New Class

Comments

• Asmodron said:
    H-h-h-h-headshot!

In all truth, I could definitely see a passive ability called headshot that has a chance to proc and cause a crit hit.
    Sketch hugalaz on scimitar.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Asmodron said:
    H-h-h-h-headshot!

In all truth, I could definitely see a passive ability called headshot that has a chance to proc and cause a crit hit.
    Sketch hugalaz on scimitar.
    Shhhh

But actually I meant for mobs, with a unique kill message if they die to it.
  • Rock scribbler/thrower class would have been cool. :(
  • Some sort of rock tamer class :>
  • Minifie said:
    Some sort of roc tamer class :>
    Ftfy
  • Minifie said:
    Some sort of roc tamer class :>
    Ftfy
  • edited June 2016
    Hahahahahha...ha

I was thinking more like much what appeared to happened in Shastaan. These rock masters would use inks and/or poisons to scribe rocks with whirls/runes/cyphers and can either plant stones in locations like totems as well as juggle and cast them at the enemy like jester bombs or formulations. 

edit : Or even lure people to a location with stones hidden that can be activated once every day that acts like they just walked into the totem.
  • Tahquil said:
    Hahahahahha...ha

I was thinking more like much what appeared to happened in Shastaan. These rock masters would use inks and/or poisons to scribe rocks with whirls/runes/cyphers and can either plant stones in locations like totems as well as juggle and cast them at the enemy like jester bombs or formulations. 

edit : Or even lure people to a location with stones hidden that can be activated once every day that acts like they just walked into the totem.

Lusternia has something very similar if not identical to what you are suggesting. It is a skilled called Runes wherein the caster scribes symbols upon blank stones in order to call a variety of effects. They may also plant the stones in a room for a room effect or throw them at someone in an adjacent room.
  • edited June 2016
    Pretty much runewarden! But more magical, mystical, intelligence orientated than the strength sword melee wardens. The priest to a paladin. The apostate to an infernal. The stone flinger to the runewarden.

edit: man earth bindings between a runelorist and runewarden would be cool
  • Can we have a class with the capability of the faceless men from Game of thrones? O.O

• Asmodron said:
    Can we have a class with the capability of the faceless men from Game of thrones? O.O

DESCRIBE SELF?

• edited June 2016
    Antonius said:
    Asmodron said:
    Can we have a class with the capability of the faceless men from Game of thrones? O.O

DESCRIBE SELF?

Unless someone goes around gagging room desc and only observing what is there with LOOK <thing>, i dont see how that would work..

Edit: not to mention replaces the name in every say with 'someone says'
  • edited June 2016
    Oh, so you want to be able to mechanically pretend you're absolutely anybody in a game that relies on knowing exactly who somebody is in order to interact with them... No, you can't have a new class with that capability.
  • edited June 2016
    Isn't that l, at least at a high level, what the Chameleon tattoo does?

"A girl is not your city mate, now you die!"

but yeah a TF2 spy would be ridiculous!

• It just covers you on the WHO lists. You don't actually morph into that person.
  • You know MKO has a skillset that does exactly that with several additional mechanics added to it. It isnt as absurd as you are thinking :p 

Anyway it was a joke in reference to the coolness seen in Game of thrones recently.

• The next class is actually two classes: Vampires and Werewolves (they already have it hammered out, just balancing with Achaea PVP) that is why the Underworld entrance was taken away.
  • Would love a Haemomancer class. Had like 12 A4 pages written about it a year ago with combat balance/thematic details.
  • Stealth monks in Lusternia have the ability to make masks of people. They still get targetted by their original name, but they will look like the person they've a mask of: title, description, etc.
  • Morsul said:
    Stealth monks in Lusternia have the ability to make masks of people. They still get targetted by their original name, but they will look like the person they've a mask of: title, description, etc.

Ah yes, I forgot about that as well. It is used in strategic ways, such as bypassing guards or tricking people with enter/exit message. Only difficulty was getting the mask, which required the head of the target.
  • Asmodron said:
    Morsul said:
    Stealth monks in Lusternia have the ability to make masks of people. They still get targetted by their original name, but they will look like the person they've a mask of: title, description, etc.

