Undead Rebellion/War

Discussions, Logs, Happenings, Concerns, Updates of the undead rebellion can go here. Will make it easier to keep other players up to date with what's going on, as well as sharing lovely little mini-events for others.

Comments

• I found the adorned flags with the symbol of each faction to be quite lovely. These are them.

Belladona:
    A sanguine droplet proudly adorns both sides of this silken flag. Hued a regal silver, it spans just
    over three feet in length and flutters idly whenever a breeze sweeps past this claimed territory.

Zsarachnor:
    An ominous bone sarcophagus adorns both sides of this spider-silk flag. Hued a formal black, it
    spans just over three feet in length and flutters idly whenever a breeze sweeps past this claimed
    territory.

Tizane & Zigane:
    The symbol of a bubbling flask proudly adorns both sides of this grotesque skin-formed flag. Hued
    with hints of emerald, it spans just over three feet in length and flutters idly whenever a breeze
    sweeps past this claimed territory.

Asztrik & Prioska:
    Tiny lightning motifs form the unique patterning of this velvet flag. Hued a striking cobalt blue,
    it spans just over three feet in length and flutters idly whenever a breeze sweeps past this claimed
    territory.

Gerzson & Kemnast:
    A pair of crossed swords proudly adorns both sides of this satin flag. Hued a dark and intense
    purple, it spans just over three feet in length and flutters idly whenever a breeze sweeps past this
    claimed territory.

• Is there a post somewhere that explains exactly what these "factions" want to achieve when they win, and what reward they are offering to those who pledge to them? Right now they are just names to me. I can find no information anywhere to base a choice on.
  • Anaria said:
    Is there a post somewhere that explains exactly what these "factions" want to achieve when they win, and what reward they are offering to those who pledge to them? Right now they are just names to me. I can find no information anywhere to base a choice on.
    Based on what Eleusians were told, rewards are only for full cities that pledged (per the agreement that the city in question makes), not rogues/unpledged cities who sign on.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarathai said:
    Anaria said:
    Is there a post somewhere that explains exactly what these "factions" want to achieve when they win, and what reward they are offering to those who pledge to them? Right now they are just names to me. I can find no information anywhere to base a choice on.
    Based on what Eleusians were told, rewards are only for full cities that pledged (per the agreement that the city in question makes), not rogues/unpledged cities who sign on.
    There seems to be a reputation system in place. Will likely lead to personal rewards. I'm assuming the 'rewards' mentioned in the letters were going to be more geared towards the organization as a whole.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Anaria said:

It's a bit confusing right now.

Some of the servants in the Sangre plains will explain a bit more in-depth about each candidate and their reasons for seeking rule. You can also contact the leader of any of the cities, as they received letters from each party with a request for alliance. Some of the leaders also had meetings with some of the servants of the candidates, and you can attempt to bug them (enmasse :P ) if you seek to understand more.

So basically, your solution is a lot of communication with high game officials.
  • I'd sincerely like to participate in this event, or at least have it's outcome mean something to my character. 

Right now, what I'm hearing both on the forums and in-game, is that the only people who really know what is going on are city leaders who seem extremely reluctant to be forth coming with the vital storyline information. If this event is not really intended for Rogues that is perfectly fair, but nobody I have spoken to in the cities has any idea who the faction they are allied with really is or what they are about.

Why would my character pledge to participate in a revolution in an underworld she'll never visit, fighting for people she doesn't know, who have who-knows-what-agenda, when no reward is being offered? I need SOMETHING to work with here.
  • Well, I had zero idea this was even a thing. The lack of information has been startling.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited July 2016
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4589                                     (07/17/2016 at 02:26)  
    From   : Nicola
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: The Underworld Rebellion And You
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As tensions heighten in the Underworld following the ascension of Slith as their new King, five factions have emerged, seeking supporters who will aid them in their victory over the rest.

If you seek to participate in the rebellion, you can choose to join any of the five factions, Lady Belladona, Lord Zsarachnor, Ur'Vampire Gerzson and Death Knight Lord Kemnast, Ur'Vampires Asztrik and Prioska, or Ur'Vampires Tizane and Zigana, by greeting their recruiter camped upon the Sangre Plains.

Take note that if your city has pledged yourself to a faction, you will not be able to join another. However, if you do not belong to a city or if you reside within an unpledged city, you will be able to join all factions, with a single chance to switch your affiliations.

The faction recruitment exercise will last until Monday, 18th of July 2016, (4PM GMT/12PM EST).

