300 mana
    Details:
    The gaze of the basilisk is truly terrible to behold. If your victim
    lacks the blindness defence, and suffers from four of hallucinations,
    dizziness, recklessness, confusion, paranoia, epilepsy, and impatience,
    you may turn them into little more than a living statue. They will be
    unable to do anything in this time, although the petrification is      
    short-lived.

• It's basically Sentinel equivalent of Hecate+Madeness.

It will wear away, you can't cure it (or anything else) - and you're about to die if you don't get away.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Is it possible to get away on your own, or is this a situation where you better hope you're not on a monolith and someone's on point with deliverance/empress?
  • Hallucinations used to let you run away and it'd fuck Sentinels over. But you can Petrify then 3 seconds later you're dead. It's over. Takes 5 seconds to un-petrify and the thing is, it can be cast over and over and over on you. So you can be stuck there forever by the Sentinel as someone kills you (because you can't cure) as long as the afflictions were all given by the Sentinel only.

And yes, you can call for help to be empressed/delivered as long as you aren't on mono. Then petrify fades away and you can cure as per normal.
  • It's pretty trivial to get in group with competent partners.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Fapfap
  • As a note, petrify is rare in that it requires the affs be given by the petrifier for them to count because of how potent it is in teams potentially.
  • But if you know someone's priorities, the teammate can stack the afflictions that are going to be cured first,  thereby letting the Sentinel stack faster. And if you happen to need similar affordable for your own kill strategy, you can use the Sentinel affordable to your advantage.

• I'm more concerned with the tri and quad afflicts coupled with any other affliction class. Serpent for instance will never give aff overlap with the sentinel because the kill paths are different. So the sentinel is getting free afflicting into pretty devastating results.

• Well, Serp/Sentinel just instantly lock, soooo
  • edited May 2016
    WTS services as insta-lock monkey to the highest bidder (will even use gorilla morph).
  • Do occultists have a unique balance for their ents? The wiki mentions that you need to command them so I'm not sure if all of them just attack automatically or if you need to order each one specifically.
  • Unique class balance for them and you pick which one you want to send.   The only exception is eerion who uses eq
  • RaizenRaizen Somewhere
    Does hellsight take EQ balance? Is it worth getting a diadem eventually?
  • edited June 2016
    Yes, it takes equilibrium, and it depends on how seriously you take PvP, as well as your class.

For priests, a diadem is a good idea in general, since a lot of the things you'll be doing require equilibrium.

For paladins, it really, really depends. If you -have- the extra credits and happen to be Dual-Cutting, a diadem is definitely worth it. You can damn very quickly if your enemy's not paying attention, since hellsight without combining it with targeted arc is quick enough that you'll get EQ back to damn before the target's had a chance to heal asthma and smoke, if you're good with your venoms.

Sword-and-shield can get by without it, but it's probably nice to have the safety net of a few extra miliseconds in case you mess up a bit (though probably not 1200cr worth of nice)

As two-handed or dual-blunt, I probably wouldn't recommend it. 
  • RaizenRaizen Somewhere
    Thanks, most likely SnB path for me.
  • You can probably do without it, then! For damnation, at least, the herb pressure well-used momentum can give you makes the diadem largely unnecessary! 
  • RaizenRaizen Somewhere
    How about hitting shield? Does diadem reduce EQ balance after hitting it?
  • Raizen said:
    yes, as far as I can tell. It reduces anything that uses or takes EQ
  • Raizen said:

Definitely, tested when I first bought it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • diadem is life
  • Try dropping Makarios a message to test before you purchase.

Diadem is one of those artefacts you'll never regret.
  • Not an easy question but which attacks drain a % of mana versus a fixed amount?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Not an easy question but which attacks drain a % of mana versus a fixed amount?
    Pretty much every mana attack,  I think. Unsure about mind crush.

The fixed amounts tend to be ability costs like focus, clot, etc.
  • Darn, INT pretty important then, I wanted to go Troll. Why does Xoran have to have the best stats, don't want to be a lizard :(

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Several mana drains I know use the same formula. To my knowledge, Angel Sap, Bard Solo, and...one that I can't recall all use 100+(MaxMana * .1) I seem to recall Demon Sap being less than Angel Sap, and I don't know about Occultist Enervate yet.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Everything but Mind Drain, I believe.

Don't know about solo.
  • Pithakhan is a flat ten per proc

• Ten percent that is

• Farrah said:
    Not an easy question but which attacks drain a % of mana versus a fixed amount?
    Pretty much every mana attack,  I think. Unsure about mind crush.

The fixed amounts tend to be ability costs like focus, clot, etc.

Can confirm mind crush is % based.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud