Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• So I have heard repeatedly from multiple people that if you don't naturally have bowskills on your class, L1 bow is utter trash even with the aiming attachment. Anyone able to give me an idea of exactly how bad it is?
  • It hits, but it misses a lot too. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Meteors never miss.  Level 1 is a lot better than no bow
  • edited January 2017
    Vessil said:
    So I have heard repeatedly from multiple people that if you don't naturally have bowskills on your class, L1 bow is utter trash even with the aiming attachment. Anyone able to give me an idea of exactly how bad it is?
    First, L3 bow isn't much more accurate than L1, it's only a slight difference. If L1 bow is worthless because of accuracy, L3 bow is almost as worthless (still inaccurate, but better damage and speed). Also, any bow is fine for meteors.

For some specific details (though all numbers are approximate, and I'll assume you have the Marksman trait since it would be rather silly not to):
    Adjacent room, no icewall/stonewall in the way:
     Serpent with artefact bow: 95% chance to hit without aiming, should never miss with aiming.
     Knight with artefact bow: 85% chance to hit without aiming, should never miss with aiming.
     Other with artefact bow: 65% chance to hit.

Non-adjacent (2 or more rooms away), note that the bowstring means you always have the same accuracy as adjacent:
     Serpent with artefact bow: 70% chance to hit without aiming, 95% with aiming.
     Knight with artefact bow: 80% chance to hit without aiming, should never miss with aiming.
     Other with artefact bow: 50% chance to hit.

As for the damage:
     Darkbow: 400+MaxHealth*2/13
     L1 bow: ??? (I have a L1 bow, and I'm pretty sure I tested the damage at some point, but I can't find it anywhere. All I found in my logs is a single data point, 1030 damage against 3620 max health)
     L3 bow: 580+MaxHealth*0.19

• Sena said:
    L1 bow: ??? (I have a L1 bow, and I'm pretty sure I tested the damage at some point, but I can't find it anywhere. All I found in my logs is a single data point, 1030 damage against 3620 max health)
    Barely missed the edit window, but I just noticed this was with scales and a scimitar, so I'm not 100% sure what the base damage was.
  • edited January 2017
    What's the age cost of boosted accelerate?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Exelethril 340 age.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Does avoidance decrease the physical damage one receives against adventurers, or just denizens? I'd been under the impression it only gave a dodge chance against adventurers, but I've now heard it claimed that it's both dodge chance and straight damage reduction.
  • It gives damage reduction against denizens and adventurers.

• HELP AVOIDANCE in no uncertain terms answers these questions.
  • Yes, well, for some reason I thought that it didn't work how the scroll suggested.

I've never claimed to be a smart person, don't worry.
  • Can someone give me a rundown on the typical shaman binding/attunement combos? What to bind/attune and when? Thanks!
  • I have something like 15 different profiles saved. There's no typical unless you have no creativity.
  • Well can you give me a starter one so I can get on some hunting? Examples?
  • ri'shen, marak, garon, aelkesh, daina, arius are all pretty useful for bashing. Heck, even syvis, aspar and arcanor are useful depending on what you're hunting.
  • Can someone explain why this didn't give hypothermia?
    Log: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/v-3gRSSd

I broke a a limb with water, which should strip caloric, then I used deepfreeze, then hit with water again and hypothermia, with no applying to torso/skin in between.

I later tried this on Siduri and it worked. 
    Log: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9qRNhymw

She applied to legs and treed, which could get a level of frozen, then I deepfreeze, water/hypothermia, and she's frozen.

• Did you remember to enemy Halos?
  • Nope, cause deep. @Iakimen caught it right after I posted this. Thanks guys.

• @Alaskar If you haven't already, add enemying your current target to your deepfreeze alias, so you can be sure they're always enemied for it.
  • Does enemying take up retardation balance?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Yes, it does. 

• Should probs make another one without the enemying prepend for retardation.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited January 2017
    Or create a table to track enemies, then have your deep freeze alias check the table prior to casting. If they are already in the enemy table, it just casts. If not, it enemies them then casts. Then if you're in retardation don't use  it.

Or if you wanted to make it more complicated, add a retardation check. If enemied and retardation, cast. Else if enemied but no retardation, enemy and cast. Else if not enemied and retardation, echo "You numbnuts, you forgot to enemy, this course of action would be suicide!" End

• I really should learn to read the wheel discussion prior to posting... 

^useless post.

• I just didn't enemy him because I didn't want my efreeti sitting there hitting him while we spoke. The enemy thing on deepfreeze is a good idea, but it's not a problem outside of the occasional testing on a city member outside of the arena. Thanks for all the responses though,

• Should probs make another one without the enemying prepend for retardation.
    There's no real difference between doing enemy/cast deepfreeze and just cast deepfreeze in retardation; both have the end result of just doing "cast deepfreeze".
  • Can magi assess burn levels on someone or do they need to track from their end?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• We need to track
  • I haven't been able to update my stuff or check out the dw changes. Could you guys feel me in on how it feels right now. Still to good not good enough? Just make sure to state if you main the class or just fight against it. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • The Magi needs to track it, but there's a 3p room message for burn level reduction, so there's no reason for a miscount as long as they're in room with you.