Logosmas, Stockings, and Candycanes!

Comments

• Cooper said:
    It isn't :( But it's more than 4% and less than 7% depending on your current strength.
    It's low - I'm Dex-focused, unlike @Deladan, who is a crazy Str-focused Serpent that backstabs for like, 70% of a target's health.

Also:

You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 96 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and a group of 17 goldenseal roots inside!

This one was less 'wow', largely because Bron doesn't smoke. But...Hmm. I wonder if selling custom cigars would be a thing.

• BronislavBronislav Maryland
    edited December 2016
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 93 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and a group of 29 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 88 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and 285 gold sovereigns inside!

I'm deleting a chunk of what I wrote because it largely felt like bellyaching. I guess I'll withhold judgment until the golden stockings pop open. :confounded:

• I am so so sorry... :(

Is that cache a normal cache or pet one?
  • Just keep in mind a large part of the bonus comes from the extra stocking you get that has double rewards! 

• Asmodron said:
    I am so so sorry... :(

Is that cache a normal cache or pet one?
    interlocked caches are the pet ones. :(
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 89 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and 544 gold sovereigns inside!

I thought for 129 dollars it would have more.. stuff.
  • Most definitely only getting normal ones
  • $139 gets you 400cr.

89*5 = 445.  Tundral drinking horn is like 100+cr.

You got above what you would have normally, so long as you spend the candy canes on somefin.
  • I think I'm gonna get 5 of the second highest tier. That should be enough candy canes for the Wings, which I don't have a pair of yet, and if I get lucky some artifacts I can tradein and put on something else. Knuckles maybe, since I already have Level 3 Str, Level  3 In, EQ Diadem, Level 3 COllar, Level 3 Con and Level 3 Bracelets. Monk seems like it would benefit from that a fair bit.
  • Devran said:
    I think I'm gonna get 5 of the second highest tier. That should be enough candy canes for the Wings, which I don't have a pair of yet, and if I get lucky some artifacts I can tradein and put on something else. Knuckles maybe, since I already have Level 3 Str, Level  3 In, EQ Diadem, Level 3 COllar, Level 3 Con and Level 3 Bracelets. Monk seems like it would benefit from that a fair bit.
    5 is only $75 - would that really give enough to get a 2000CR item?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited December 2016
    Devran said:
    I think I'm gonna get 5 of the second highest tier. That should be enough candy canes for the Wings, which I don't have a pair of yet, and if I get lucky some artifacts I can tradein and put on something else. Knuckles maybe, since I already have Level 3 Str, Level  3 In, EQ Diadem, Level 3 COllar, Level 3 Con and Level 3 Bracelets. Monk seems like it would benefit from that a fair bit.
    @Prythe
    Huh. Neat.
  • Hey so with all this cool stuff...

Anyone willing to buy a broke person a stocking?

(Only half joking)

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Taraus said:
    Senoske said:
    @Makarios

Are you guys planning to add onto the list/change up the list as the promo goes on?

Trying to decide if I just want to sell mine since none of the items are something I really want/need currently. Now if there were bracelets...
    LOGOSMAS SHOW 11 ... ???????

Also, for those interested:

a jingling bell-studded shackle

Green-hued iron is forged into a single, hinged shackle forming this menacing accessory. In spite of this, the jingling bells studded across its length provide a festive touch and follow the wearer with cheery music. Somehow much more massive than its appearance belies, this shackle glitters with holiday cheer while still protecting its user from unwanted movements. A small green and red bow completes the effect, resting just above the clasp of the shackle.

Eh, too bad I don't really care about buying a mass shackle. :/
  • Senoske said:
    Taraus said:
    Senoske said:
    @Makarios

Are you guys planning to add onto the list/change up the list as the promo goes on?

Trying to decide if I just want to sell mine since none of the items are something I really want/need currently. Now if there were bracelets...
    A braided garland bracelet:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price:                   140
    Based on:                a Ceylonese bracelet
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?????

