Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Dochitha uses it, yeah.

It's also very easy to fool, have done it a number of times to people using it. Would be shocked if anything freely given away, was completely illusion proof.

• edited May 2016
    Cynlael said:
    Dochitha uses it, yeah.

It's also very easy to fool, have done it a number of times to people using it. Would be shocked if anything freely given away, was completely illusion proof.
    Yea I do, but now heavily customized, I can't even recognize the changes... Not illusion proof but somewhat reliable, I do tailor my offense to avoid the tracker's weakness.

And that doesn't mean I won't go wrong:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6f93ed15

That redundant Epic shoulda been limerick and follow by Qasida...damn. He ran and tree'd up.

EDIT: I don't think I fight you before @Cynlael. How do you know I use a tracker? I mean it's easy to tell but how do you verify that claim...Do you have alt that we fought before?
  • It's very easy to get around the weaknesses of tracking with simple toggles.
  • Dochitha said:
    EDIT: I don't think I fight you before @Cynlael. How do you know I use a tracker? I mean it's easy to tell but how do you verify that claim...Do you have alt that we fought before?
    Alt yeah, but that was way back when you first started playing again.. Think you were Shaman. I know you use one, cause I've seen your logs :P

• Does anyone have bleeding numbers for lvl1/lvl2 torso breaks?
  • Taking hold of a breathtaking silver bastard sword with a firm two-handed grip, you hew savagely at
    Elawien's left leg.
    Elawien almost falls as the blade savagely bites into her lower left leg.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:10.030 M
    Elawien eats an aurum flake.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:10.162 M
    Elawien takes some elixir from a snow blossom vial and rubs it into her legs.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:10.166 M
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 3.803s

Taking hold of a breathtaking silver bastard sword with a firm two-handed grip, you hew savagely at
    Elawien's left leg.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:33.992 M
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:34.248 M
    Elawien takes a drink from a snow blossom vial.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:34.251 M
    Elawien touches a tree of life tattoo.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:34.432 M
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 3.617s

First was in speed, the second was in precision. Any idea why speed focus isn't speeding up hew? :/

• @Makarios I wondered if the Dauntless worked in the same way with Orders as the Mark does.

I don't ever want to join Mark because I have no intention of ever chasing contracts. However, if I could get a bonus to kills for Order essence instead of only losing for deaths, I would absolutely join this. It'd be a nice perk but I did not see anything about if it would be so or not so.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2016
    @Anedhel Are you sure you are using focus? You don't include the line for precision or speed in there.  You have to use focus then immediately attack, too. Otherwise the effect fades and you have to focus again.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Saeva said:
    @Makarios I wondered if the Dauntless worked in the same way with Orders as the Mark does.

I don't ever want to join Mark because I have no intention of ever chasing contracts. However, if I could get a bonus to kills for Order essence instead of only losing for deaths, I would absolutely join this. It'd be a nice perk but I did not see anything about if it would be so or not so.
    I hope they adjust this to work this way. More people joining this is a good thing.

Also, would be awesome if it stacked with Mark bonus. Give us some love (you know, since contracts pay out garbage 99% of the time anyway)!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Shirszae said:
    @Anedhel Are you sure you are using focus? You don't include the line for precision or speed in there.  You have to use focus then immediately attack, too. Otherwise the effect fades and you have to focus again.
    This was my thought too

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • It doesn't give a mark bonus. We still want mark to be more desirable (because people need their contracts fulfilled at the end of the day). We're hoping the 20% deficit bonus will be attractive to some people, but we'll see. Early days yet.
  • edited May 2016
    Not really a question, but if anyone needs it:
     ^A soft chiming emanates from (\w+).$

New magi passive curing line, that got added today. 
    Edit: ticks every 10 seconds, it seems like.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Cynlael said:

Magi got purity back?  Sweet tits
  • its a vibe now, so its bound to room
  • Cynlael said:

Is it the same line whether tuned to healing or restoration?
  • Don't think the hp/mp restore tune has a third person line. At least it didn't when testing.

• Hold up... we took kai banish and replaced it with something so, so, so much more egregious? :/

That's so goofy.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Anedhel said:
    Hold up... we took kai banish and replaced it with something so, so, so much more egregious? :/

That's so goofy.
    I hate fighting monks but I actually like this change. No more losing your mount mid-fight and running around frantically looking for it 'cause if you take the eq to whistle you're gonna get wrecked.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Nah, much more better to not be able to mount for 20+ seconds at a time and take a tumble time penalty, instead :/
  • well, at least it's a good telegraph for when they're about to use their finisher on you
  • With how fast tekura breaks, there's no reason not to use it to swk during prep, though. 45 kai against some classes isn't very much (knights give absurd amounts) :(
  • Tumble time penalty?
  • Anedhel said:
    Taking hold of a breathtaking silver bastard sword with a firm two-handed grip, you hew savagely at
    Elawien's left leg.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:10.030 M
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:10.162 M
    Elawien takes some elixir from a snow blossom vial and rubs it into her legs.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:10.166 M
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 3.803s

Elawien's left leg.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:33.992 M
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:34.248 M
    Elawien takes a drink from a snow blossom vial.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:34.251 M
    Elawien touches a tree of life tattoo.
    5418h 4542m 23620e 20600w |EE B D C K  86% 20:32:34.432 M
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 3.617s

First was in speed, the second was in precision. Any idea why speed focus isn't speeding up hew? :/

Gotta battlefury focus speed before every attack.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Anedhel said:
    With how fast tekura breaks, there's no reason not to use it to swk during prep, though. 45 kai against some classes isn't very much (knights give absurd amounts) :(
    It's got a decent equilibrium cost, so if you use it during prep they'll just stand back up. I'm not sure what the tumble penalties are like, but for the most part, it just seems like a banish that actually prevents mounting instead of letting someone just hop up on their other mount. 

I believe it's also slower, eq-wise, then banish was, so it's even easier to just run away when they use it.

• Banish was balance less. 
  • Nakari said:
    It's got a decent equilibrium cost, so if you use it during prep they'll just stand back up. I'm not sure what the tumble penalties are like, but for the most part, it just seems like a banish that actually prevents mounting instead of letting someone just hop up on their other mount.
    Sure, you'll stand up, but that's not really relevant. They're not using the prone to help prep, they're using the reduced dodging and lack of SWK immunity to prep.
  • Mizik said:
    Banish was balance less. 
    Liar!
  • Farrah said:
    Tumble time penalty?
    Seems pretty negligible. I was tumbling at 5.5 seconds with two broken legs while under the effect of surge, so I'd guess it's an extra 0.25 seconds per broken limb without doing more in-depth testing. Duration on the affliction seems to be 25 seconds.
  • Antonius said:
    Farrah said:
    Tumble time penalty?
    Seems pretty negligible. I was tumbling at 5.5 seconds with two broken legs while under the effect of surge, so I'd guess it's an extra 0.25 seconds per broken limb without doing more in-depth testing. Duration on the affliction seems to be 25 seconds.
    Dang. Enough for like 3 preps/takedowns.
  • Mizik said:
    Banish was balance less. 
    Unless I was somehow using it wrong, this wasn't the case. It wasn't a long equilibrium time, but it was there.