Penned by My hand on the 20th of Daedalan, in the year 718 AF.
    I heard there was a short event that announced the underworld rebellion and the factions involved. There was some kind of explanation about the situation but there's hardly any logs to read about it. There's no events post about it yet, but there's this announcement post.

If I am hearing right, if you want to find out more about the goals of each faction, especially if you are rogue or in an unpledged city, you can greet each faction's recruiter and they will give you a spiel about what their faction stands for, before you choose to join them.

Apparently, you can talk to any visible Demigod too.

• Sobriquet said:
    Well, I had zero idea this was even a thing. The lack of information has been startling.
    Sadly, when I tried to bring this very notion up at the crossroads in Hashan, with myself asking for a little transparency with what is going on and the 'why' of deciding a certain faction, I was told the leaders are elected to handle this and it need not be brought to the attention of the citizens, that I should accept the little 1 liners on Citylog as enough, and that I should frankly be awake more and it isnt their fault if I wasnt awake when one of the candidates visited the city (because apparently we have no RL obligations or anything...not to mention was no date even stated of said meeting). This was all basically when I inquired if a simple post to the city bringing this to the attention of the citizens could be done. I was accused of being dramatic and apparently 'causing a tantrum', and hinted if I dont like it I can go to another city... At that point I realized there was no getting through and went out to try and find details myself. I asked around quite a bit, met some denizens, spoke to some demigods, just to get details of what the heck is up because players didnt feel like sharing.
  • I don't really care about rewards as a rogue, as long as I get a bunch of sweet, sweet text xp killing a bunch of stuff I'm good. 

• In Eleusis it was really a group decision. Everybody that wanted to join the discussion was invited to a party and in the end we agreed on making a pact with Kemnast and his Death Knights. 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited July 2016
    Public posts from the vampires would have been nice yeah. Or even a single events post to get everyone on the same page.

Five undead factions. All with different goals and agendas. Who knows? Who cares? Slowly, surely, reasons why we should care have appeared (tailored to each city) and are convincing the various cities to involve themselves.

Up to now it's been all word of mouth, rumor, or what's been posted to city newsboards as far as what they are offering.

Targ's leaders have been pretty forthcoming with Targ on what we are doing and why, but it's pretty touch and go as far as the event goes. Obviously it wasn't a group vote. Deucora made their decision for very specific reasons and now we're all just gearing up to see what happens.

An events post is hopefully incoming soon.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited July 2016
    It was really cool of them to send down the demigods to answer questions--that really helped--but I agree that for an event this massive, information on what's actually going on has been very sparse and hard to come by. In my case, I had no idea anything was happening until the Senate posted to the city news, but it felt like less than 24 hours later that Cyrene was disqualified for not making a decision quick enough. I don't know if the Senate sat on it longer than the other cities did, or if we were just really expected to make a decision immediately.

Due to work, I didn't even get a chance to voice an opinion on the matter, and now I'm confined to participating as a rogue. And I almost missed that opportunity as well, since apparently faction enlistment ends in on the 1st of Miraman and I'll be at work then. If it weren't for the demigods visiting at 6am my time, and us having the moment of clarity to specifically ask if there WAS a deadline on enlisting, I would have had no idea. It's all felt very rushed and mysterious so far.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Cyrenian bureaucracy strikes again! rip

That sucks. :(

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited July 2016
    Cyrene wasn't disqualified for slowness... the city already voted not to side with anyone, before any of the factions had made a city alliance. If we HAD voted to choose a side, then the question is would Cyrene have moved fast enough to get our first-choice faction.

Anyway, here's everyone's spiel:
    Asztrik & Prioska
    [spoiler]A skeletal minion says, "They are the lieutenants of Lord Ugrach who have proven
    adept in strategic bargaining and underhanded dealings. There are situations
    where brute force will never solve problems, and technology will only alleviate
    them."

A skeletal minion says, "What is always safe to rely on is the power of
    connections and manipulation, and these areas are indeed their strengths. What
    strength you do not own, loan it from another; utilise their strengths for your
    own aims and if it be weaknesses others reveal, seize the opportunity to use it
    as leverage."

A skeletal minion says, "Lord Asztrik and Lady Prioska both intend to come out
    of this with a productive deal sealed with the new Lord of the Undead, Slith.
    Will you join this conclave and be on the inevitable winners' side?"
    [/spoiler]
    Belladona
    [spoiler]Malorea, Handmaiden of Belladona says, "I represent Lady Belladona, who has
    reason to stick her hand into this Underworld business. She believes that the
    way to end the rebellion is to rally the Ur'Vampires to her side and claim a
    position close to Slith."

Malorea, Handmaiden of Belladona says, "She believes that claiming a spot of
    importance beside Slith will allow the Ur'Vampires to use her as a medium of
    their influence. Of course, that'll kill two crows with one stone, so the common
    phrase goes."

Malorea, Handmaiden of Belladona says, "By being important to Slith and having
    Ur'Vampires as her allies, the rebellion will be quelled. In her new position of
    authority, Lady Belladona will get her revenge upon the insufferable,
    overbearing, sexist-."

Malorea, Handmaiden of Belladona says, "- ahem. Lord Zsarachnor. So, what say
    you?"
    [/spoiler]
    Gerzson & Kemnast
    [spoiler]A steel-encased Death Knight says, "Lord Gerzson has served King Ugrach as one
    of his faithful lieutenants, building his fortress next to the root that allows
    passage from the Underworld, while the reputation of Death Knight Lord Kemnast
    and his legion precedes him."

A steel-encased Death Knight says, "As loyalists to the Underworld, they cannot
    forgive the actions of Lord Slith that has caused King Ugrach to vacate his
    throne in a bid to make amends to the Divine Pantheon. Yet, he is still the son
    to King Ugrach."

A steel-encased Death Knight says, "Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord assumes that he
    will be the advisor to Slith, the new ruler of the Underworld but he is a mere
    outsider, disconnected from the practices of this land."

A steel-encased Death Knight says, "It is the unmistakeable responsibility of
    Ur'Vampire Gerzson, backed by Death Knight Lord Kemnast, to replace Zsarachnor
    as advisor. Will you pledge your support to our mission?"
    [/spoiler]
    Tizane & Zigana
    [spoiler]Missing it right now. Something about supporting Slith through alchemical research and science.[/spoiler]
    Zsarachnor
    [spoiler]An enthralled human says, "I am ordered to explain the goals that those of his
    camp will work towards. Lord Zsarachnor served as a previous advisor to Slith,
    Lord of the Undead Legions, and so it is only natural that the master would
    heavily support the new Underworld ruler in a bid to quell the uprising."

An enthralled human says, "Lord Slith's rulership is mandated by the Gods, and
    none should dare go against such a divine decree. If excessive force is
    necessary to ensure the change of command goes smoothly, then Lord Zsarachnor
    will do so with extreme prejudice."

An enthralled human says, "The master is also aware that Lady Belladona has
    decided to stick her hand in this business that does not concern her. This is a
    problem and she must be handled as well, before her propensity for troublemaking
    worsens the situation."

An enthralled human says, "Lord Zsarachnor has never failed Lord Slith. Are you
    pledging your support to him? Greatness awaits."
    [/spoiler]
  • Would one of you please kindly explain who these people are? Aside from the big Z and belladona, I know like nothing about the other dudes - The wiki pages only tell me that they are Ur'Vampires.  Anything would help, history, personality.... anything.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Even the recruitment pitches don't really tell all that much. Fortunately it seems they are paying attention to the recruiters so you can try and chat them for something with a little more feeling to base your choice on. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I found this page and learn these things: 

Prioska's a chick who lives in a room at the end of a hallway.  She's with the Asztrik dude who likes growing plants. They seem like ok people.

Kenmast is the captain of the death knights who are kind of like the army of the underworld.  He's with Gerzson who lives in a spiral.  These two could be like anyone... ever. 

Tizane and Ziganna seem like the undead sorceress/researcher types.  I imagine a lot of cackling in my head for some reason.  

Belladonna is super hot and apparently slutty.  She has a cool history with Ashtan and Occultists and then turned into a vampire and then allied with Twilight and killed a bunch of occultists. 

Big Z has a really long name and is like the dracula of achaea. 

Still don't know anything about them though other than that. :(

I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Though the way things went in Cyrene frustrated me, definitely, it wasn't all on the players by any means. The letters gave very little information to distinguish the factions, and seemed to suggest that one should only respond if they were interested in supporting them, which reasonably gave some people pause when they weren't sure about much of anything. There was a referendum that went up for about a day asking if we wanted to get involved at all, because the lack of information had lead to both misunderstandings and skepticism, and then, when it concluded, a letter was sent, and we were apparently too late by then and another city had already pledged support.

