Achaean Raves

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Rangor said:
    But how will Nature reclaim hashan now!?
    Collapse the whole thing into that giant chasm and then shovel dirt over the top?

EDIT: Actually, there's a question I was wondering about earlier in relation to that. Did the creation of the chasm/abyss technically take more chunks out of the Northern Ithmia? Or did parts of Hashan/its surroundings just "shrink" somewhat as the abyss took up the space instead? Was there a cleared space between the forest and the walls before, or did the NI (visually) come right up to Hashan's walls? If it's the latter, then it presumably took out more of the NI in the process (that chasm had to come from somewhere), but if the former then possibly not.

I probably should have paid more attention to the room descriptions beforehand. Anybody want to clarify for me?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarathai said:
    Rangor said:
    But how will Nature reclaim hashan now!?
    Collapse the whole thing into that giant chasm and then shovel dirt over the top?

EDIT: Actually, there's a question I was wondering about earlier in relation to that. Did the creation of the chasm/abyss technically take more chunks out of the Northern Ithmia? Or did parts of Hashan/its surroundings just "shrink" somewhat as the abyss took up the space instead? Was there a cleared space between the forest and the walls before, or did the NI (visually) come right up to Hashan's walls? If it's the latter, then it presumably took out more of the NI in the process (that chasm had to come from somewhere), but if the former then possibly not.

I probably should have paid more attention to the room descriptions beforehand. Anybody want to clarify for me?
    The only rooms that seem to be gone were previously Grasslands rooms, and a few road rooms seem to be Forest rooms now.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    The only rooms that seem to be gone were previously Grasslands rooms, and a few road rooms seem to be Forest rooms now.
    So sort of like this (where the forest presumably started just off to the right of the image), rather than this (with the forest literally creeping up the walls)?
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @sarathai pretty much, but instead of some grasslands betweent he forest and the city, picture a 100 yard deep canyon with some floating rocks here and there
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    According to the map, Hashan is unchanged except for the road of eternity is gone, and the forest is essentially unchanged. Descriptions lead us to believe that at least the edges of the forest were damaged where the sundering happened, but the forest goes right up to the edge still. The ground split and there was some collateral damage to the forest.
  • Maybe the darkness/whatever weird magic of Hashan will corrupt the Northern Ithmia over time!

i'm a rebel

Tesha said:
    Maybe the darkness/whatever weird magic of Hashan will corrupt the Northern Ithmia over time!
    shhhh, don't give away our master plan!

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Saw that they had a praying mantis minipet in the globes and I just had to get one (family sigil of I'llur family and all). I managed to purchase one. The thing is immensely cute! Said mantis:

The slender frame of this hand-long mantis is a bright green hue, though the back end of the abdomen bears silvery patterned striations. Two long, raptorial forelegs extend outwards from the body, the bottom halves strangely evolved into scythe-like blades with razor-sharp edges, and four long, segmented legs extend outwards from the abdomen, each covered in fine fibres. Two long, thin wings of a clear material with pale veins occasionally flutter in agitation, never staying still for too long. The thinner, articulated thorax supports a triangular head, its huge, compound eyes of black ever staring above a pointed labrum. Always swaying in different directions, a pair of long antennae maintain a constant watch on any potential movement.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Siri Vorondil, Worthy of Service (female Rajamala).
    She is 178 years old, having been born on the 9th of Mayan, 510 years after the fall of the
    Seleucarian Empire.
    She is unranked in Achaea.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is not known for acts of infamy.
    She is considered to be approximately 35% of your might.
    She has been divorced once.

Siri is worthy not just of service, but 4G service. She knows the answers to most questions one might pose in Achaea! She probably has a nice ripe Apple for you too! iAchaea ftw!
    Ognog said:
    Hashani Renaissance! So Excited! Thankyou @Twilight, @Ourania and all the admins and players who have worked hard to make it happen!
    Hopefully you lot open up your old househalls instead of letting them sit there for years unexploreable and inaccessible. Or at least nuke the rooms. *COUGH*MHALDOR*COUGH*

But congratulations! Look forward to you lot doing good things.
    Huh. Neat.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You act like that's in our control to change anytime soon. Dare you to start bugging Sartan about that and see how far you get! :open_mouth: 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Melodie said:
    You act like that's in our control to change anytime soon. Dare you to start bugging Sartan about that and see how far you get! :open_mouth: 
    Yeah yeah. He got started on the right track! He had two rooms open! And then, well. One poofed, the other moved. And idfk where things wen't from there :confounded: 

Huh. Neat.
    Jurixe said:
    Congratulations on the founding of your Houses, Hashan. Definitely a very unique bent to their composition and driving ideals; purely from an outsider's perspective, it seems to be 'ethereal' vs 'practical', but that might be a very first-impressions simplistic view of it. I look forward to seeing what you make of them.

Onwards to Ashtan!
    We'll try to get everything set up before the week rolls over, so stay tuned!

-Also, good luck Ashtan!

• Thank you to @Tharvis, @Sarieno, and @Tyamat, for putting up with my dumb questions because I've forgotten a lot. And milk. Lots of milk.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I just want to say a quick thanks to Hashan for not trying to force me to sail, even though I'm the mma. It's been tough getting used to this new work schedule and I've been too tired when I get out to do it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Raves for @Twilight and/or @Ourania for nuking those househalls.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Someone's salty...
    Jacen said:
    Someone's salty...
    My middle name is Nackle.
    Huh. Neat.
    @Jacen he's more speaking of the position of an explorer, apparently not having 100% explored rating on his little tome drove him crazy :D 

• Tharvis said:
    ...apparently not having 100% explored rating on his little tome drove him crazy :D 
    The Lonely Planet: Achaea edition is a guiding light of his life.

@Ahmet

Sarathai said:
    Tharvis said:
    ...apparently not having 100% explored rating on his little tome drove him crazy :D 
    The Lonely Planet: Achaea edition is a guiding light of his life.

@Ahmet
    The HitchHikers Guide to Sapience

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I just want to thank Hashan for not getting all angry at me for not really sailing or dping much of anything lately. It's been tough getting used to this new schedule and when I get home from work at night, it's the last thing I want to do.

Add to that the fact that Lachlan just bought a house and we'll be moving in a couple weeks. Just thanks.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Tahquil said:
    @Vadik @Bronislav : I'd like to rave at them for being classy as fuck for returning the ore I dropped outside my mine when I disconnected.

I'd like to shame @Shanngla and @Aelios for being cunts and making fun of me over it.
    Making fun? I just said I didn't think you'd get it back.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein