Logosmas, Stockings, and Candycanes!

Comments

• bought a whole host of (not really expensive) stockings, gave some away but kept a decent portion of them. I got 3 wood commodities, I'm not even dissapointed just... why three? Why not a pretty number like 5?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Because Triumvirate.

Because Three Magisters.

Because Triad of the Night.

Because Three Prelates.
  • CataleyaCataleya Southern Atrousian Jungle
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 692 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 6 
    pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 8 
    coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 786 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 16 bloodroot 
    leaves inside!

Not terrible, I suppose. I wanted to save for an enchanted pebble, too.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a sharpened Logosmas tree trunk, 
    and a group of 10 coal pieces inside!

Bereft of its usually festively-decorated branches, the remnants of festive garland encircling 
    it nevertheless identify this as a Logosmas tree. Sharpened to a fine point at one end, with a 
    few branches near the tip serving as barbs to prevent removal of anything impaled upon it, this 
    decoration now serves a more sinister purpose. Bark and branches shaved close, this trunk is 
    now smooth and unmarred along most of its length, the better to serve its new purpose, the 
    shreds of remaining decoration ready to serve a final insult to the victim displayed on this 
    macabre ornament.
    It weighs about 40 pounds.

"Ooohhhhhhhhhh," you say.

You exclaim in a refined, velvet-coated voice, "I can pike heads on a tree trunk!"

You say in a refined, velvet-coated voice, "How freaking festive is that?"
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a sharpened Logosmas tree trunk, 

Bereft of its usually festively-decorated branches, the remnants of festive garland encircling 
    it nevertheless identify this as a Logosmas tree. Sharpened to a fine point at one end, with a 
    few branches near the tip serving as barbs to prevent removal of anything impaled upon it, this 
    decoration now serves a more sinister purpose. Bark and branches shaved close, this trunk is 
    now smooth and unmarred along most of its length, the better to serve its new purpose, the 
    shreds of remaining decoration ready to serve a final insult to the victim displayed on this 
    macabre ornament.

You exclaim in a refined, velvet-coated voice, "I can pike heads on a tree trunk!"

I want that so freaking much.
  • edited December 2016
    I got 5 grand stockings. I got 27-30 average candy canes per stocking and 4 tundral drinking horns with one Northern cache that contained a young boar pet.

I feel pretty good about that, the worthless pet made me cry but the 400cr for the drinking horn tradeins made it good. I didn't win big but could have lost my ass and the odds were seemingly in my favor with the 4/5 respectable payouts.

With the grand stocking in play so long as I get double candy canes when I open it (regardless of the bonus item) I won't feel too bad I spent more on Achaea this month than the wife and I spent on our car insurance. Maybe a alittle bad tho

edit: with the grand "logosmas" stocking in play etc
  • Kyrra said:

macabre ornament.

I was so tempted to get that one.. because the idea of this merry christmas tree covered in heads amused me no end! :D

• You have received 18 giftbags as a part of the current promotion.
    The big prize is within the next twenty five giftbags!

Didn't get the big prize, why does achaea RNG hate me so much? :(
  • I wonder what the big prize is...

• edited December 2016
    So after the delay, opened a golden(platinum) stocking:

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a worn whetstone, 2025 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 21 goldenseal roots, a group of 28 ginseng roots, a group of 6 coal pieces, a group of 7 coal pieces, a group of 8 steel bars, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

No candycanes at all? And the whetstone doesn't have a value to trade it in. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I was counting on candycanes...

Edit: Braved the second:

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 25 credits, a wooden box of parts, 1059 gold sovereigns, 753 gold sovereigns, 943 gold sovereigns, and a group of 18 bloodroot leaves inside!

That at least had 25 unbound credits, but they don't seem in line with what I'd been getting.
  • edited December 2016
    Qirua said:
    So after the delay, opened a golden stocking:

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a worn whetstone, 2025 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 21 goldenseal roots, a group of 28 ginseng roots, a group of 6 coal pieces, a group of 7 coal pieces, a group of 8 steel bars, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

No candycanes at all? And the whetstone doesn't have a value to trade it in. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I was counting on candycanes...
    Lol, at least you didn't get this:
    You open a grand platinum stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a Ledolian Surcoat, 1416 gold
    sovereigns, and 2037 gold sovereigns inside!

Yay, something I can empower a total of 10 times. Just 10. Then it's nothing.

They redeem for 49cr each...

My Fancy golden stocking was awesome, though.

You open a fancy platinum stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink, an elegant diamond
    vial, 1121 gold sovereigns, and 1202 gold sovereigns inside!

