Logosmas, Stockings, and Candycanes!

Comments

• Considering I've spent 2983 cr on the 5 that I have bought (and one of which was hung for me rather than bought for me, so I need another 1).. It's been 'meh' overall.

I only barely made back enough credits with those boots boosting me, and thats if i keep the artie that has no use to me.  So.. It's really meh.  The bonus stocking is likely what makes it worth it, which is probably (hopefully?) stuffed to the brim with shit that'll make me sob.
  • edited December 2016
    I have...

Level 3 con belt
    Level 1 sash/gauntlets/boots
    Level 3 crit pendant
    Level 3 Bracelet
    Level 1 Health Regen
    Level 2 Endurance Regen
    Level 2 Health Sip
    Death Cape

I couldn't figure out what I wanted.

So I spent 3000cr on stockings instead.
  • I probably broke about even with what I would get from buying credits directly.

I only did it because I like to have Mayans on hand, and this seemed like a good way to get them as a below average cost.

That "broke even" includes Elite 10%, and an assumption that the "bonus" stocking will have the same value or more than the ones so far.

It does NOT include the fact that I love/prefer to buy credits once a year with the 30% stacked bonus. :( 

Nothing big really. A couple fun ARTE pipes and vials. Plus Candy Canes. (Some of which I am going to be using as awards for a contest - another reason I did the stockings.)

No "big" Artes or anything in the WOWOWOWOW variety.

One more to open to make my five before I sit back and wait for the bonus stocking.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• You open an extravagant stocking and find a group of 95 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 29 ginseng roots inside!

My last stocking.  Also hung my extravagant (platinum GROSS SOBBING) stocking too.

So far, out of 6 stockings...

Antler Pipe
    Antler Pipe
    Cigar Box
    Boots of Dex
    Brooch of the Tempest
    Mayan Crown

Got about 89-95 candy canes each so.

100cr (pipes)
    100cr (box)
    500cr (boots)
    150cr (??? Brooch)
    50cr (mayan crown)

560 candy canes (2800cr)

All I gotta say is... Extravagant stockings really have a high chance for throwing out things that are worth 10-30 canes, which isn't really something I liked, considering I thought they'd be more likely to fling out the higher stuff, ABOVE, what lower tier gave.  Or just gave me extra canes so I could not spend on a friggin thing

Shout out to @Torinn for fueling this addiction and buying me like.  4/6 of the stockings.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Tahquil said:
    'Memeber when stockings were given as gifts to people to say thanks? To give them a small thrill in opening something unknown? 'Member when we didn't count the monetary worth of gifts?

Yeeeeep.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Tahquil said:
    'Memeber when stockings were given as gifts to people to say thanks? To give them a small thrill in opening something unknown? 'Member when we didn't count the monetary worth of gifts?

I miss the monthlong Ironbeard random giftbags. Those were so much fun. So much salt was had and so many people so jelly.
  • Yes well @Frederich you're just fueling mine too. I'm just addicted to shinies, not gambling  ;)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Kyrra said:
    Tahquil said:

Yeeeeep.
    I dunno about other people, but every stocking that's been hung for me as a gift has gotten a thank you and a hug, because it's a exciting to open them and touching that someone would do something like that without being asked. The only exception to this rule has been @Driden, who got a thank you oocly but no hug, since a Eleusian hugging a Mhaldorian would be weird. So many people in this game do small touching things and it just about breaks me every time. I'm an emotional fucker sometimes.
  • Tahquil said:

This. 

I just want to get a stocking, put @Rangor s name on it and put worthless crap in it. :(
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Coamenel said:
    Tahquil said:

This. 

I just want to get a stocking, put @Rangor s name on it and put worthless crap in it. :(
    I've heard he's a secret potash-head...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited December 2016
    Can I make the request that crates NOT be included in stockings? Just got one from a grand stocking. There's enough pets around to honestly make them a burden more than something anyone wants. I can't even give the things away for free and have people actually want them anymore.

26 canes, 1 interlocked crate.
    Minipets don't sell, so redeem for 5cr.
    105cr total for 45$ purchase. Should have just bought credits for the giftbag lol.
  • Got a tuning fork (133cr for free) and a vial from stockings. ty @Desiray
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I am weakkkkk. I've resisted for so many promotions, but I am weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

You have received 5 of a fancy stocking and a fancy golden stocking.

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and a group of 16 ginseng roots inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes and 841 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 12 candycanes and a group of 15 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 11 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 6 steel bars inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 11 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and 1453 gold sovereigns inside!

Huh. Neat.
  • @Senoske I will take all of the pets

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited December 2016
    Aralaya said:
    @Senoske I will take all of the pets
    @Aralaya I ended up dropping it at Atop and just shouting over market that it's there for whoever wants to pick it up.

Regardless, there's already a pet issue with too many pets everywhere. Pet's could be included in the lower-end stockings, sure, but Grand+? That makes literally no sense to me considering they're pretty much worthless and the only reason I got a Grand stocking is because it guarantees an upper-tier item. A minipet is NOWHERE near something like a vial which actually has some functional use.
  • Senoske said:
    Aralaya said:
    @Aralaya I ended up dropping it at Atop and just shouting over market that it's there for whoever wants to pick it up.

Regardless, there's already a pet issue with too many pets everywhere. Pet's could be included in the lower-end stockings, sure, but Grand+? That makes literally no sense to me considering they're pretty much worthless and the only reason I got a Grand stocking is because it guarantees an upper-tier item. A minipet is NOWHERE near something like a vial which actually has some functional use.
    Is a Vial or Pipe considered an "upper tier item?" If so, i did well, if not, I did not get any "upper tier items."

Hmmmm.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited December 2016
    Prythe said:
    Senoske said:
    Aralaya said:

Is a Vial or Pipe considered an "upper tier item?" If so, i did well, if not, I did not get any "upper tier items."

Hmmmm.

In terms of the stockings, I'd say so, considering the rate in which their given. I guess out of all of the items you COULD get, they're low tier items. But compared to a damn minipet, a vial is SO much damn better.
  • @Senoske It was mainly said as a joke, I will still gladly take pets but I agree it should be in lower tier stockings
    @Prythe the vials and pipes as well

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited December 2016
    Aralaya said:
    @Senoske It was mainly said as a joke, I will still gladly take pets but I agree it should be in lower tier stockings
    @Prythe the vials and pipes as well
    Oh yeah, I know. But I felt ranty. So rant happened. :tongue:

@Makarios

Can you guys remove interlocked caches from grand+ stockings? It doesn't make sense to have them in there since the pets, unless you get some insanely rare one, is nowhere near worth it. Vials and pipes+?
  • Anyone buying candycanes? Got 40 of them :)
  • @Coamenel I'm taking candy cane donations!  :p

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • It would be nice to see weapons for each class purchasable with candy canes, as well as a bow, reskinned or otherwise. 
  • Just out of curiosity how much are stocking going for, credit wise?  Just the regular or maybe level 2 and is there any for sale. . .  :)
  • Milabar said:
    Just out of curiosity how much are stocking going for, credit wise?  Just the regular or maybe level 2 and is there any for sale. . .  :)
    I got one fancy stocking for @Datrius at 50cr. Thats what, 30 cents per credit? Seemed a fair price to me. 
  • I'm really looking for a 5 pack, need some for the kids in game and no credit card atm,  wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this though.   I'll market in game of that's allowed?  Still sort of learning the ins and outs that are new after a year or so away :) thanks for reply though @Coamenel :)
  • I'm buying 67 more candy canes at 4 per in case anyone else is looking to get rid of some.