Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• Mizik said:
    Cooper said:
    It's okay Kythra. Dunn/Mizik/me went 70 kills to 0 vs Hashan's UW squad of 10-13.

Mhashtan for life.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/852f064c

What HAPPENED out there? Yo, lunge dominates this blind dir spam warfare.
    why am I orange? I mean I know I'm special but this is an honour
  • I got a case of 12 case of monster zero ultras here...

• Frankly as has also been stated before, I dont see this event as fun anymore and it has degraded from what was nice underworld faction war system to "lol lets pubstomp em".

As I intend to do with a game, if it isnt fun then i simply wont do it. Id much rather enjoy productive things like hunting talisman pieces and gathering gold rather than be a ragdoll because people decided to throw event rp out the window with no form of reprecussions. Far better things to do with my game time. Enjoy

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Asmodron said:
    Frankly as has also been stated before, I dont see this event as fun anymore and it has degraded from what was nice underworld faction war system to "lol lets pubstomp em".

As I intend to do with a game, if it isnt fun then i simply wont do it. Id much rather enjoy productive things like hunting talisman pieces and gathering gold rather than be a ragdoll because people decided to throw event rp out the window with no form of reprecussions. Far better things to do with my game time. Enjoy

"Throw event RP out the window." You're asking people to throw RP out the window INSTEAD of doing as they should. This is a WAR. This is a FIGHT FOR THE UNDERWORLD AND THE NEXUS. This affects the FUTURE OF SAPIENCE. RP means no piddling about so it's "fair" for the other side. What you want has nothing to do with RP, it's entirely metagaming.

Which is fine, just don't complain about a lack of RP when all IC conventions are 'fuck them up, get what we want, leave no quarter.'
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Asmodron As with all games, there are other tables to sit at when you have a WAAC opponent. After seeing people getting really strung up on this, I'm sitting this out just coming in to mine. The new system is interesting just it seems like it would have been interesting if there was time to plan it. Instead, we seemed to be pushed to something that feels a lot less polished than we are used to. At the end of the day, the cities involved are all merc'ing out so I think that is the detachment a lot of us are feeling.
    Greys said:
    @Asmodron As with all games, there are other tables to sit at when you have a WAAC opponent. After seeing people getting really strung up on this, I'm sitting this out just coming in to mine. The new system is interesting just it seems like it would have been interesting if there was time to plan it. Instead, we seemed to be pushed to something that feels a lot less polished than we are used to. At the end of the day, the cities involved are all merc'ing out so I think that is the detachment a lot of us are feeling.
    Putting my money on this being a public beta sort of thing.

*cough*Nish?*cough*

Then again, I've had a few too many, so I'm probably not the person to listen to.
    Huh. Neat.
    Just to make it clear, I do think that this:

Area                                     Claimed by                     

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cor Triphyn                              Gerzson

The Abhal Tornu Desert                   Gerzson

The Bolgukova Fortress                   Gerzson

The Granniftor Fortress                  Gerzson

The Modyara Obelisk                      Gerzson

The Moldova Fortress                     Gerzson

The Nemuritoaure Fortress                Gerzson

The Osterrych Citadel and Barracks       Gerzson

The Prylator Pit                         Gerzson

The sunken maze                          Gerzson

is ridiculous.

I just think the whole 'RP' argument is inherently flawed.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Just to make it clear, I do think that this:

Area                                     Claimed by                     

Cor Triphyn                              Gerzson

The Abhal Tornu Desert                   Gerzson

The Bolgukova Fortress                   Gerzson

The Granniftor Fortress                  Gerzson

The Modyara Obelisk                      Gerzson

The Moldova Fortress                     Gerzson

The Nemuritoaure Fortress                Gerzson

The Osterrych Citadel and Barracks       Gerzson

The Prylator Pit                         Gerzson

The sunken maze                          Gerzson

is ridiculous.

I just think the whole 'RP' argument is inherently flawed.
    I've been tracking the beacon numbers, and something there is definitely bugged.

• ...ehm... And mathematically impossible.

Base of 2, +3 on day 1, +5 on day 2... that's 10... but they lost territory and reclaimed it... So we're at 11 beacons stones?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Protip: Beacon stones drop on death.

Idk, honestly. Still not sure what happened, but yeah.
    Huh. Neat.
  • If my understanding of the numbers has been right, it might be that you don't lose one on a failed assault. I missed a lot of today, though (stupid irl things), so I've been a little lost.
  • edited July 2016
    (svof): qw, sorted by members and count:
      Eleusis   (18): <people>
      Cyrene    (17): <people>
      rogue     (12): <people>
      Hashan    (11): <people>
      Ashtan    (5): <people>
      Targossas (3): <people>

And people are wondering why it's one-sided.

ETA: This is not in UW, but the numbers are still pretty representative imo.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Before this gets out of hand. I issued myself about the beacons thing before I used them, and had even put in a beacon status idea so we could keep track of how many we have left without guessing. Anyone that's been here knows I have been here pretty much the entire event except for a very few hours. My memory isn't exactly the best right now and I'm still having to look at commands before I do anything... so yeah... I asked was told to count them next month and if it was off to bug it. Or one of you can go try to get them out and see how many you guys get since I was told that if I could do it then all factions should be able to do it. 

• I assumed you were given beacons by Alrena or assassinated someone for them. If you're getting them all from Gerzson, that's definitely a bug. Nicola clearly announced that the maximum was being moved to five (and you've used way more than five today, and used three yesterday, even though I know beacons don't last between days), so unless you got them from someone else, the saying "if you think it's too good to be true, it probably is" seems pretty relevant.

i'm a rebel

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I didn't count, so honestly I have no idea what we used, but it did cause me enough pause to stop until administration responded.  Deledan issued himself and my understanding is that we were all clear, per Meletus. 
  • edited July 2016
    Yesterday: 

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Abhal Tornu Desert! **
    6534h (116%), 5161m (109%), 100%w exEcdbkrh-  04:54:41.17 

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Granniftor Fortress! **
    5316h (100%), 4672m (99%), 100%w exEdbkrh-  07:37:57.80    

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Bolgukova Fortress! **
    5316h (100%), 4672m (99%), 99%w exEdbkrh-  08:56:53.21 

Today:

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Nemuritoaure Fortress! **
    6190h (100%), 4661m (90%), 100%w exEcdbkrh-  00:28:08.04   

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Prylator Pit! **
    6190h (100%), 5085m (98%), 100%w exEcdbkrh-  03:00:11.22    

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Nemuritoaure Fortress! **
    6190h (100%), 5161m (100%), 100%w exEcdbkrh-  04:02:16.18  

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against Cor Triphyn! **
    6190h (100%), 5161m (100%), 100%w exEcdbkrh-  04:27:12.60 

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the sunken maze! **
    6190h (100%), 5091m (98%), 99%w exEcdbkrh-  04:49:26.82   

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Modyara Obelisk! ** 
    6190h (100%), 5161m (100%), 89%w exEcdbkrh-  05:10:08.57  

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Prylator Pit! **
    7906h (100%), 5927m (86%), 99%w exEcdbkrh-  05:45:38.75    

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Moldova Fortress! **
    6190h (100%), 5161m (100%), 90%w exEcdbkrh-  06:23:02.69 

** Gerzson is mounting an invasion against the Bolgukova Fortress! **
    6190h (100%), 5161m (100%), 100%w exEcdbkrh-  06:36:22.21   

9 were used in a 6 hour span. The only way to legitimately have more than 5 beacons per day is to have someone else's, either freely given or taken. That's what I assumed happen. If they all came from Gerzson, though, something was very broken. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but if this was a bug, I hope this gets taken into consideration in the final tally thing.

i'm a rebel

• Deladan has been all over every little bug. and like he said we waited and asked about it before grabbing the last 2
  • First phrase that came to my mind when seeing their 7th capture attempt of the month was 'bug abuse'.

• Xaden said:
    First phrase that came to my mind when seeing their 7th capture attempt of the month was 'bug abuse'.
    that's 100% why we asked first

• This is bug abuse.

• I'm not particularly bothered by it. If anything, I just wish the cool stuff that was offered to cities wasn't tied to winning. It places a lot more importance on bugs like these and stresses people out.

i'm a rebel

• Morthif said:
    Xaden said:
    First phrase that came to my mind when seeing their 7th capture attempt of the month was 'bug abuse'.
    So you asked : 'Should we be able to get more than five'. 'Probably not, but if you can bug it' 

So you bugged it. Fine excellent.

Then took advantage of the bug: Bug abuse.

Xaden said:
    Morthif said:
    Xaden said:
    So you asked : 'Should we be able to get more than five'. 'Probably not, but if you can bug it' 

So you bugged it. Fine excellent.

Then took advantage of the bug: Bug abuse.

Except they got the go-ahead from Meletus to use the stones. And, other factions get the same number. So... not bug abuse.
    Huh. Neat.
    Literally everything Aerek said. Just... <3

Except for the Cyrenian on Cyrenian bit, which I've avoided to the best of my ability, and I'm pretty sure is still grounds for ousting, last I heard.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Tesha said:
    I'm not particularly bothered by it. If anything, I just wish the cool stuff that was offered to cities wasn't tied to winning. It places a lot more importance on bugs like these and stresses people out.
    This system has a lot of potential for the future. Who knows what they may think about tying to it in the future. 

• Deladan said:
    Tesha said:
    I'm not particularly bothered by it. If anything, I just wish the cool stuff that was offered to cities wasn't tied to winning. It places a lot more importance on bugs like these and stresses people out.
    This system has a lot of potential for the future. Who knows what they may think about tying to it in the future. 
    My thoughts exactly.

We're just the guinea pigs for a bigger system to come I think. I believe MKO has something similar? 

They should increase the difficulty of the attacks significantly, add icon-like benefits to the territories, and then let the bloodbath begin.

Make Achaea great again
  • Personally I don't think they would have put this much effort into a one time thing. 

• Ahmet said:
    Asmodron said:
    Frankly as has also been stated before, I dont see this event as fun anymore and it has degraded from what was nice underworld faction war system to "lol lets pubstomp em".

"Throw event RP out the window." You're asking people to throw RP out the window INSTEAD of doing as they should. This is a WAR. This is a FIGHT FOR THE UNDERWORLD AND THE NEXUS. This affects the FUTURE OF SAPIENCE. RP means no piddling about so it's "fair" for the other side. What you want has nothing to do with RP, it's entirely metagaming.

Which is fine, just don't complain about a lack of RP when all IC conventions are 'fuck them up, get what we want, leave no quarter.'

The fuck are you smoking...

Clearly once again people are misinformed about the story of an event and are just firing bullets randomly out of sheer fun.

This is -not- a war for rulership of the underworld nor control of the nexus. It had been stated several times now that Slith is the new king, and like it or not people have to accept that. The demigods even stated that they will be keeping an eye out for any direct attempt at the throne. This entire war is merely about gakning territory and becoming slith's second in command.

You're screaming like a Neanderthal "THIS IS A WAR!!!!", but seem to have forgotten it isnt our war nor directly concerns us. Heck 80% of the people down there are just thrre for the killing. I think maybe 2 cities did some form of bargain for their assistance, not really sure.

The future of sapience? Again...no. The underworld is its own plane much like prime is. The only way this MIGHT affect us with war is if somehow someone got their hands on soulbleed and knew somehow how to craft perfect undead (which took ugrach years to perfect) and then somehow assault sapience with the gods completely blind to this entire thing.

Dont try to preach the RP of an event if you dont even know the baseline story involved.

*drops mic*
  • IIRC Slith is pretty much a blubbering idiot right now.... so his  second in command would basically run things.