Achaean Raves

Comments

• Bonko said:
    @Mannimar sucks.
    Be nice @Bonko or share!!!
  • @twilight is awesome. He is one of the reasons I came to the ball in the first place. Cuz i guessed he would be there

@scarlatti and @ourania ....you guy are awesome to watch. The flirting you guys do is entertaining.

@vulnurana was awesome to see you

@scarlattans awesome as usual. Good artistry

@eiredhel and everyone who worked so hard to put together the event. Y'all did a great job. Really sorry i couldnt stay to the end..needed a few hours of sleep before work

• Omg Hydra morph.
    So much fun.
  • @cidusii Thank you for the dances! Thought I'd miss out on the entire thing.

• SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado

Bluef said:
    Rave at @Valnurana for hosting an after party in the Temple, so Bluef could don her ball gown and dance with @Darktalon without unleashing bloodshed. Also raves to @Cecilia and @Samakhulis for their parts in the hilarity.

A floppy-eared bunny drifts in from the east, suspended mysteriously in midair.

Cecilia gives a floating bunny a wild cheer!

Cecilia snuggles up close to a floating bunny, looking happy and content.

Darktalon narrows his eyes at a floating bunny in an unnerving manner.

You say in a soft, purring voice, "Oh dear.."

Spirit of the Duck, Darktalon Tiercel, Dreamer of the Flight says in a slightly crazed voice, "So it 
    begins."

Spirit of the Duck, Darktalon Tiercel, Dreamer of the Flight says in a slightly crazed voice, "The 
    final battle."

Darktalon is surrounded by a shining corona of blinding light and the shimmering image of the Gopher 
    momentarily overlaps him.

Samakhulis watches.

Spirit of the Duck, Darktalon Tiercel, Dreamer of the Flight says in a slightly crazed voice, "I am 
    ready for you!"

Dreamsage Cecilia Saer'rac says, "Why a gopher?"

cont.:

@Darktalon says in a slightly crazed voice, "I will burrow and dig and sniff!"
    Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Ellodin with the mini camel finding event. Definitely made the afternoon a bit more fun and interesting. Thanks for the laughs!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Yay random admin saving me from not being able to receive tells suddenly. Yay @tharvis for telling an admin. That was a bit...scary. thought a divine was mad or me or something..haha

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I really love how DiscworldMud handles items and things, that is actually something I miss. Would give anything for a locate command.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I really love how DiscworldMud handles items and things, that is actually something I miss. Would give anything for a locate command.
    I'm sure you can always get some horny nerd to script you one ;)
  • Are you volunteering or
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kyrra said:
    This.

Discworld does quite a few interesting things, and one of them is item handling. You don't have item IDs at all - you just refer to items by shortnames, or full names if you need to, or the second one if you have items that are the same. There's also a system to "nickname" items for easier reference, and a locate command to help you find any items on your person (which is good because they have enough containers to make you dizzy).

I really wish Achaea had this. I've always found item IDs to be somewhat OOC (even if we do our best to cover that up as much as we can, which works but is still jarring). Easier item interaction is always a good thing. Emotes was a stupidly wonderful step forward, hopefully the system in works can be another!

As for an actual rave: There are certain plots going on that I can't figure out the end goals of, and the mystery of it is intriguing and entertaining, if somewhat shocking. It's quite fun to witness and react to, even if I'm not really sure -how- to react sometimes and stumble over myself.

Hopefully more raves to come within a few days, too!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Depending on how the aforementioned locate command works, it would probably be either trivial or impossible to script for Achaea. If you just want it to find items with a given word in their description, it would be quite easy to throw that together in Mudlet. If you want items that respond to a given keyword, you have the problem that there's no way to get a list of keywords for a given item (afaik). That said, we already have II <item>, I doubt it would be difficult to extend that to show items in containers as well, which sounds like it would be essentially the same functionality.
  • EldEld
    edited February 2014
    Shadrac said:
     ANNOUNCE NEWS #4057
      Date: 02/25/2014 at 23:14
      To : Everyone
      Subj: Item interaction

Dealing with multiple items is always somewhat tricky, especially for new adventurers, so we've added some new functionality to assist with this.

You can now reference a particular item in your inventory based on its "position" in your inventory. For example if you have two letters in your inventory, such as:

letter424478 an elegant white letter
      letter424807 an elegant white letter

You can now PROBE/READ LETTER#2 (*) to read the second letter, instead of typing in the number

(*) We've started with PROBE and READ, but we'll be expanding this feature to other commands in the near future, so stay tuned!

Penned by My hand on the 12th of Valnuary, in the year 648 AF.
    Don't get me wrong - I love this change.

That being said I wish it followed convention and we could do.

read letter

read 2.letter

read 3.letter

I don't know - just what I'm most used to after a decade and a half plus of MUDding.
    Threw me off, too. I wouldn't mind seeing that syntax added as an alternate, but in the mean time, you can alias it yourself in mudlet: 

pattern: ^(read|probe)\s+(\d+)\.(.+)$
    script: send(matches[2].." "..matches[4].."#"..matches[3])

• Shouldn't that just be (.+) at the end? You don't want to match a series of actual dots.
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    edited February 2014
    Eld said:
    pattern: ^(read|probe)\s+(\d+)\.(\.+)$
    script: send(matches[2].." "..matches[4].."#"..matches[3])

@Eld Logically that should work but for some reason when I do probe 2.pipe it doesn't do it - not sure if I'm missing something.  Either way thanks.  I'll play with it.
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Antonius said:
    Shouldn't that just be (.+) at the end? You don't want to match a series of actual dots.
    Yep - that fixed it.
  • Yeah, my pinky got away from me with those backslashes. Edited.
  • edited February 2014
    The game I came from used a match method.
    Say you had 28 bronze gladii after killing a bunch of Soldiers.. You could do MATCH gladius (Or any item. Letters, parchment, corpses) and it would list all 28 and show any variation in name (dented, sharp, keen etc) and you could inspect them one by one. Say the 17th gladius was excellent condition and the rest were poor.. Put 17 gladius in pack. Once in a pack it was no longer on the match list. It was extremely simple and easy to navigate. I dislike the ii and ih with tons of #IDs. It feel slow.

• But that's exactly what II does isn't it?  In that case, you'd just II GLADIUS, see the full list of them, and you could easily pick the one you wanted with IDs (or put x of them away, the same way).