Logosmas, Stockings, and Candycanes!

1234568»

Comments

• What if you got TWO gauntlets instead, huh?
  • Pissedd.  6 extravagant at 6x the price of those 35 got me..

2 cigar boxes
    2 pipes
    1 brooch
    1 something else i likely traded in.
    2 or 3 vials. :(
  • Frederich said:
    Pissedd.  6 extravagant at 6x the price of those 35 got me..

2 cigar boxes
    2 pipes
    1 brooch
    1 something else i likely traded in.
    2 or 3 vials. :(
    And how many candy canes valued at 5 credits each?
  • 35 stockings (with 7 plat) should give as many candy canes as 1 of my extravagant.

AKA; 85-95ish.

So, he made out the same on candy canes (for 1 stocking), but better on arties.

If he had bought 6 extravagant's stockings worth in normal ones, he'd likely have the same amount of canes + better prizes so, that isn't really applicable.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I have 131 canes

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Note to self now I guess;

Don't buy the expensive stockings.

I guess I'll get to see how disappointed I am with my 6 extravagants + 1 plat vs 35 normal + 7 plat.  (considering 1 extravagant = 35 normal)
  • More of less is more than less of more. ;)  

20 regular stockings yielded:
    1x Pipe (33cr)
    3x Vial (78cr)
    Horn (100cr)
    Cigar Box (66cr)
    69 canes
    + some herbs and comms and 5k gold.

All in all, that's somewhere between ~480-620 credits depending on how you valuate the candycanes. Beats the hell out of credit purchases with the 10% membership bonus.

Still haven't opened the platinums. Very happy.
  • Any of the platinums fill yet? 

• They are now, @Qirua.

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 30 credits, a luxurious black top hat, 1540 gold
    sovereigns, 338 gold sovereigns, a group of 26 ginseng roots, a group of 35 goldenseal roots, and a
    group of 9 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 1172 gold sovereigns,
    and 1512 gold sovereigns inside!

Not bad for some free shit. :)

• edited January 2017
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 25 credits, a luxurious black top hat, 1747 gold sovereigns, 2098 gold sovereigns, a group of 32 goldenseal roots, and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!

You open a grand platinum stocking and find a prospector's guidebook, a worn whetstone, an elegant diamond vial, an elegant diamond vial, 1590 gold sovereigns, 437 gold sovereigns, 619 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 lobelia seeds, a group of 27 valerian leaves, and a group of 32 goldenseal roots inside!

---------

Okay - no clue what the Whetstone does - and the Top Hat does not state it is resetting? So confused.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Got a mayan crown from a logosmas platinum stocking. Sweet
  • You open an extravagant platinum stocking and find Lesser Stone of Wonder, a shard of the lesser lorewarden, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1311 gold sovereigns, 741 gold sovereigns, and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!

Ill have to look at what all these do.  Im not home,  but i feel like it isnt worth the same as 500ish candy canes and an artie.  Maybe... well itd need to be 1000 since double value
  • Whetstones are free weapon prof
  • 1 golden and 2 platinum. Got 3 crowns. I'm happy
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    @Frederich

* Lesser Stone of Wonder will allow you to REDEEM <stone> FOR <item>,
    where the item is one of these discontinued Shop of Wonders items:
       Item Name    SoW Artefact
       ---------    ------------
       Portfolio    A crafter's portfolio (Allows crafters to preserve up to 100
    designs)
       Jar          A fluvian jar (Fills with 100 draughts of water, allows
    squashing fires, scrubbing off stink, clearing graffiti and many other uses).
       Hippogriff   A charcoal hippogriff (Legendary flying steed with a Collar of
    Lupus (resets to your inventory))
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Damn if I knew stones were a thing I'd have gone all out looking for a greater one.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Frederich said:
    You open an extravagant platinum stocking and find Lesser Stone of Wonder, a shard of the lesser lorewarden, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1311 gold sovereigns, 741 gold sovereigns, and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!

Ill have to look at what all these do.  Im not home,  but i feel like it isnt worth the same as 500ish candy canes and an artie.  Maybe... well itd need to be 1000 since double value
    The lesser lorewarden is the 350cr artefact for switching classes.

The rose thorn allows you to ink a tattoo instantly 5 times, not sure if it has a credit value.

Lesser stone of wonder lets you trade it in for some discontinued SoW items. Not sure how much the crafter portfolio went for, but the fluvian jars sold for 150-300cr before.

• Eh.  Id have preferred 200ish candy canes and a normal chance for an artefact.  I don't really care for class swapping... yet.  Since I'm out of lessons tbh.

Fluvian jar could be nice,  but I'm really meh on the candy cane issue.
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 504 gold sovereigns, 
    and a group of 19 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 25 credits, 1046 gold 
    sovereigns, 1214 gold sovereigns, 1488 gold sovereigns, a group of 6 coal pieces, a group of 7 coal 
    pieces, and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a luxurious black top 
    hat, a worn whetstone, 150 gold sovereigns, 1737 gold sovereigns, 267 gold sovereigns, 325 gold 
    sovereigns, 536 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 pieces of rope, a group of 11 coal pieces, a group of 
    13 pieces of rope, and a group of 9 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a luxurious black 
    top hat, a worn whetstone, 2076 gold sovereigns, 2084 gold sovereigns, 487 gold sovereigns, 807 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 12 pieces of rope, a group of 34 ginseng roots, and a group of 8 coal pieces 
    inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 160 gold sovereigns, 
    and a group of 28 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 948 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 18 valerian leaves, and a group of 32 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 25 credits, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, 1152 
    gold sovereigns, 1729 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 ginseng roots, a group of 35 lobelia seeds, and 
    a group of 9 wood commodities inside!

Used the credits and my crowns to get enough candycanes for the lightning band, traded my old one in for 233cr and ended up with 412cr which is enough to get the shackle which I wanted anyways! Yay!

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a free trait reset, 
    1096 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 coal pieces, a group of 12 goldenseal roots, a group of 30 
    valerian leaves, and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 30 credits, a featureless ice figurine, 1254 
    gold sovereigns, 822 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 pieces of rope, a group of 19 goldenseal 
    roots, a group of 22 lobelia seeds, and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 11 steel 
    bars, a group of 8 pieces of rope, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 750 gold sovereigns, and a group 
    of 8 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 25 credits, a luxurious black top hat, 205 gold 
    sovereigns, 479 gold sovereigns, a group of 13 bloodroot leaves, a group of 15 lobelia seeds, 
    and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 974 gold sovereigns, a group of 
    12 coal pieces, and a group of 16 lobelia seeds inside!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yeah.  Looking at the normal logosmas plat ones, you can get 7 normal plat ones,  for the price of an extravagant.  You get 35 stockings,  more pipes, vials, etc...  it's kind of lame that the extravagant plat didn't get anything near as much as the 175 normal stockings and 35 plat stockings.... its kind of weird/lame.
  • Frederich said:
    Yeah.  Looking at the normal logosmas plat ones, you can get 7 normal plat ones,  for the price of an extravagant.  You get 35 stockings,  more pipes, vials, etc...  it's kind of lame that the extravagant plat didn't get anything near as much as the 175 normal stockings and 35 plat stockings.... its kind of weird/lame.
    I'm not sure you'd be happy with any promo at this point ;)