Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• edited July 2016
    It was fun, all told.

For future events using the same system, I'd definitely suggest evening out Phase 1-2 equivalents and making sure there's transparency in scoring. As it was, Ashtan's first couple of stages were incredibly buggy, and Hashan's were laughably easy. Props to Ashtan for working their way all the way from last place to second place despite that disadvantage.

Overall mostly minor/moderate comments in the grand scheme of things - as said, it was fun. I've even seen some deathsights from people who don't PvP at all during this event.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    It was fun, all told.

For future events using the same system, I'd definitely suggest evening out Phase 1-2 equivalents and making sure there's transparency in scoring. As it was, Ashtan's first couple of stages were incredibly buggy, and Hashan's were laughably easy. Props to Ashtan for working their way all the way from last place to second place despite that disadvantage.

Overall mostly minor/moderate comments in the grand scheme of things - as said, it was fun. I've even seen some deathsights from people who don't PvP at all during this event.
    Ours were laughably easy? :O 
  • edited July 2016
    Aesgar said:
    Sarathai said:
    It was fun, all told.

Ours were laughably easy? :O 
    "Bring two of the following corpses to the minion: Jeramun, magnificent lightning eagle, fearsome Kraken in riparium, umbral behemoth. In addition, bring 20 fire wyrms, 20 vultures, 10 seamonster trophies of any kind, 20 hill giants."

Yes. No real hard feelings, though. :)
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• A bit late to the party because I couldn't be here for the last few battles. But so proud of Hashan!

We were off to a horrible start in the final stage, but we battled back against our own stupidity and various bugs - such perseverance! 

Shout out to @Regi, @Armali, @Karren, @Eguzki, @Shirszae , @Aylek, and @Krizal, ya'll killed it (As did many other Hashani at various points). 
  • I really wish Z would have won because what Targ was promised was... really, really relevant to our faction RP.
    But, Hashan winning is cool, like very cool.
    Congrats :)

• So glad this drama is over.........
  • Really enjoyed the massive amounts of melee.

Didn't enjoy how heavily dependent on winning numbers were (but I assume that's always the case with these things)

Overall, enjoyed most of it. Though I think by the end, after getting far too little sleep between thursday and sunday, I wanted absolutely everyone to die in a fire. 

Would definitely do it again.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Sarathai said:
    It was fun, all told.

Bugs aside, balancing the different requirements would be quite tricky I think. I actually appreciated that each faction basically had different things to accomplish because that way you could choose to expend manpower to hinder the other factions without simultaneously advancing your own requirements. That's always been a problem with other events where the faction with the biggest combat ability would just go around strong-arming required items from other factions. 

• It's not hard to balance at all, though. Targ's requirements required obtaining items that spawned at X rate per hour (in an area that you have to raise and keeps sinking, no less).  No reason all of the other factions couldn't have required different items obtainable at the exact same rate.

When you need 300 of something and can only get ~20 per hour at best it kind of sucks to see another faction with an hour or two worth of requirements.
  • Just for clarity's sake and so we dont throw around accusations of easy requirements, can each faction post what their requirements for step 1 was? Because frankly i really doubt the admin wouldnt have balanced each side without a hard task to accomplish
  • Don't have the exact text, but Targossas had to gather 300 mummified hearts. Each heart also had to be taken to the vampiress, then used to gather a slave. 
  • Gather 150 baneberries (spawn rate 6-8 per hour. Competing with Belladonna)

Gather 100 sprigs of nightshade (nfi of the spawn rate)

Gather 300 mummified hearts from Kasmarkin bring them to the vampiress and then to a slave(were spawning on average just over 20 ph. Again competing with Belladonna)

That was Targs. So it was easy, but time locked.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Xaden said:
    Gather 150 baneberries (spawn rate 6-8 per hour. Competing with Belladonna)

Gather 300 mummified hearts from Kasmarkin bring them to the vampiress and then to a slave(were spawning on average just over 20 ph. Again competing with Belladonna)

We had people literally sitting in 15 or so locations just waiting for the spawns (for random weapons) to pop. One was up in Tenwat, people literally just sitting there waiting for them to appear. Ours were fully time locked as well. Either the spawns or requests were random (or both), so we'd rack up like 4-5 of one thing, then it'd ask for something we didn't have 3 times in a row.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Xaden said:
    Gather 150 baneberries (spawn rate 6-8 per hour. Competing with Belladonna)

We had people literally sitting in 15 or so locations just waiting for the spawns (for random weapons) to pop. One was up in Tenwat, people literally just sitting there waiting for them to appear. Ours were fully time locked as well. Either the spawns or requests were random (or both), so we'd rack up like 4-5 of one thing, then it'd ask for something we didn't have 3 times in a row.
    I have literally no idea what faction you were with, guessing eleusis cos I have vague ideas of everyone else's requirements.

That sounds like a massive pain in the bollocks though.

edited July 2016
    Team Gerzson/Kemnast required:

Distribution of pamphlets to denizens in Tir Murann, Moghedu and Rapo'kir. This feature was considerably bugged for several hours from the start. I think they fixed it by the time I gave up and went to bed, but even the failure/success messages were kinda nonsensical like "You realise a military pamphlet is not the correct target, and quickly retrieve it." and "A military pamphlet receives a horkval guard cautiously from you and glances briefly at its contents before nodding warily."

