New Class

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I honestly would not mind if it was all (or mostly) flavour, while you had to actually be in the room to fight. Much like denizens with bows will shoot at you while you are in the room with them

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'd like to see some sort of sapper class that uses specially made grenades and the like.

• Artefact AWP gun : % chance to insta-kill on headshot?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Artefact AWP gun : % chance to insta-kill on headshot?
    Ask @Ellodin, my AWP skills leave a lot to be desired. :anguished:

• Trey said:
    Artefact AWP gun : % chance to insta-kill on headshot?
    Ask @Ellodin, my AWP skills leave a lot to be desired. :anguished:
    B 4 6 b 8 2 b 8 4 b 8 4 b 8 3 maybe b 1 3 b 7 b 7 b 7

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Asmodron said:
    Jonathin said:
    The moment a gun-toting class was implemented would be the same moment I retire and go play outside.

Dont you already do that as is?
    No, I work for a living.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    I think it would be really need to see a tinker based class, with mechanical things that can be created and used called Machinist or Engineer. Various constructed items can be used after assembly. Some examples (names are obviously a work in progress, this is more of a conceptual post):

- Tinker's Constructs: An assortment of mechanical creations of various metals which server their creator in various capacities (no more than three constructs can be in use at one time). The higher tier the ore, the stronger they are, sort of like the things on Ageiro.

Construct Tiers (constructs are stronger and more durable based on what tier of ore is used: Gold, Silver, Iron, Copper). This would also rely on the ability to craft [rfitable] items such as gears and cogs and refine oil to be used for each thing made, at a location called the Machining Bench, much like the Alchemist station.

+ Golem: A mechanical golem made of sturdy iron which, once assembled will defend it's creator at all costs, and if ordered, will attack.

+ Sparrow: A small, gearwork bird which is able to scout various locations and people. (works akin to falcon, able to attack and throw opponents off balance, scan track and follow people, report, glance, but too small to carry or deliver items. Kind of like the gem birds.)

+  Spider: A small, mechanical spider which periodically afflicts with loki.

+ Mare: A mechanized mount which can swiftly carry it's owner from one destination to another.

Then some other things that can be used for various purposes:

- Machining: When at a Machining Bench, able to take various refined metals and machine them down into working parts for constructs and other items.

- Tinker's Toolbox: A collection of tools, parts, and essential oil which needs to be crafted before constructs can be brought into creation.

- Stun Sphere: A time delayed cube of contained light and combustion which, once it detonates, briefly stuns those in the room.

- Splinter Sphere: Packed with small gears, screws, and other metal leftovers, this cube can be set with a tripwire to explode once an enemy triggers it, sending it's deadly contents flying in all directions and causing significant bleeding.

- Memory Cube: Inserted with a blank memory crystal, this device can, once placed on the floor and activated, record up to three minutes worth of activity. It can later play this information back in a room as a holographic sequence.

- Memory Crystal: These specially machined crystals are used in memory cubes to store recordings.

- Refining Rod: This small, diamond tipped rod allows raw crystal to be refined into various lenses and even Memory Crystals.

There are a lot of more ideas, just was kinda spitballing it.

• Kresslack said:
    I think it would be really need to see a tinker based class, with mechanical things that can be created and used called Machinist or Engineer. Various constructed items can be used after assembly. Some examples (names are obviously a work in progress, this is more of a conceptual post):

- Tinker's Constructs: An assortment of mechanical creations of various metals which server their creator in various capacities (no more than three constructs can be in use at one time). The higher tier the ore, the stronger they are, sort of like the things on Ageiro.

Construct Tiers (constructs are stronger and more durable based on what tier of ore is used: Gold, Silver, Iron, Copper). This would also rely on the ability to craft [rfitable] items such as gears and cogs and refine oil to be used for each thing made, at a location called the Machining Bench, much like the Alchemist station.

+ Golem: A mechanical golem made of sturdy iron which, once assembled will defend it's creator at all costs, and if ordered, will attack.

+ Sparrow: A small, gearwork bird which is able to scout various locations and people. (works akin to falcon, able to attack and throw opponents off balance, scan track and follow people, report, glance, but too small to carry or deliver items. Kind of like the gem birds.)

+  Spider: A small, mechanical spider which periodically afflicts with loki.

+ Mare: A mechanized mount which can swiftly carry it's owner from one destination to another.

Then some other things that can be used for various purposes:

- Machining: When at a Machining Bench, able to take various refined metals and machine them down into working parts for constructs and other items.