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Taraus said:
    Senoske said:
    @Makarios

?????
    Reserves power. 5/10/15% hp/mp total.

• edited December 2016
    The 5 extravagant + 1 golden extravagant stocking is actually really good value even if you convert arties you already own at 2/3rds value. Tempting :worried:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • The 5 extravagant + 1 golden extravagant stocking is actually really good value even if you convert arties you already own at 2/3rds value. Tempting :worried:
    You need to come back from being dormant.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Ahmet said:
    Devran said:
    @Prythe
    Oh, I read that wrong - thank you!!! Thought it said "Second tier."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited December 2016
    Sarathai said:
    The 5 extravagant + 1 golden extravagant stocking is actually really good value even if you convert arties you already own at 2/3rds value. Tempting :worried:
    You need to come back from being dormant.
    I really want to but can't at this point of time, one day soon hopefully. Kinda miss the fighting stuff and guard raids 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 101 candycanes, Pixie's Boots, and a group of 6 steel bars inside!

You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 91 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 20 lobelia seeds inside!

I'm guessing if I get a stat artefact, it overrides my ability to get anything from LOGOSMAS LIST, @Nicola / @Makarios ?

Also, so far for items.

Artie pipe (10 canes)
    Artie Dex Boots (1) (100 canes, technically)
    Cigar Box (20 canes)
    Brooch of the Tempest (30 canes)

These two, sadly, didn't have artie vials with them...

It's kind of depressing to see most of the "Bonus items from the logosmas list!" be things that are worth 10-30 canes. I was hoping I'd get lucky, like Bann, and nab myself a glacial cleaver... but I guess these are.. kinda nice since I'd eventually have to buy them..?

• I thought the item from logosmas list would be a given (which the stat arties aren't on the list).  Which is ??? to me.

It's pretty good haul overall though.  Even if I don't really care much for the booties.
  • Some other lovely suggestions for logosmas list:

Icewyrm mount: legendary (flying if you like)

A wintry bridal veil: veil of the sphinx (please please add this o.o )

Frosty icicle: icicle talisman

Compact snowball: once per day can cause a blizzard in the room.

Jolly candle: light candle to remove blizzard in the room

Badly wrapped gift: open once a day for yourself or another to give the wheel tarot effect.
  • Asmodron said:
    Some other lovely suggestions for logosmas list:

Icewyrm mount: legendary (flying if you like)
    Icewyrm morph can't fly, so probably not flying.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Taraus said:
    Senoske said:
    @Makarios

?????
    Oh Guess I missed that one. But I already have lv1's. D:
  • So.  I think the only real complaint I have is that Grand stockings always give an item.  But so do Extravagant.

Even if the chances are slightly off, so long as extravagant stocking can give artie pipes or things worth 20 canes, it will never be in your favour to buy five extravagants over 10 grands.

Especially considering that the 10 grands ( $450 ) gets you two golden stockings.  The 5 extravagant ( $650 )  just gets you one... which has a chance for something nice.  Even if it's just 'raw' value.

12 items (with a minimum value of at least 50cr pretty much) vs 6 items (with a minimum value of 50cr) (this side costs more, but might be better!)

Less this golden extravagant stocking literally prints money.. It just seems a lot more 'effective' for people to buy grands over extravagants.
  • @Frederich - I didn't get the cleaver from a stocking, I bought enough stockings that I got the 60 canes and bought it outright. I didn't really get anything nice from my stockings, they were all fancy/normal stockings.

• Oh.  I feel lied to now.

OH WELL.  Maybe still.
  • Frederich said:
    Oh.  I feel lied to now.

OH WELL.  Maybe still.
    The cleaver was actually the only thing I wanted out of all of the items listed, so...yeah. The wings would have been nice, but I don't have the expendable income I once did, so I can't really put out the kind of $ that would be required to get them. RIP!