They also wanted longbow/warhammer/leather armour/chainmail/sabres that spawned in various 'armoury' rooms. Except they only wanted X item when they asked for X item, so you couldn't just give them anything that spawned. If for a solid hour nothing you wanted appeared, you just had to sit another hour and wait for it to spawn. This was also horribly bugged at the start when he refused to accept the item he himself asked for. It was like "I DON'T WANT THIS LONGBOW. BRING ME A LONGBOW." and other weird things. 

I don't know if they added a way to check for a discernable quantity/target quota later on, but at the time when I was still talking to the deathknight he was just asking for the item, not "You have X items to go". 

• edited July 2016
    Xaden said:
    That sounds like a massive pain in the bollocks though.
    Eventually we had to set up a bunch of wormholes and people literally looped them for hours to check when things spawned.

For the record, for all my bitching and moaning on PT about having to sit around for hours. I was still having fun because I got to hang with a lot of people. Well, fun up until the part where other people started getting butthurt about not having fun and taking it out on other players. 

• Im currently at work and unable to get my hands on the hashani requirements i copied down, but a general run down is:

Gather seamonster trophies 20

Gather fire wyrm corpses (only wyrm. Not ancient wyrm. Not pregnant wyrm. Not wyrmling) roughly 5 to 7 of these were around at a time. 30

Gather vultures. 30

Gather something else that escapes my mind..

Deliver letters to certain locations. Both on and off continent. Also a waiting process.

Get only 2 corpses of this selection: jeramun. Riparium kraken (was dead). Lightning eagle. Umbral behemoth (was dead). Something else i cant recall.

• We intentionally spread the rumors that you don't get points for defending successfully. Looks like it worked.
  • I think it had more to do with Hashan definitely having lost their points from defense, and their general purportedly being told by their demigod that defense didn't count (dunno if that last part is a rumor, but them losing their points from defense definitely wasn't). I know at least one person sent an issue about it pretty much as soon as it happened, but didn't hear back until the event ended.

Honestly, I'm pretty damned glad Ashtan didn't win because of them. Their strategy at the end was clever, admittedly, but one team outright giving another team points like that is pretty bullshit. I really hope that if we have events like this in the future that tactic is somehow prevented.
  • Keorin said:
    I think it had more to do with Hashan definitely having lost their points from defense, and their general purportedly being told by their demigod that defense didn't count (dunno if that last part is a rumor, but them losing their points from defense definitely wasn't). I know at least one person sent an issue about it pretty much as soon as it happened, but didn't hear back until the event ended.

Honestly, I'm pretty damned glad Ashtan didn't win because of them. Their strategy at the end was clever, admittedly, but one team outright giving another team points like that is pretty bullshit. I really hope that if we have events like this in the future that tactic is somehow prevented.
    Who gave who points?
  • I mean, yeah, Belladonna gave Ashtan points. But -Hashan- gave Ashtan points too. I wish Ashtan had won just because Hashan teaming with them and helping them get points when they had no clue phase 1 and 2 would make them win anyway was the stupidest tactical decision ever, and made some battles three cities vs one (which wasn't particularly interesting or fun). Was bummed when they still won after the massive mistake let Ashtan win phase 3.
  • edited July 2016
    I was pretty busy with work during the event but I did log in occasionally to see the state of things and watch deathsights. The whole world burning thing seems pretty shitty and unsportsmanlike, but gotta do what you gotta do to try and win I guess.

Props to Hashan for being the new world super power. Times are changing.
  • Mycen was the prime suspect in that burning. I will hold a grudge for awhile. 

• Aylek said:
    Who gave who points?
    In the last several hours of the event, Belladonna's faction mounted several assaults on Ashtan, in which they didn't even try to compete (their general was just standing in the room with Ashtani during the planting/battleground part), and then at the end they worked together against Eleusis' forces to get a final point to Ashtan. This became the source of how Ashtan claimed second.

It could have been stopped, particularly if a few factions worked together to take Ashtan's remaining territory, but that was hard with the bad information about defense points floating around, and I know personally I'd thought better of people then to actually do that sort of thing.
  • Props to the admin for having the patience to deal with the whining from players in every faction (myself included). Bugs and inconsistencies aside, you guys were on the ball with response time.

Props to all Hashani and all our allies who never gave up cause I almost did several times and you guys pulled me back in.

Overall the event was great and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. Pls don't make me PK again for like another week though I've had more than enough.
  • Ah right, makes more sense now @keorin.

I'm no surprised our player-base did that in the slightest.
  • Keorin said:
    I think it had more to do with Hashan definitely having lost their points from defense.
    This did not happen. At all. Quit furthering the lie. 

Hashan probably (this is a guess) went and used extra beacon stones (probably accidentally) and had those removed.

Nicola said:
    Defence points were never removed, from anyone. When the too many beacons bug was fixed points were adjusted accordingly. This did not show on medallions until the next time those points were updated (next defence/claim victory.)