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 30 credits, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a 
    wooden box of parts, 1098 gold sovereigns, 264 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 coal pieces, a 
    group of 12 pieces of rope, a group of 20 valerian leaves, a group of 21 lobelia seeds, and a 
    group of 9 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 18 
    bloodroot leaves, a group of 33 valerian leaves, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 515 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 15 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 26 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 12 steel 
    bars, and a group of 19 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 
    Lucrescent nuts, a wooden box of parts, a worn whetstone, 2049 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 
    pieces of rope, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 11 pieces of rope, a group of 12 
    lobelia seeds, a group of 12 pieces of rope, a group of 13 ginseng roots, a group of 20 
    valerian leaves, a group of 22 ginseng roots, a group of 23 goldenseal roots, and a group of 25 
    ginseng roots inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 30 credits, a featureless ice figurine, 1318 
    gold sovereigns, 1525 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 bloodroot leaves, a group of 13 steel bars,
     and a group of 13 wood commodities inside!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 1247 gold sovereigns, 860 gold 
    sovereigns, and a group of 10 wood commodities inside!

Ok so cool with the crown, but you figure with us spending what we are, that there would be more of a prize for having to wait so long for all the stockings to fill not to mention what we are actually paying out to get these stockings in?
  • You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a luxurious black top hat, a worn whetstone, 1662 gold sovereigns, 444 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 30 credits, 1522 gold sovereigns, a group of 13 bloodroot leaves, a group of 20 ginseng roots, a group of 30 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 9 pieces of rope inside!

You open an extravagant platinum stocking and find a trader's reference, an icicle whistle, an ornately carved ivory pipe, 1232 gold sovereigns, 714 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 pieces of rope, and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

• 13. Forum signatures may not be animated or taller than 200 pixels.

• Cooper said:

13. Forum signatures may not be animated or taller than 200 pixels.

Fixed. Also relevant:

1. Don't be a jerk.

Merry Christmas Logosmas!

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited December 2016
    Bronislav said:
    an icicle whistle
    Is that the platinum whistle or the silver whistle?

ETA: Nvm, you said it's the silver whistle.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Can whetstones please be promo tradein-able? I have two now and I have all of the weapon proficiencies because I learned them forever ago. I could understand having one floating around, it could be used as an RP prop but ending up with more than one and them having no value is a bit meh.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Got a globe. Globe had a bone shrike in it. Going to go jump off a cliff now.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Do the plat/gold stockings not come with candy canes????

I was under the assumption that they'd come with them since it's DOUBLE the rewards...
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    @Bronislav Does the icicle whistle have a different message/delivery than the silver whistle?

• Frederich said:
    Do the plat/gold stockings not come with candy canes????

I was under the assumption that they'd come with them since it's DOUBLE the rewards...
    No they do not its about the same or less from normal stockings that has been noted
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited December 2016
    The gold stockings seem to be one to two non-candycane (i.e. artefact) rewards from the same tier of stocking that they were upgraded from. Definitely not less than the regular stockings?
    Huh. Neat.
  • They're not less, but they are more in line with last year's stocking pulls from whatever newspost details those. Which is what I think happened. I could be wrong and no one's said anything about it, but I really wanted extra candycanes...
  • You open a fancy platinum stocking and find a globe of shifting continents, an elegant diamond vial,
    548 gold sovereigns, and a group of 19 lobelia seeds inside!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 credits!
    You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1980 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 31 ginseng roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Eleusis, giving you a new balance of 336980
    gold.

You open a fancy platinum stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink, an elegant diamond
    vial, 891 gold sovereigns, and a group of 9 pieces of rope inside!

I have to say I was counting on something a whole lot better than this :(
  • Krypton said:
    Because Triumvirate.

Because Three Magisters.

Because Three Prelates.
    And a partridge in a pear tree

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Naoma said:
    Frederich said:
    Do the plat/gold stockings not come with candy canes????

No they do not its about the same or less from normal stockings that has been noted
    Yeah this is what is really annoying me about this.

These stockings are, supposed to, be "double the worth" what a normal stocking it (with chances at bigger prizes).  From the looks of it, the extravagant bonus has been pretty 'meh' with the normal stockings giving decent-ish...

I was under the assumption that, whenever it said DOUBLE, you'd get double candy canes too (which is what helps make it 2x)... not... 2 chances at prizes with no canes, as compared to 1 w/ 90+ canes.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Frederich said:
    I was under the assumption that...
    There's your problem right there...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Krypton said:
    Because Triumvirate.

Because Three Magisters.

Because Three Prelates.
    And a partridge in a pear tree
    And three partridges in a pear tree