Logosmas, Stockings, and Candycanes!

Comments

• @Antonius Thanks for the clarification!
  • Am totally buying 5 extravagant stockings.  Doesn't have to be all at once.  Just need to get to 5 eventually.
  • @Makarios candycane scythes
  • You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 92 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 16 valerian leaves inside!
  • Frederich said:
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 92 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 16 valerian leaves inside!
    Those 16 Valerian leaves make the package all the more worth it.
  • Senoske said:
    Frederich said:
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 92 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 16 valerian leaves inside!
    Those 16 Valerian leaves make the package all the more worth it.

Its the thought that counts.

... Right?

• edited December 2016
    jeez...a vial from an Extravagant....

@Makarios could we please have the 'smaller prizes' just removed as a choice for Extravagant? I mean they are worth over $100.....

Edit:

Or even better, for the percent chances of a vial to go down as you go up in the tier until it reaches 0 at extravagant.

Normal: The same (let's say 50%)
    Fancy: 20%
    Grand: 10%
    Extravagant: 0% (A lovely prize for sure!)
  • The vial is just a bonus you get on top of the stocking worth. The bigger your stocking the more canes you get (and of course the better your chance of rolling lucky on one of the bigger payouts, but you'd get that regardless of if you also got a vial).
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    If the canes are worth 3 bound, then he just opened a stocking for about 276 bound cr, not including the vial.

Also, I looked at the list. No festive painter's palette?

• Canes tradein for 3 bound credits, correct, they are worth 5 when used to purchase artefacts from the Logosmas listing.
  • If you can trade in the logosmas artifacts you can get even better value out of candy canes, too.

3 credits is 60% of 5 credits, but the artifact tradein percentage is 66%. So 10 candycanes can trade in for 30 credits, or you could buy a pipe and trade that in and make 33 credits. 
  • edited December 2016
    Makarios said:
    The vial is just a bonus you get on top of the stocking worth. The bigger your stocking the more canes you get (and of course the better your chance of rolling lucky on one of the bigger payouts, but you'd get that regardless of if you also got a vial).

Ah so the prize goes something like:

Get candycanes, Randomizer: <X> Amount

Randomizer: Get an artie prize

Randomizer: Get a vial too

• Where does one procure a Logosmas stocking?  

• With money from the website, or you could offer credits for one on market.
  • Is the Logosmas List written in how much credit worth the price is or how many candycanes you need? I.e. the wings. Is it 80 candycanes or 400 candycanes?
  • Logosmas list is priced in candycanes, 80 means you need 80 candycanes to purchase it.
  • Ah. Well 400 candy canes, fuck that then.
  • The bonus of the stockings comes with the gold/platinum ones you get as bonuses. If you're buying less than 5 stockings the chance of you getting better value out of them than just buying credits and getting giftbags is fairly small.

• Its worth noting that your chance for a stat artefact in a stocking is significantly higher than in a giftbag as well, so you're chance for big payouts is a good bit higher in that respect as well.
  • edited December 2016
    @Makarios concerning special stockings that are guaranteed to give a big payout in the next 50: does it calculate which stocking gets the prize based on when they get filled or when they are opened? Im wondering if I can just put a stocking or two up when it is announced and simply coming back later to check, or should i be waiting for midnight and spamming open stocking.

Edit: also is the special prize awarded at the 50th or any in 50.
  • May I suggest some possible additions to the Logosmas list, to entice more with this promotion:

Bound Mayan Crown (bound for obvious reasons): Can sell in singles or in rolls.

A charcoal cache (Christmas theme): Can open for Blackwave talisman set

Additionally, perhaps some things that are not obtainable in the game:

An arctic phoenix mount: Legendary and flying

• So I got the icy cleaver. Idea of it is badass. Execution...

You tell Mindshell, "Casting a glacial chill
    across the surroundings, miniature snowflakes
    spinning around the frozen blade of this mighty
    cleaver. Polished to a fine gloss, the tool's
    handle sparkles with a lustrous gleam, the
    ambient light trailing over the red and white
    stripes as they swirl along the candy cane grip.
    Gilt patterns churn through the sharpened rime,
    their icy confines emitting a rhythmical humming
    as the halcyon symbols float within the
    permafrost."

Mindshell's voice drips with venom as he tells
    you, "Shining steel, glinting threateningly in
    the light, creates a solid head of this
    gargantuan of a cleaver. Sharpened to perfection,
    the edge is ready to butcher or cut through any
    encountered substance. Lacquered and polished to
    a fine gloss, the handle is cut from a mysterious
    and hardened dark wood, crafted to rest firmly
    within the grip of the wielder. Swirling patterns
    of obscure meaning are etched along the outer rim
    of the blade, inlaid with gold and offering a
    beautiful contrast to the deadly cleaver."

Who played fucking plug'n'play with the description? Their Engrish is very bad. :|

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    tbh the idea of a candy-striped cleaver, icy blade or no, seems very serial killer to me :x

• Frederich said:
    We've received a fair bit of feedback that people would like more variety in the stockings, and a chance at superior payouts in the higher stockings outside of the candycanes. Taking that into account, we've made a couple of adjustments:

- The artefact vials will now show up more often - this applies to all levels of stocking.

- Fancy stockings now have a chance to generate an item from the candycane list, up to a point (the largest items are reserved for the special christmas day and newyears stockings).

- Grand and extravagant stockings will always produce one of these items.

So.  Quick question for Makarios/Nicola.  is this also retroactive?  I'm unsure if that's even a thing that can be done, but would be nice.
  • edited December 2016
    @Makarios

Are you guys planning to add onto the list/change up the list as the promo goes on?

Trying to decide if I just want to sell mine since none of the items are something I really want/need currently. Now if there were bracelets...
  • You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 93 candycanes, a brooch of the first holiday snow, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 7 steel bars inside!
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    edited December 2016
    Senoske said:
    @Makarios

Are you guys planning to add onto the list/change up the list as the promo goes on?

Trying to decide if I just want to sell mine since none of the items are something I really want/need currently. Now if there were bracelets...
    LOGOSMAS SHOW 11 ... ???????

Also, for those interested:

a jingling bell-studded shackle

Green-hued iron is forged into a single, hinged shackle forming this menacing accessory. In spite of this, the jingling bells studded across its length provide a festive touch and follow the wearer with cheery music. Somehow much more massive than its appearance belies, this shackle glitters with holiday cheer while still protecting its user from unwanted movements. A small green and red bow completes the effect, resting just above the clasp of the shackle.

• You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 90 candycanes, a pair of Ogre's Gauntlets, and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!

Aww yiss. My backstabs just got 10% stronger.

..It is 10% stronger, right @Sena? :innocent:

• It isn't :( But it's more than 4% and less than 7% depending on your current strength.