The Revelation

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

I might agree, but seeing how a 15-stack relinquish (which is claimed to be LOADS of magnitude better) has no visible effect on Master shrines yet, I wonder how quickly things will get repetitive/drawn out with people just going on their own and getting 1-, 2-, 3-stacks max.

• There's always PKing Jhui/Dunn/Hirst! I mean, if this massive group can't even kill three little Ashtani, what're the chances when you're all Balkanized that you're going to be able to?
  • I find no thrill or fun in pk. I find thrill and fun in collecting splinters, running like hell and careful negotiation.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Too many fuckin' cooks in the kitchen.

Everybody gotta throw in their 2 cents, and throw people off the strategy.

Groan, well, live and learn

• @Tesha : You do realise it has boiled down to huge squads of people rolling together to obliterate the other, smaller pack of people because of this alliance. Isn't that the definition of a gank squad?
  • I'm rather surprised the Babel faction choose to side with the Tsol'teth. That basically implies accepting the Tsol'teth as their overlords and I do believe renouncing their God as well. I'm not sure how they will play this out. Quite fun though
  • Asmodron said:
    I'm rather surprised the Babel faction choose to side with the Tsol'teth. That basically implies accepting the Tsol'teth as their overlords and I do believe renouncing their God as well. I'm not sure how they will play this out. Quite fun though
    Servants of Oblivion uninspired by grand team effort to save world, news at 11.
  • Anyone have a list of Avatar powers?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Anyone have a list of Avatar powers?
    Propensity for nudity is the big one.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited October 2016
    Shirszae said:
    I don't think they are siding with the Tsol. They are building their master shrine, after all. They are just choosing the mayhem route to do it. 

Its really pretty standard.

Ah perhaps I misinterpreted that news post. My own fault for not looking further into it
  • Tahquil said:
    @Tesha : You do realise it has boiled down to huge squads of people rolling together to obliterate the other, smaller pack of people because of this alliance. Isn't that the definition of a gank squad?
    Uhhhh... 'obliterate'?

- 2016/10/02 03:05:44 - Leviticus falls to Old Jhui Ta'sa, his body seared to a crisp by electric 
    energy.
    - 2016/10/02 03:05:53 - Leviticus falls to the arrows of Ravager Elite Dalran.
    - 2016/10/02 03:06:04 - Patroklos has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Eldritch General 
    Hirst da'Miras.
    - 2016/10/02 03:06:17 - Patroklos has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Old Jhui Ta'sa.
    - 2016/10/02 03:06:28 - Exxia has bled out, slain by the might of Dunn Lichlord, Herald of the Outer 
    Cold.
    - 2016/10/02 03:07:12 - Naoma falls to Old Jhui Ta'sa, her body seared to a crisp by electric energy.
    - 2016/10/02 03:07:33 - Rohalla has bled out, slain by the might of Dunn Lichlord, Herald of the 
    Outer Cold.
    - 2016/10/02 03:07:48 - Ginovianna dies, her defences no match for the relentless might of Eldritch 
    General Hirst da'Miras.
    - 2016/10/02 03:08:00 - Yzarin has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Eldritch General 
    Hirst da'Miras.
    - 2016/10/02 03:09:06 - Torinn has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Old Jhui Ta'sa.
    - 2016/10/02 03:09:10 - Torinn has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Old Jhui Ta'sa.
    - 2016/10/02 03:09:30 - Szanthax has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Old Jhui Ta'sa.

If you mean, 'everybody is being obliterated by Jhui', then sure.
  • I was like Track! Breathrain!... oh that worked well.

• @Armali I didn't say they were successful. Not all ganks are successful.
  • Farrah said:
    Asmodron said:
    I'm rather surprised the Babel faction choose to side with the Tsol'teth. That basically implies accepting the Tsol'teth as their overlords and I do believe renouncing their God as well. I'm not sure how they will play this out. Quite fun though

They chose to side with Babel and Babel only... not sure how that is remotely renouncing their own god for the Tsol'teth.

Yes apologies, misinterpreted that public news post, specifically this line "I have been informed that those of Lord Babel's Order have decided to side with the Tsol'teth, though they might not believe themselves to be."
  • edited October 2016
    I'd hardly say you could call it a gank squad when deathsight is basically in favor of Ashtan 10 to 1. It's more like a smaller group of people is successfully group fighting a large group of people through tactics and arties.

EDIT: The alliance is the only way to make it fair... for everybody else!
  • edited October 2016
    You say in a lighthearted voice, "Nope."
    You say in a lighthearted voice, "Not."
    You say in a lighthearted voice, "An vavatar."
    You say in a lighthearted voice, "NOT AN AVATAR."
    You say in a lighthearted voice, "NOT ANA VATAR."
    Old @Jhui Ta'sa says, "Fooled me."

MMMN.

Gotta love whenever you're not an avatar and people still kill you anyways...

Even when you tell them.. numerous times...

PS: If @Proficy can stop whenever he hears that someone already relinquished...

Ya'll can too.
  • you became an avatar on purpose, you happened to relinquish as we were attacking you.  You died a non-avatar.  Rules won't save you here.  We're not old school cause-Achaea.

If you'd chosen not to become an avatar on purpose, you'd have a point.  Otherwise, you put yourself in the fight.
  • Jhui has a point.

04:10:40.189 A titanic roar rises from the Sangre Plains as Frederich lays claim to the mantle of an Avatar of Prospero.

04:11:20.475 Frederich has been slain by the might of Old Jhui Ta'sa.
  • i am very much enjoying the event. this is my first big achaea event and for better or for worse, it happens to be a pretty big world defining event.

just want to say that one thing about the ooc vs ic motivation debate. i feel that ooc motivations for choosing ic actions should not always be looked down upon. achaea is a game after all and if someone is asking themselves the question, "will i have fun going down this route?", i personally would not fault him or her for it.
    spread positivity
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I'd just like to point out, as a resident order head, that no one is forcing players to rebuild shrines except players. I haven't heard of any God saying "Quick, rebuild My shrine ASAP or else." You want to RP that way, that's cool, but let's not pretend in any OOC capacity that we're required to care about text shrines, especially when most of us spend most of our OOC time complaining about maintaining them.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • also, just because a choice seems like the only reasonable one icly to you or the majority player base does not mean i as a player am an idiot for not having my character conforming to it.

some people like idealized dragonlance novels and where as others like grim violent realism fantasy novels such as the ones written by joe abercrombie and richard k morgan.
    spread positivity
  • edited October 2016
    Frederich said:
    Ya'll can too.
    "Can" is different to "will" - though you were an Avatar when you started. If you'd relinquished, escaped, and then they killed you later on without you attacking first, then I might agree with you.

I do, however, agree that a lot of people aren't bothering to check. But when has Achaea's player base ever proven itself capable of restraint? We're a bunch of children conditioned to jump at the first chance we get for risk-free murder. Remember the Bal'met finale where everybody was actually responsible for onc-well, never mind then.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• That sort of thing happens when the leaders have no hard power. There are people in the clan saying 'talk to X first', 'someone talk to X' or 'is X hostile', and others attacking at the drop of a hat.