Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• He's referring to the soul-realms / thoth's halls, I think.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Anaria said:
    Ahmet said:

Except the power in the Underworld has nothing to do with who is handling Death, except in the sense that Ugrach is no longer watching over the Nexus.

They're two completely separate issues.
    In that case I'm even more baffled as to why the Gods or the mortals should care in the slightest about how this turf war between undead gangs in pseudo-Hell should play out??? I mean what exactly are the stakes here?

Granted I don't know what the Nexus is, since nowhere in any of this have I heard it mentioned by anyone including the Gods.
    Lrn2lore, hoe

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Anaria said:
    In that case I'm even more baffled as to why the Gods or the mortals should care in the slightest about how this turf war between undead gangs in pseudo-Hell should play out??? I mean what exactly are the stakes here?
    Krypton said:
    As a character, I chose the faction I believe, if they win, spells the least doom for the world of the living.
  • I'm not going to get into it with you, @Anaria, but... Targossas has a reason for teaming up with Zsarachnor. Just because -you- can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

I'm not uber drawn in where the event's concerned, but people -are- trying (including on the Admin side). I think it makes for an interesting little point to break up the humdrum of everyday Achaean life, personally, having to sort out these weird little issues.

And er... there are lots of books that mention the Nexus and all the stuff that's happened in UW in the past. It'd be a long-ass announce post if they wrote up EVERYTHING that ever happened in UW so you could be caught up on this.

This reminds me a lot of the Magisterion-vs-Ugrach-vs-Apollonia event, and it was a ton of fun even though a lot of people were similarly lost at the time. I think it's neat, not knowing all the details before the thing's done :D
  • PK EVERYTHING.
  • Armali said:
    PK EVERYTHING.
    Would be great if there was an honours line indicating you were pledged to whatever faction and it was an indicator that you were open PK til the war ended!

• Anedhel said:
    I'm not going to get into it with you, @Anaria, but... Targossas has a reason for teaming up with Zsarachnor. Just because -you- can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.
    I really don't doubt that you guys have your reasons. I think we just have very different notions of how a paladin should be played.

Back in ye old days of DnD table, if the evil father of all vampires held something of vital import to the cause of Good, it would be reason to embark on an epic quest to put a holy avenger through the fiends black heart and recover said bauble. My dungeon master would have had a coronary had the paladins of the party bent their knee and pledged service to the Big Bad in return for said macguffin. Compromising with evil and aiding in their cause is to my mind the very antithesis of what it means to be sacred heroes. Particularly when said villain is a totally untrustworthy, dishonorable monster, fighting a turf war for control of the realm of evil.

Just my opinion.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Anaria said:
    Anedhel said:
    I'm not going to get into it with you, @Anaria, but... Targossas has a reason for teaming up with Zsarachnor. Just because -you- can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.
    I really don't doubt that you guys have your reasons. I think we just have very different notions of how a paladin should be played.

Back in ye old days of DnD table, if the evil father of all vampires held something of vital import to the cause of Good, it would be reason to embark on an epic quest to put a holy avenger through the fiends black heart and recover said bauble. My dungeon master would have had a coronary had the paladins of the party bent their knee and pledged service to the Big Bad in return for said macguffin. Compromising with evil and aiding in their cause is to my mind the very antithesis of what it means to be sacred heroes. Particularly when said villain is a totally untrustworthy, dishonorable monster, fighting a turf war for control of the realm of evil.

Just my opinion.
    Except it's not a realm of evil, and it's not as simple as killing them all. The power still exists. The undead will continue to coalesce. The Nexus will remain there, for the taking of whichever ugly raises its head next.
    Huh. Neat.
  • In before faction that wins betrays alliance and tries to overthrow slith, resulting in no rewards aand the unifying of cities with a new faction to set shit right
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Asmodron said:
    In before faction that wins betrays alliance and tries to overthrow slith, resulting in no rewards aand the unifying of cities with a new faction to set shit right
    Dominar's gonna rek 'em all like Krypton said.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Anaria said:
    Anedhel said:

Just my opinion.
    I get what you mean, but judging a game by another game's standard seems like a quick way to make yourself feel negatively about it! Achaea's rarely ever been so black-and-white as dungeons and dragons (thank goodness).
  • edited July 2016
    Targossas = White Mhaldor

... kinda sounds racist, but I swear it's not meant that way

• A few misconceptions going around regarding Hashan and the decision we made in here.

