Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• Micaelis said:

I apologize if my opinion comes off as harsh but I now have three weeks of an empty CWHO to look forward to, just like after the Conclave.
    I'm just really busy in work, I'll be back later, promise!

(Though the burn-out is real)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Micaelis said:

I apologize if my opinion comes off as harsh but I now have three weeks of an empty CWHO to look forward to, just like after the Conclave.
    I'm just really busy in work, I'll be back later, promise!

(Though the burn-out is real)
    Haha good! 
  • Xaden said:
    Keorin said:
    I think it had more to do with Hashan definitely having lost their points from defense.
    This did not happen. At all. Quit furthering the lie. 

Hashan probably (this is a guess) went and used extra beacon stones (probably accidentally) and had those removed.

Nicola said:
    Defence points were never removed, from anyone. When the too many beacons bug was fixed points were adjusted accordingly. This did not show on medallions until the next time those points were updated (next defence/claim victory.)

We had 10 points after day 2 (3 beacons day 1 + 5 beacons day 2 + 2 successful defenses). On day 3 we had a successful attack, checked our medallion, and it showed only 9 points. We definitely dropped 2 points. We ended up with 13 points which was exactly equal to the number of beacon stones we had (we never lost an attack).

Perhaps something else was adjusted but you can see how we thought the defense points rumor was true.
  • May have been 2 defences from attacks with beacons that were bugged? Removing the attack points would remove the defend points too, I believe?
  • Eguzki said:
    Xaden said:
    Keorin said:
    I think it had more to do with Hashan definitely having lost their points from defense.

Hashan probably (this is a guess) went and used extra beacon stones (probably accidentally) and had those removed.

Nicola said:
    Defence points were never removed, from anyone. When the too many beacons bug was fixed points were adjusted accordingly. This did not show on medallions until the next time those points were updated (next defence/claim victory.)

We had 10 points after day 2 (3 beacons day 1 + 5 beacons day 2 + 2 successful defenses). On day 3 we had a successful attack, checked our medallion, and it showed only 9 points. We definitely dropped 2 points. We ended up with 13 points which was exactly equal to the number of beacon stones we had (we never lost an attack).

Perhaps something else was adjusted but you can see how we thought the defense points rumor was true.
    Well good work all around either way Hashan, was good to see you guys come out guns blazing and take control from the beginning. Was a close call, as it usually is when Ashtan fires up the machine, but you came away the champs and deserve it. 
  • Aylek said:
    May have been 2 defences from attacks with beacons that were bugged? Removing the attack points would remove the defend points too, I believe?
    This was option B in my head. But I'm still pissed at you guys for handing Ashtan the point off us last night, so you get no benefit of the doubt :tongue:

• Xaden said:
    Keorin said:

Nicola said:

Hashan definitely lost points, and at no point used more then their allotted stones. They ended day 2 with 10 points after eight successful assaults and two successful defenses (one vs Eleusis, one vs Belladonna). The next day two points were removed, leaving them at eight, and another 5 successful assaults brought them up to 13. They had no failed assaults, used all their stones, and won two defenses. This doesn't mean that they lost the points because they were from defense (I suspect it was a side effect of Eleusis losing points from their extra stone usage, myself), but it undeniably happened.

This is all from both my own decently extensive observations, as well as the observations from close ooc friends in that faction and random independent other members. There's not really room to dispute the facts.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Grandue said:
    We intentionally spread the rumors that you don't get points for defending successfully. Looks like it worked.
    Aren't you the guy always complaining about OOC info sharing and metagaming?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • That's called sarcasm. We were also confused about the defense points. 

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    My mistake.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited July 2016
    My feedback:

Lack of transparency in score and progress were both really frustrating to deal with in the event. Something as simple as, "You have 40 more vampires to recruit." would have been great. I asked at the start whether completing the tasks first would convey any lasting benefits and the Demigod only said that it would enable you to raise your defenses earlier, nothing about getting points in the war. 

Dangling carrots of cool factional things for winning really made every time-wasting bug, bug that prevented us from defending the first two times, problem with transparency, and the disparity in task difficulty (camp this spot for 80 hours vs go kill 30 of these things) many times more frustrating and irritating than they would have been otherwise. We wasted 3-4 hours thinking we were done with our hunting task when there were 12-15 mobs locked behind a door that nobody knew how to open that we eventually had to get admin to unlock to progress. 

I was also kind of disappointed that the war was more dependent on who had more consistent numbers than anything about skilled usage of the war system (aside from allying and feeding eachother defense points and all of that silliness). I think every faction wasted a ton of gold on the towers which turned out to not really do much at all.

Overall, I think myself and many others would have enjoyed the event a lot more had it (never thought I'd say this) been more like the Reckoning in terms of not really having a prize at the end (even though the Reckoning did promise a prize and never gave anything omg yes I'm still mad about that). The "this is your only chance to get this really cool thing" really intensified all the little problems over the course of the event that otherwise would've just been more like "this is bugged, well that sucks" as opposed to "this is bugged, we can't win that really cool thing now". 

