Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• edited December 2016
    This just occurred to me and made me smile - a complete and utter lack of self-awareness would work, too, actually.  But you would have to be truly perfect in your obliviousness to your shortcomings.  I am pretty sure some have come close...
  • edited December 2016
    Nevermind.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Question: How long after an active chase can you say that the fight is over? Say, for instance, I were chasing someone down a road, they earring'd to their home city, and sat on guards. How long is the socially acceptable time for them to sit there before they can journal or whatever and the fight/chase can officially be declared over?
    Not asking from experience, just curiosity.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Omor said:
    Question: How long after an active chase can you say that the fight is over? Say, for instance, I were chasing someone down a road, they earring'd to their home city, and sat on guards. How long is the socially acceptable time for them to sit there before they can journal or whatever and the fight/chase can officially be declared over?
    If they made it to their city I'd call it over, myself. At least as far as being able to journal goes.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Omor said:
    Question: How long after an active chase can you say that the fight is over? Say, for instance, I were chasing someone down a road, they earring'd to their home city, and sat on guards. How long is the socially acceptable time for them to sit there before they can journal or whatever and the fight/chase can officially be declared over?
    It's not over until they die. Get that punk
  • HELP HONOUR covers those situations, I think, but I'm not sure if it lists a specific time.
  • @Antonius Doesn't, that's why I was curious what the social norm is.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Used to be a minute of no combat, iirc.
  • I thought it was when they got tired of hurling abuse at you..

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Aegoth said:
    Omor said:
    It's not over until they die. Get that punk
    Until there head is piked.... "patience is of virtue"

• Can occultists use ents while para'd?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• nope, they can't
  • How do I counter someone with a mount and quickvault as a BM? I know I can hamstring and then feet, into prone, but is there anything else that I can do?

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    You can't mount with a damaged arm. Solves all a BM's problems. 
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • How can you tell what's going on during group combat, I can't even tell if I'm hitting anything half the time?
  • Bade said:
    How can you tell what's going on during group combat, I can't even tell if I'm hitting anything half the time?
    Practice.
    Deleting lines/highlights/echoes/colour.
    Practice.
    Practice.
  • That's quite a cute question. You could highlight your balances and watch your HP/affs.

The moment you see yourself getting targeted is when you either decide to run for the hills or tank so ur group can kill, depending on the competency of the opposing group.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited January 2017
    Could someone tl;dr how DWB momentum/prep/kill path works? Like, how quickly they gain/lose momentum and what momentum is used for besides parry bypass/proning. Can they punish leg pre-applies?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• At its simplest... Prep both legs, prep head, get to 8 momentum. Burn 3 momentum on leg breaks to prone, doublewhirl head to break and to get back to 7 momentum, assault head to use that 7 momentum, pulp.

Momentum is used for expend, and will naturally speed up the balance recovery of fracture (dual blunt's equivalent of raze). For expend effects:

Head stuns, torso stops rebounding if it's in the process of coming up (they can immediately smoke again, so it just resets the timer), left arm disables parry, right arm disables tattoos, and either leg prones. There are afflictions attached to each expend too but in most cases they're irrelevant; torso will give paralysis which is situationally useful against Bard, but that's about it.

• edited January 2017
    Awesome, thanks. Each "strike" generates 1 momentum then? Also, how quickly does momentum fade?

Seems like they have to expend on torso too against rebounding users for their pulp set up to work and they can't punish leg pre-applies.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited January 2017
    I am working on getting that information right now, @Exelethril.

Edit: Got it within edit time frame, awww yeahhh.
    In spoiler below, highly edited log, but shows progression from 0 momentum to 8(max) and back down with timestamp for each line.

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.

CONNECT: Left leg of Dredrith!!!

Your attacks begin to pick up momentum.

--Momentum:2|00:56:29.838- 

You are picking up speed.

--Momentum:4|00:56:31.895- 

You have picked up serious momentum.

--Momentum:6|00:56:34.338- 

You are little more than a blur.

--Momentum:8|00:56:36.908- 

You say in a clear, confident voice, "Max momentum."

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:7|00:56:40.905- 

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:6|00:56:46.034- 

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:5|00:56:50.905- 

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:4|00:56:55.918- 

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:3|00:57:00.921- 

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:2|00:57:05.912- 

Your momentum decreases.

--Momentum:1|00:57:10.908-  

You have lost all of your gained momentum.

--Momentum:0|00:57:15.907- 

You say in a clear, confident voice, "No momentum."

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • @Omor If you miss, do u still get momentum?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I'm going to guess no, but I don't ever remember missing, either. But I'm omnitrans with lvl2 morningstars, so that probably contributes.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Momentum fades 1 point at a time, every 5 seconds. The timer is reset by connecting with a successful attack, including Fracture. Missing an attack does not generate Momentum, or reset the timer, so it is a pretty big concern for a DWB Knight. Expending on either hit prevents Momentum gain for that combo, so you can't Expend on the first hit and replace that Momentum with the second hit.

You can break legs, break head, Assault within the rebounding window, Pulp itself actually ignores rebounding. Torso expend is good for resetting rebounding if you're doing mangle strats or extended prone damage bursts, assuming you can spare a hit without losing your setup. (DWB lost its extra limb damage in a recent classlead round, so I don't know how feasible that is anymore)
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    (DWB lost its extra limb damage in a recent classlead round, so I don't know how feasible that is anymore)
    If I remember right, this never actually got finalized, and it was stated that something would be done at a later date.
  • DWB is the most linear spec IMO but it supports the hell out of limb strats in groups and does great damage. 

• Dunn said:
    DWB is the most linear spec IMO but it supports the hell out of limb strats in groups and does great damage. 
    The damage is hilariously ridiculous, yeah. Quite possibly worse than pre-nerf Depthswalker degeneration damage.
  • edited January 2017
    Would be interesting to see if the Nairat prone dmg classlead applies to them. They already (I'm assuming) are getting an unnecessary minor buff to accuracy when stripping speed at regular intervals wasn't part of their skillset.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Fortunately it was subsequently rejected, nairat is already strong enough without that nonsense.
  • So thanks to @Xaden's patience and some advice from @Aegoth I've got both Magi kill strats down pretty well. Now my question is is it feasible to use any of the destabilize effects in 1v1? I feel like there is, since they can be combined with staff  strikes, but I cant come up with anything that looks like it would be more effective than what I'm doing.