- Tinker's Toolbox: A collection of tools, parts, and essential oil which needs to be crafted before constructs can be brought into creation.

- Stun Sphere: A time delayed cube of contained light and combustion which, once it detonates, briefly stuns those in the room.

- Splinter Sphere: Packed with small gears, screws, and other metal leftovers, this cube can be set with a tripwire to explode once an enemy triggers it, sending it's deadly contents flying in all directions and causing significant bleeding.

- Memory Cube: Inserted with a blank memory crystal, this device can, once placed on the floor and activated, record up to three minutes worth of activity. It can later play this information back in a room as a holographic sequence.

- Memory Crystal: These specially machined crystals are used in memory cubes to store recordings.

- Refining Rod: This small, diamond tipped rod allows raw crystal to be refined into various lenses and even Memory Crystals.

There are a lot of more ideas, just was kinda spitballing it.
    Would rather see something like this replacing some stuff Jester has.
  • I know this new class won't be a knight class, but I find myself wishing there was a fourth choice for knight. 

I really wish I could be Paladin, but I don't like Targossas. Infernal is pretty awesome,  but I don't want to be ebil. And I have been Runie 3 times and I just hate runelore. 

I wish there was a neutral knight class that didn't have me coloring pictures on the ground in the middle of a fight. 

• edited June 2016
    Sadly Runewarden is considered the 'neutral knight' and yes I agree the idea of sketching pictures or runelore in general is not appealing to some (me included). Before the whole 'force the classes to orgs' wave came through, it was generally considered that orgs had 2 knights to pick from. The 'goodie' associated orgs got Paladin and Runewarden and the others got access to Infernal with Runewarden. Back then, Necromancy wasnt as restricted as it is now. Generally if you simply didnt hamper Mhaldor or the Twin lord's wishes, you could use Necromancy, which was fine for most players in Hashan and Ashtan.

Now, it is basically be Runewarden or join Mhaldor/Targ. I do wish other sword classes, like Bard and Blademaster, filled in the void but they come with their own niches that dont really take the place of a knight archetype.
  • So going off the current theme of the event, let's say this class was a 'death dealer' or 'associated with death' class. Would be quite interesting to see.

Scythe wielder?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited June 2016
    Asmodron said:
    So going off the current theme of the event, let's say this class was a 'death dealer' or 'associated with death' class. Would be quite interesting to see.

Scythe wielder?
    I doubt the class has anything to do with the current events directly, unless this turns out to be the start of some Bal'met-esque saga that lasts the rest of the year.

More likely just gonna be Thoth coming back <3

ETA: And/or maybe Nerry tooooooooooo <3
    Huh. Neat.
  • 0 chance this event is related to new class considering they said it'd be a while for the class.
  • Kiet said:
    0 chance this event is related to new class considering they said it'd be a while for the class.
    We're almost halfway through the year. It could be. It probably won't,  but 0 chance isn't entirely accurate. 

• Ahmet said:
    Asmodron said:
    So going off the current theme of the event, let's say this class was a 'death dealer' or 'associated with death' class. Would be quite interesting to see.

Scythe wielder?
    I doubt the class has anything to do with the current events directly, unless this turns out to be the start of some Bal'met-esque saga that lasts the rest of the year.

More likely just gonna be Thoth coming back <3

ETA: And/or maybe Nerry tooooooooooo <3

How would Neraeos fit into ti O.o
  • Seafaring changes

• Chaos Knight please
    We need less faction based, restrictive classes, not more.

• A shout from a traditionally Neraeos only operated denizen has raised a sliver of hope.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Which will likely get beaten down into a horrible mess of broken hope once again. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • no more neutral gods plz
  • I have to agree. While i love certain gods, generally it is the faction associated gods that present the most influence and movement in the game
  • Neraeos isn't a neutral god. He is THE god. A God amongst Gods, if you will.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tahquil said:
    Neraeos isn't a neutral god. He is THE god. A God amongst Gods, if you will.
    But He stinks of fish. And He has wet feet. And isn't @Vastar

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • That's quite enough of that, I think.
  • The forum rp is real O.o
  • Oh phew, already edited out.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I feelz like I missed some drama.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Dwarven musketeer in direct conflict with a sylvan

[spoiler] copyright Warcraft [/spoiler]

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• H-h-h-h-headshot!

In all truth, I could definitely see a passive ability called headshot that has a chance to proc and cause a crit hit.