So in other words, Cyrene was too slow because it actually tried to leave room for public debate. The alternative to that seems like it's frustrated people in Hashan, where the city leadership simply decided, and obviously divine decree wasn't going to fly. Eleusis seems to have found a good middle ground, where they quickly called for emissaries and had everyone who was around at that time talk it over, so there were clearly better ways to do it, but no, I don't think this was really a case of Cyrene being sluggish, especially with the very limited information about the factions, the war, what support would entail, and above all what the timeframe actually was for pledging support (since it wasn't even clear if more then one city could support a given faction).

Honestly though, being a rogue's kinda neat in all this, at least so far. It's nice not to feel like I was bound to a faction based on fast decisions made under very little information, and to have a bit more time to try and understand the various factions, their dynamics, and what cities are supporting them for.
    Targ's faction was literally just pushed on them -- no player deliberation whatsoever. That said, not much argument could have been made on why they should be working with any undead at all.
    edited July 2016
    Tizane & Zigana
    [spoiler]
    A petite revenant says, "You are to understand how crucial the focus upon research and technology is to the Ur'Vampire ladies, Tizane and Zigana. It becomes easy to convince all parties in the rebellion, Lord Slith included, of our extreme importance if one wields the possibility of power enhancement through science and alchemy."

A petite revenant says, "So many strive to achieve relevance and strength through physical means and accomplishments. Many neglect the cerebral pursuits because it lacks excitement and blood-pumping action. They underestimate its value."

A petite revenant says, "And so all will be made to understand that our research facilities hold the capability to shape the future of the Underworld with Lord Slith as its ruler."

A petite revenant says, "The way forward is through the Ur'vampires Tizane and Zigana. Will you join the cabal?"
    [/spoiler]
  • Halos said:

Here's to Reckoning #2 (3?)
    don't you even, I'm still mad about that. @Makarios said to trust him about the rewards. >: (

i'm a rebel

• edited July 2016
    Btw @Krypton

Thanks for posting all of those!  I summarized them below.  I don't understand why they are all fighting to be Slith's advisor... like... doesn't Slith get any say in it?  Is he just like a rock now?

Asztrik&Prioska: Good at communicating, bargaining, being underhanded. Want Power and to chill with Slith. 

Belladona: Wants to publicly stomp on the Big Z and power by chilling with Slith. 

Gerzson &Kemnast: They're like f you overworld vampires, you don't know what's going on here! They also hate Slith but still want to be his advisor? That makes no sense. 

Tizane & Zigana: They just wanna research stuff and get power.  Because they couldn't get proper funding, they thought that waging war would be a good alternative instead.

Zsarachnor: want things to stay as it is but damn it! all the other vampires are ruining it for him.  Also, hates Belladona.

I'm kind of just hoping for an achaea-wide KoTH game or something. That sounds like soooo much fun.
    edited July 2016
    Long story short, the five Ur'Vampires AGPT+Ziggy were the previous ruler Ugrach's chief lieutenants (and Kemnast his head guard). Even if they don't see eye-to-eye with "Underworld defector" Slith, Ugrach's son, they don't want to abdicate their position & power in the Underworld even if Slith is taking the throne.

Z is Slith's lieutenant from defecting way back during the War of Humanity.

Belladona is just a power-hungry bitch. B-I-C-T-H.
  • edited July 2016
    Why can't Slith just be like... I like big Z as my advisor. All the rest of you, be ok with it or die?

I guess, I just don't understand why you have to fight a war to be closer to "Slith".  Unless Slith was totally incapacitated, then the position of advisor could be fought over, but otherwise, shouldn't the king choose his own advisor?  Did the previous event really leave Slith THAT weak, that he can't even speak/have opinions about things?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Averi said:
    Why can't Slith just be like... I like big Z as my advisor. All the rest of you, be ok with it or die?
    Because Z is a murderer and a rapist, and should be burned at the stake.

#forumRP
    Huh. Neat.
    Because then there would be no event lol

IC reason TBD.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited July 2016
    Averi said:

I guess, I just don't understand why you have to fight a war to be closer to "Slith".  Unless Slith was totally incapacitated, then the position of advisor could be fought over, but otherwise, shouldn't the king choose his own advisor?  Did the previous event really leave Slith THAT weak, that he can't even speak/have opinions about things?

Isn't Slith incapacitated though? The Garden basically made him a vegetable and set him up as a puppet ruler, I thought.

They -are- fighting over who gets to be the power behind the throne.