I had fun in certain parts of it but in total the event left me feeling more frustrated than anything else. Regardless, I do recognize and appreciate the massive risks the admin took in this kind of event, even if some of them didn't pan out very well. The time and effort that was put into this event must have been staggering, and events like these always see a surge in population (except in Targossas apparently) for a reason, they're amazing and rare. Thanks for putting this together for us admin!

i'm a rebel

• Keorin said:

In the last several hours of the event, Belladonna's faction mounted several assaults on Ashtan, in which they didn't even try to compete (their general was just standing in the room with Ashtani during the planting/battleground part), and then at the end they worked together against Eleusis' forces to get a final point to Ashtan. This became the source of how Ashtan claimed second.

It could have been stopped, particularly if a few factions worked together to take Ashtan's remaining territory, but that was hard with the bad information about defense points floating around, and I know personally I'd thought better of people then to actually do that sort of thing.
    Would probably make more sense if you were filled in on the background RP surrounding that. 

This wasn't a last minute plan, it was the plan all along. Belladonna was once a citizen of Ashtan and through her scheming and plotting she dealt a terrible blow to the Occultists and the city and betrayed the city's trust in pursuit of her own immortality. She slaughtered our citizens and the bodies piled up high before she was finally driven away to where she now currently resides. She had the audacity to ask Ashtan to help her in this war thinking we had forgotten her past transgressions. She is an enemy of the Seat of Chaos and I intended to return her sabotage and betrayal.  I met with Alrena earlier in the event to discuss Bella's faction and what I intended to do to the vampiress. We knew about the defense points and we spread rumors that they weren't working and I even instructed our General to not even tell our own faction members about this subterfuge because SURPRISE even our own people can't keep secrets. If a demi-god actually told Hashan that you didn't get points for defending then that was either an amazing coincidence or we fooled even them (but I doubt this even happened). I won't go into all the specifics of what loose alliances we formed in order to pull it off, but this wasn't a spur of the moment last ditch no-RP effort, it was planned and calculated and had centuries of RP rolled into the decision. The negotiations with Alrena were also intense and difficult and took a lot of navigating before everything was laid out and agreed upon, it isn't easy getting a faction to agree to betray their undead host so that a city they aren't a part of can get some sweet payback on the slut of the Underworld. It was just as much a strategy to win that phase of the war as it was a strategy to get revenge on Belladonna and prevent Eleusis and Targossas from getting a boon.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Spreading misleading information about game mechanics. And you complain about meta-gaming. Amusing.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Well I guess I'm out of the loop then cause I was confused as fuck. 

All well. Toe to toe bouts without the back alley dealings were more my style, I suppose. 

• Also, "our grand revenge plan was to make a faction already out of the running even -more- out of the running" and "we're going to fool the god of war into thinking that we're awesome by poorly staging several battles over and over again" both seem like pretty thin reasoning to me, even just looking at the roleplay.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Part of me wants to give Grandue the benefit of the doubt, but the other part of me is sick of fake public logs that make us look dumb and don't believe this one bit
  • Aylek said:
    May have been 2 defences from attacks with beacons that were bugged? Removing the attack points would remove the defend points too, I believe?
    I suspect this was mechanically similar to what happened, but Eleusis failed its first two assaults that day, so way before the extra stones, and our final tally of points appropriately included these failed assaults and not our victories. We had 7 after the change, so 4 from the first day (one stolen beacon) and three from the second, with two failed assaults.

So if the failures were the ones being counted, you guys should have had more points (Also, I think one of your successful defenses was against Belladonna, who definitely didn't use extra stones).
  • You guys are all wrong about Grandue's claims, and he's going to prove you wrong shortly, right after he's finished finding the logs verifying each claim. :lol:
  • What you all got promised cool factional things.... Eleusis was only going to get a knighting ceremony done by kemnast... 

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    @Shara you are literally my favorite person in Achaea. (Properly read in the voice of Chris from parks and rec.)
  • Deladan said:
    What you all got promised cool factional things.... Eleusis was only going to get a knighting ceremony done by kemnast... 
    Would fucking love this!!

• Xaden said:
    Deladan said:
    What you all got promised cool factional things.... Eleusis was only going to get a knighting ceremony done by kemnast... 
    Until you realize that Eleusis' knighting org is p much dead af. 

• Deladan said:
    Xaden said:
    Deladan said:
    I have noone to knight me :(

• Less dead then Targossas'!
  • Xaden said:
    Deladan said:
    Xaden said:
    Deladan said:
    I have noone to knight me :(
    In all honesty, after playing for 10 years as a player it's better to have no one to knight you than to be stuck waiting to be knighted in a dead org. I've had it happen 3 times now... the only place to ever actually get around to knighting me was Hashan. 

• Keorin said:
    Less dead then Targossas'!
    Well at least 1/2 of Targossian Divine actively oppose the Knighting tradition so it's to be expected! Poor Knights.