The Revelation

Comments

• Can we fast forward the event? Now that Achaea UN has taken over, there are just two routes the event can follow: 1) there's enough essence for everybody, and all shrines get rebuilt, or 2) there's not enough, so maybe the latter half of The List would be destroyed. Either way, minimal PK is to be had unless, I dunno, it becomes abundantly clear that there isn't enough essence to go around and so the Orders have to fight for it.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I think you highly underestimate the admin's ability to decide they want to steer the narrative in a new, unforeseen direction - if they want to.

Have a little faith.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'm sure Jhui and I will be around later to run ourselves into a group of 20. There's fun to be had still. 

• I do now think it pertinent to wonder if there is intended to be enough essence to go around. Given how admin want miracles to get used but the shrines should still be put up as part of this phase, I suspect at least some leeway there, but it will be interesting to observe.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• This somehow seems relevant:

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    From all of us who would otherwise just sit around in Nirvana/journal/temple Limbo while in Avatar state... Thank you, Achaea U.N.!
  • I love me some mass pk chaos, but it's kinda nice having a different pace in a world event.
  • Krypton said:
    From all of us who would otherwise just sit around in Nirvana/journal/temple Limbo while in Avatar state... Thank you, Achaea U.N.!
    This is not a problem with events being open PK... this is a problem with you. Don't be an avatar if you don't want to get hunted down like the crass pig you really are deep down inside
  • Mmm. Bacon. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Yikes. Look up the definition to "facetious" sometime, huh?
  • Times like this im pleased I opted out of the traditional 'follow one of the available gods' concept. Far too messy.
  • edited October 2016
    Sarathai said:
    I do now think it pertinent to wonder if there is intended to be enough essence to go around. Given how admin want miracles to get used but the shrines should still be put up as part of this phase, I suspect at least some leeway there, but it will be interesting to observe.
    No, there will obviously be enough energy to fill out every single master shrine without a problem and the gods at the tail end of this global list are 100% A-OK guaranteed safe and they'd never ever kill a God in a major world-changing event, especially when every single God has an active and involved player behind it and isn't just an empty shell taking up Order space.

And TBH the city I am most disgusted with in this whole event is Mhaldor. If Sartan were active I am pretty sure he'd line you all up for executions over this "No, it's cool, Sartan can be at the middle of the pack. He can wait." treaty stuff. You're letting the side down, dudes. :(

• I'm surprised no faction has tried to align themselves with the tsol'teth, personally.

Worked out pretty well for Mhaldor in the beginning: Bal'met got things done.
  • We'd need an active Sartan to remind Mhaldor that we're supposed to be the bad guys. Alas
  • Aegoth said:
    We'd need an active Sartan to remind Mhaldor that we're supposed to be the bad guys. Alas
    A Mhaldorian came up with the plan to begin with.
  • Nazihk said:
    And TBH the city I am most disgusted with in this whole event is Mhaldor. If Sartan were active I am pretty sure he'd line you all up for executions over this "No, it's cool, Sartan can be at the middle of the pack. He can wait." treaty stuff. You're letting the side down, dudes. :(

Nailed it buddy.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I'm honestly not upset at Mhaldor for coming up with the plan: Their entire ideology requires a world to be subjugated. I'd be royally pissed if Dunn came up with the plan and got everyone to buy into it.

I'm more upset at how easily this entire thing devolved into "Friendship is Magic" and how 3/4 of the player base can now freely wash their hands of the whole thing.
  • Actually, on Mhaldor's part this is pretty smart. Once they get their Master shrine built they can just turn on everyone. 

• Deladan said:
    Actually, on Mhaldor's part this is pretty smart. Once they get their Master shrine built they can just turn on everyone. 

so you're basically implying you're all simple for accepting the ruse?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Except the way its setup, everyone will be finishing just around the same time. Even if they try to screw us over, we'll all be super-close to finishing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2016
    Lol people talking and complaining like they know shit about what the admins have planned. Honestly, I am a little sad the avatars even make you open pk in the first place. It would have been a very interesting thing to roleplay with, I think.

But yeah, I am sure the event will be interesting and the admins will steer it in an exciting direction no matter what.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Calyn said:
    To be fair, when Sartan subsequently stabbed Bal'met in the back (face?), he wound up tossing him into Nish, which was a very bad thing and arguably made things worse.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Except according to math that would have happened instead, with everyone even further from a raised shrine.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Sarathai said:
    Calyn said:
    To be fair, when Sartan subsequently stabbed Bal'met in the back (face?), he wound up tossing him into Nish, which was a very bad thing and arguably made things worse.
    As I said, in the beginning.

Things were going pretty swimmingly for them up until that point!
  • Team Babel: 1. Team Coalition: 0 so far
  • To all the people pissed about "Mhaldor's position" it's just Jarrod trying to show off before he goes dormant for 6 months again and people dumb enough to concede to him. It'll blow over. Always does.
  • I mean, I kind of joined the clan, pitched my plan, pushed it until it became reality. Nobody else in Mhaldor knew about it until I pitched it in Thera.

Believe what you want though :)

• edited October 2016
    Yeah, I'm with @Tahquil on this. I had to leave half an hour after the event started so I didn't get a chance to do very much. Just now logged back looking forward to the group fights and deals and stuff, only to find we're all of a sudden in a giant alliance thingie, and I gotta admit, I'm pretty disappointed by it. Seems so boring to do things this way.

• from a storytelling point of view I kind of like it a lot. It's neat to be able to participate in a big event. I think the last one i was able to participate in was like... Pandora? something like that... I dunno... I don't remember much just ask Cain.

From a player perspective, I wish I knew what was going on. I know i'm just a casual player who isn't good at any one thing but mediocre at many things, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Sometimes other people just amaze me with their ability to instantly know whats going on, where to go, what to do when they get there, and overall situational awareness.