden. Just my opinion.

• Aerek said:
    I actually do support SvoF's prios being sub-par. Not out of any sense of elitism or back-in-my-day grumbling, but because helping new fighters correct their bad prios is an easy introduction to curing priorities and how they work. Getting destroyed by asthma>paralysis prio and then feeling the difference once someone's helped you fix that is a night-and-day difference that really sticks with you if you're new to this sort of thing.
    I support sub-par basic priorities because I expect people to learn about fighting if they want to fight but I don't expect them to learn how to code.
  • Nazihk said:
    Aerek said:
    I support sub-par basic priorities because I expect people to learn about fighting if they want to fight but I don't expect them to learn how to code.
    Yeah I've seen people who can fight pretty well and defend decently but don't know "autoslick".

We should start getting drag-n-drop UI in building reflexes etc. 

Anyone using Alexa to assist fights?
  • Dochitha said:
    Nazihk said:
    Aerek said:
    Yeah I've seen people who can fight pretty well and defend decently but don't know "autoslick".

We should start getting drag-n-drop UI in building reflexes etc. 

Anyone using Alexa to assist fights?
    What is autoslick? And what is Alexa?

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Autoslick is a common curing priority swap where if you have asthma, paralysis and slickness, you will cure asthma first even if you have paralysis set higher. This stops things like gecko bypass on parry and a few very fast 50/50 lock methods from certain classes. No idea what Alexa is.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Alexa 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]