Ah yes, I forgot about that as well. It is used in strategic ways, such as bypassing guards or tricking people with enter/exit message. Only difficulty was getting the mask, which required the head of the target.
    So did harvesting faces as it were :P

• @Nicola Can we get some insight into what armour the new class will be able to wear? 

I know you said no spoilers, but with the new artefact armour, some people may want to base their decision on what armour to get on future choices.

• Tahquil said:
    Pretty much runewarden! But more magical, mystical, intelligence orientated than the strength sword melee wardens. The priest to a paladin. The apostate to an infernal. The stone flinger to the runewarden.

edit: man earth bindings between a runelorist and runewarden would be cool
    Well... that kinda was what Shamans were before the Spiritlore change... so meh?
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Halos said:
    Asmodron said:
    Antonius said:
    Asmodron said:

DESCRIBE SELF?

Unless someone goes around gagging room desc and only observing what is there with LOOK <thing>, i dont see how that would work..

Ada arrives from the west.
    Ada gambols about playfully with Tesha.
    Ada says in Targossian, "How are yous??"
    Tesha presses his body warmly against Ada, tilting his head to place a tender, passionate kiss on her mouth.
    Tesha says in a strangely garbled voice, "Cats maldaathi cloudkill slugworm!"
    Tesha begins to wield a needle-pointed dirk in his left hand.
    Ada blinks.
    Ada says in Targossian, "W-where did you get the dirk...?"
    Tesha arrives from the south.
    Tesha says in a demure, mellifluous voice, "Yay Ada guess what guess what."

--- Rally point ---
    The sun sets, its dimming rays lancing across the sky and lighting the dim edges of cloud that hang there. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Scribe Trentillian is here. He wields a simple fishing pole in both hands. Legionnaire Aylek is here. He wields a Raphaelan mace in his right hand. Someone with the face of Tesha is here. He wields a needle-pointed dirk in his left hand. Tesha al Ashtad is here. She wields a lucent shield adorned by an amethyst phoenix in her left hand and an aurulent mace crowned by an amethyst phoenix in her right.
    You see exits leading south, southwest, and west.

Tesha says angrily in a strangely garbled voice, "Um."
    "Oops!" Tesha exclaims with a bashful expression.
    Tesha glances briefly southwestwards and dashes off into the distance.
    Tesha says in a demure, mellifluous voice "Wait what? Who was that?"
    "Ummmm," Ada says uncertainly.
    You see Tesha yell, "GET BACK HERE."

I always think these are real...

• Szanthax said:
    Halos said:
    Asmodron said:
    Antonius said:
    Asmodron said:

DESCRIBE SELF?

Ada arrives from the west.
    Ada gambols about playfully with Tesha.
    Ada says in Targossian, "How are yous??"
    Tesha presses his body warmly against Ada, tilting his head to place a tender, passionate kiss on her mouth.
    Tesha says in a strangely garbled voice, "Cats maldaathi cloudkill slugworm!"
    Tesha begins to wield a needle-pointed dirk in his left hand.
    Ada blinks.
    Ada says in Targossian, "W-where did you get the dirk...?"
    Tesha arrives from the south.
    Tesha says in a demure, mellifluous voice, "Yay Ada guess what guess what."

--- Rally point ---
    The sun sets, its dimming rays lancing across the sky and lighting the dim edges of cloud that hang there. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Scribe Trentillian is here. He wields a simple fishing pole in both hands. Legionnaire Aylek is here. He wields a Raphaelan mace in his right hand. Someone with the face of Tesha is here. He wields a needle-pointed dirk in his left hand. Tesha al Ashtad is here. She wields a lucent shield adorned by an amethyst phoenix in her left hand and an aurulent mace crowned by an amethyst phoenix in her right.
    You see exits leading south, southwest, and west.

Tesha says angrily in a strangely garbled voice, "Um."
    "Oops!" Tesha exclaims with a bashful expression.
    Tesha glances briefly southwestwards and dashes off into the distance.
    Tesha says in a demure, mellifluous voice "Wait what? Who was that?"
    "Ummmm," Ada says uncertainly.
    You see Tesha yell, "GET BACK HERE."

I always think these are real...
    I want Halos to write a book just for me :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Van Helsing class. Let me rek Bella and Z. Please.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Van Helsing class. