Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• Asami said:
    Hissing in mild irritation, Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord sends a fine mist of blood in your 
    direction. As it makes contact and you feel your limbs lock up he moves swiftly, slamming a fist 
    into your body with bone-shattering force.
    You have been slain by Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord.

I guess Zsarachnor didn't approve of me trying to help our alliance.

And he wasn't even that agitated! Don't piss him off for real. :(
  • Deladan said:
    also on an ooc level... I didn't want to be an ass. I took Belladonna's faction into consideration with some things I did yes... I refuse to make this event any harder on them than it already is at this point. Now does this mean I won't go after them down the line... nope. Just means I want them to have fun too and get to play with the new system. 
    Well this level of honesty is certainly refreshing considering the poor excuses that have come about on this forum from some about the situation. Also, props if that is your real motive for including them. But it's an IC decision that's made to include them, so as long as there is IC justification then I would do that thing. It's just that there was none, it came out of nowhere from Skype or whatever. But, backtracking... the honesty is refreshing, and appreciated.

Ahmet said:
    Except @Gamoneterik this is about the future of the Underworld, the power of the Soulbleed Nexus, and potentially the future of Sapience. Petty rivalries -do- get set aside for this shit, and that doesn't break established RP in any way.

Also, fun being 'always RP based' is the most bs argument for anything I think I've ever seen on the forums.

Mhaldor vs. Eleusis is not a petty rivalry in Sapience. Nor are any of the city rivalries. They are all underpin the Godly battles that are the very interplay of Chaos, Light, Darkness, Evil, Nature, Life and Death that underpinning Existence. Someone correct me if the details are blurry, but I'm pretty sure Bal'met The Worldreaver was summoned by Mhaldorians in an attempt by Appolyon/Sartan to get revenge on another city. Shallam was destroyed by that, Maya the Great Mother was destroyed by that, Lupus is dead, many other Gods (sorry die-hards, can't recall names). Doesn't sound like petty rivalries. And yes, the Gods had to stand as one to defeat Bal'met etc. but that had to develop. The Gods themselves made those decisions. It wasn't just that a player looked at the chessboard and thought, "If I move my character's entire background here, and then the opponent sacrifices their in-character oaths there, then we flip the board and start playing Halo here... I think I can win this and get a HonoursF line).

It's an RP only game, strictly enforced. That is the base of the world, so fun is always RP-based in it. I've found when stuff devolves into bitching about Cause and PK that it is not fun. That is just my own experience, so I apologise maybe I should say "For me" at the start of every statement like that so that people that have trouble with implications don't come out with sweeping attacks.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Gamoneterik said:
    Maya the Great Mother was destroyed by that, Lupus is dead
    Lol, of all the possible correct choices, you named two gods who DIDN'T die.
  • Ok. In your infinite depth of RP wisdom, what should Mhaldor have done during the event?

Keep in mind based on your posts you still have nfi what goes on in Mhaldor.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited July 2016
    No.   
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    That's some serious goddamn salt @Gamoneterik.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    That's some serious goddamn salt @Gamoneterik.
    Meh, really tired of the trite argument here that is all just turning into personal attacks on me when I point out the Really Obvious. I pour the salt on heavy over personal attacks against me.
  • Krypton said:
    Gamoneterik said:
    Maya the Great Mother was destroyed by that, Lupus is dead
    Lol, of all the possible correct choices, you named two gods who DIDN'T die.
    Lol, yep I said correct me if vague on the details :)

Human'd, and Really Fastly Asleep... close enough to dead.

Huh. Neat.
  • I think instead of thinking of this event as a fun event hosted by the admin for a week, place some gravity in the situation. The underworld and soul bleed nexus' harbour one of the most potent sources of power in the realms. Whoever wins this potential controls that power. That in itself is a huge  RP motivation that depending how you balance itagainst history of conflict with other legs may tip scales.
  • edited July 2016
    Removed for previously deleted content.
  • Tahquil said:
    I think instead of thinking of this event as a fun event hosted by the admin for a week, place some gravity in the situation. The underworld and soul bleed nexus' harbour one of the most potent sources of power in the realms. Whoever wins this potential controls that power. That in itself is a huge  RP motivation that depending how you balance itagainst history of conflict with other legs may tip scales.
    Exactly. That is the sort of fun I mean. There is no other sort (I'm just playing here until I get my next epicfix from GoT next year :/ )
  • edited July 2016
    Might wanna edit your quote @Aquil so you don't get in trouble for showing what was deleted by the mod.

Edit: Nice catch @Nicola :)
  • Wow. Just the way Gamon responded shows he doesn't have a clear head or thought out argument. I'm stealing that quote for future abuse on Jarrod. 

Also it's funny how butthurt people are. Eleusis hates Targ and raids Targ all the time, Targ gave away the CTf to prevent Mhaldor winning. In every CTF there's been alliances. Every worldwide event there's been a throw of differences to ensure one team doesn't win or another claims the throne because in their eyes it's the lesser of two evils.

It's very abundant you have no idea what's going on in Mhaldor, and it seems you can't get it through your thick skull Mhaldor has -nothing- to gain, and -nothing- to lose. We are spread out and thin and team Bella is just doing their own thing and will do what it takes to remain relevant in the event whether that be to take advantage of a restless Village while we claim territory as Hashani try to stop us. Or if we pair up with the Bastion because they too are small in numbers.

So, frankly, there was a great deal of roleplaying going on. You just didn't see it nor will you care to, Kythra was being an instigator to Bleak and Landon during this whole thing, toeing the line and I had expected to be killed on the spot and ruin everything for Team Bella today. 

So kindly go punch a wall with that kind of potty mouth. Because quite frankly I'm drowning in roleplay daily. :)
  • It's okay Kythra. Dunn/Mizik/me went 70 kills to 0 vs Hashan's UW squad of 10-13.

Mhashtan for life.

@Cooper Ahem

Huh. Neat.
  • That was like 45 minutes afterwards when we were fighting Eleusis and Hashan.

• Mustering your resolve, you stride into the battlefield.
    A blasted battlefield.
    The sky darkens with the onset of night.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.
    8922[100%]h, 9033[100%]m, 99%e, 100%w Shirszae 67.6% |EE 
    Durzaan, Inkarnette, and Jinsun arrives, following Jhui from the west.
    8922[100%]h, 9033[100%]m, 100%e, 99%w Shirszae 67.6% |EE 

fuck me
    Morthif said:
    Mustering your resolve, you stride into the battlefield.
    A blasted battlefield.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.

fuck me
    @Morthif

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/fa352978

I got the first taste. Was salty-sweet.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:

"(WRN: NOT PHASED)"

I laughed.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Ahmet said:

"(WRN: NOT PHASED)"

I laughed.
    I should have listened >.>
    Huh. Neat.
  • Morthif said:
    Mustering your resolve, you stride into the battlefield.
    A blasted battlefield.

fuck me
    Preeeeetty sure that was the plan. Just not in a fun way.
  • All monk faction whose only moves are deliverance and radiance -- you're not allowed to use anything else.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Well... I was close to leveling.... 

I still dont understand what the heck is going on...

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Tesha said:
    I think Farrah said it best when she suggested viewing it less as a competition and more like a fun event. Ever since I switched my perspective about it I've felt a lot less stressed and irritable about the little things and have just enjoyed it more. It's a game, don't let yourself get too worked up about it. Just enjoy it while you can, you'll miss the action when it's gone.
    well... then I would just sit and watch as other people touch portal. Because the 8 seconds after I do leads to my immediate death. I don't want to be negative. I want to have fun in an event I just ... I dunno what to do :(

• Area                                     Claimed by                     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cor Triphyn                              Gerzson
    The Abhal Tornu Desert                   Gerzson
    The Bolgukova Fortress                   Asztrik
    The Granniftor Fortress                  Gerzson
    The Modyara Obelisk                      Gerzson
    The Moldova Fortress                     Asztrik
    The Nemuritoaure Fortress                Gerzson
    The Osterrych Citadel and Barracks       Gerzson
    The Prylator Pit                         Gerzson
    The sunken maze                          Gerzson

man the revenge is going to hurt
  • Morthif said:
    Area                                     Claimed by                     
    Cor Triphyn                              Gerzson
    The Abhal Tornu Desert                   Gerzson
    The Bolgukova Fortress                   Asztrik
    The Granniftor Fortress                  Gerzson
    The Modyara Obelisk                      Gerzson
    The Moldova Fortress                     Asztrik
    The Nemuritoaure Fortress                Gerzson
    The Osterrych Citadel and Barracks       Gerzson
    The Prylator Pit                         Gerzson
    The sunken maze                          Gerzson

man the revenge is going to hurt
    Just have to wait until the auto-snipe squad sleeps!

• Cooper said:
    It's okay Kythra. Dunn/Mizik/me went 70 kills to 0 vs Hashan's UW squad of 10-13.

Mhashtan for life.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/852f064c

What HAPPENED out there? Yo, lunge dominates this blind dir spam warfare.