Achaean Raves

Comments

• Saeva said:
    The game I came from used a match method. Say you had 28 bronze gladii after killing a bunch of Soldiers.. You could do MATCH gladius (Or any item. Letters, parchment, corpses) and it would list all 28 and show any variation in name (dented, sharp, keen etc) and you could inspect them one by one. Say the 17th gladius was excellent condition and the rest were poor.. Put 17 gladius in pack. Once in a pack it was no longer on the match list. It was extremely simple and easy to navigate. I dislike the ii and ih with tons of #IDs. It feel slow.
    Really? I have a much easier time grabbing an id off II than I would counting down a list to see whether the thing I want is number 15 or 16 or whatever.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Eld said:
    Saeva said:
    The game I came from used a match method. Say you had 28 bronze gladii after killing a bunch of Soldiers.. You could do MATCH gladius (Or any item. Letters, parchment, corpses) and it would list all 28 and show any variation in name (dented, sharp, keen etc) and you could inspect them one by one. Say the 17th gladius was excellent condition and the rest were poor.. Put 17 gladius in pack. Once in a pack it was no longer on the match list. It was extremely simple and easy to navigate. I dislike the ii and ih with tons of #IDs. It feel slow.
    Really? I have a much easier time grabbing an id off II than I would counting down a list to see whether the thing I want is number 15 or 16 or whatever.
    Depends. Perhaps the match returned a numbered list. In which case it really would be nifty and awesome.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited February 2014
    If it did, you could just as easily script in a numbered ordering on II and IH on the client side as well.  Which would probably work very well with this change that allows item#17 come to think of it.
  • edited February 2014
    While giving a history lesson I just recalled the time I watched @Cooper behead Twilight back in the day, something like year 280ish... It was a duel with no zapping or "divine fire" which is what made Gods unable to be attacked. Twilight didnt actually 'die' though, but with it he conceeded defeat... then I think shortly after that @Sarapis ordered everyone in the lands to kill cooper back to Minia, which we did. Didnt stop him from getting two short swords and killing nubs who attacked pixies though...

Good times.
  • The first part is true.

Once I hit 21 I never dropped back down to 21 though, did hit ~30 a few times from 65+.

• Second part is true too, cept I thought you made it back to Minia, but I distinctly remember you going around with double shortswords killing people still at 21 or whatever you got down to. Was pretty epic, I must admit.
  • It was a numbered list that looked like.....

1. A bronze gladius
    2. A bronze gladius
    3. A chipped bronze gladius
    4. A sharp bronze gladius
    5. A keen edged bronze gladius

etc.  I was on my phone when I posted that earlier. Harder to make it thorough.

Say you had 4 letters...
    you could do: match letter
    And it would bring up anything with the word letter in it
    1. A letter
    2. A letter of doom
    3. A gold letter
    4. A tunic with the letter R embroidered on the lapel

While that's not all so incredibly different, what you can do is read 3 letter, oh that's the one I want to keep? Put 3 letter in pack.

It's just even a step easier than letter#2 even. Just reference. I'm not demanding anyone implement anything.
    I'm just saying that system was very, very simple and much more efficient. Something worth at least knowing about if in fact that kind of change is to be built on in the future.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Ourania is so awesome.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Eh might want to delete that picture. Could be against tos our something

• That picture gets used on the internet a ton. If they want me to take it down, I will. It's a direct quote from a movie.
  • edited February 2014
    @Aelios for being a good sport about the contract.

Laptop crashed like 2 minutes later so I lost the log of me stalking you through Dun for 20 minutes :( I'm glad those 2 Cyrenians didn't make you stop hunting though.

Tied for 2nd in Quisalis now, need more contracts (after my good friend @Dunn gets one first ofc)

Edit: Lettars
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• On the subject of nice marks, I have really late Wednesdays, so I was dead tired. But I sat in Mog afk while foruming. Xer took full advantage of it so props to him. I've really gotta add metawake to my retardation stuff cause that was a slow and sad soul spear/arrow death :(

But the real rave goes to Kafziel who made the first move while I was typing up my diplomatic explanation to him. Had he done anything else I would have focused vibes and raised hell, but no, he used Funeralmass.
    I just stood there scratching my head like 'wtf is Funeralmass'. Decide to tumble like 7 seconds into it. Total derp moment. Rave for skills nobody uses.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Kyrra said:

Wessux said:

I forget how sexy the Seven Truths are till I read them. And then it all comes flooding back to me.

I heard that in Celine Dion. This is how Wessux sounds in my head now.

Sold.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Who? Nell, give them some props.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited February 2014
    @batuo and @jurrac for being awesome students. You guys are are awesome. Some day y'all will be killing machines. :D *sniff* I'm proud already.

• edited March 2014
    Wess, you've been helping them too :P Though admittedly, Aerek has been doing the majority of the work.  Still love watching it. Not going to mention the name cause they asked me not to.
  • Watching someone progress from non-com to eventual kill machine is so damn heartwarming.
    Clockwork or steam powered killing machine? These are the important details we need.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Cathy said:
    Clockwork or steam powered killing machine? 

Ok.

• Kyrra said:
    - 2014/03/01 09:40:05 - Unable to stand against the power of Runelore, Skarash has succumbed to the 
    ancient powers of Beloved Kyrra Drac'Kal, Totem Mistress.

It overwrites disembowel deathsight. So freaking awesome. :x
    You got a custom deathsight?
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Cathy, yep! Rarely ever seen since I rarely kill people. Was from two or three auctions ago.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Rave at @Achimrst, @Motako, @Kaie for a really great (long, but great) month spent weaving our way through the Multiverse to find the Lsheatha (how cool was that?). Rave @therestofsapience for leaving us be so we could accomplish it.
  • Quiet, no-pressure socialization at the Universal Membrane, first with @Firien (yayy mother/daughter time!), and then also with @Ellowyne. It's so nice to have casual RP with no expectations or agendas, with people who don't mind if you drift into thinking more about the design you're working on than talking for a while. And the Membrane is always full of entertainment (...and awkwardness).
  • Bluef said:
    Rave at @Achimrst, @Motako, @Kaie for a really great (long, but great) month spent weaving our way through the Multiverse to find the Lsheatha (how cool was that?). Rave @therestofsapience for leaving us be so we could accomplish it.
    I didn't finish my house descriptions, or what I want to spend my credits on, or figuring out what I am going to do with Kybrae's books in my other house.... I blame @Bluef for my procrastination today :P