I've honestly heard from exactly one person any form of complaint. I'd explain more, but I've got to work for money.

(No, not that kind of work)
  • Sorry I don't buy it. The "ends justify the means" only plays if there are no other options available and the alternative is worse. I'm having a really hard time seeing how it matters which Big Bad wins, or why a holy crusade can't be called to kick its ass and take names.

That being said... I really do sympathize as a player with Targossas where the Bloodsworn are concerned. I understand that when they tell you guys to do something, you have to do it, and that their interpenetration of good trumps yours. That has got to be a rough situation to be in RP wise, particularly in a case like this.

It still has to be said though, that Mhaldor held to their mandate perfectly and was only willing to aid the side that pledged fealty to their God and their (un)holy cause. Props.
  • Anaria said:
    * Each faction is evil and wants to rule. They are all horrible undead monsters. They all want to eat your brain, drink your blood, and destroy the world. They are all equally bad.
    Not if your arrangement literally includes a clause that they are not allowed to destroy the world, but I suppose that's up to the city.

In some sense, though, a bit of stretching is needed. Admin have worked hard on this, and I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    * City leaders were sent secret communications that explained the situation and offered some kind of reward (bribe) for the cities participation that would really only benefit those leaders, or would be of token benefit to the city. The expectation was that these leaders would rally their cities, but what actually seems to have happened is that they shared nothing and made all the decisions behind the scenes because they are self important gits.
    There was no reward offered in the communications, those had to be negotiated as part of the agreement when allying. Mostly Eleusis decided invitations among leadership, but anybody logged in at the time of the meetings was welcome to attend (and comment in a party chat).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• So in the there's-no-good-endings scenario, the most righteous one, to your way of seeing it, is to sit it out and let 'em duke it out themselves? Not to try to make lemonades out of lemons?

Man, your good guy characters must be uber obnoxious :D
  • The latter part of Sarathai's post is pretty much what we in Hashan tried to do.

Heaven forbid one or two people can't make it.
  • I got to make important decisions off of no sleep at all. It was awesome. 

• Anedhel said:
    So in the there's-no-good-endings scenario, the most righteous one, to your way of seeing it, is to sit it out and let 'em duke it out themselves? Not to try to make lemonades out of lemons?

Man, your good guy characters must be uber obnoxious :D
    Absolutely. Let them duke it out while you go get whatever it is you need while they are duking it out.

If you are really thirsty and Lord Sartan is running the only lemonade stand on the corner, are you going to give him your ten cents????
  • But are they actually "evil"?
  • edited July 2016
    @Anaria- It's more like 'If Sartan is running the only lemonade stand and some other guy you really don't like is perishing of thirst, will you buy the last glass so he'll die of dehydration?' Yes. Definitely yes.
  • Rhivona, Toxotes of Woe's voice reverberates strongly, "By the will of the Lord Aegis, the period
    for recruitment will be extended until the tenth of Miraman. I will be to the west of the
    encampments on the Sangre, should you have questions."
    3-4AM, guess I'll be sleeping.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• That's just when recruitment closes. The war itself is apparently going to last roughly a year so there'll be plenty of time to get involved.
  • Just gotta hope that they balance the events so that they hit lots of different time-zones.

Or that there's a way to contribute outside of actual big hosted events.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Aegis:

*wants rebellion resolved quickly*

*declares we will spend one year to choose victor*
  • Krypton said:
    Aegis:

*wants rebellion resolved quickly*

*declares we will spend one year to choose victor*
    He's a god, an immortal, one year is nothing to him.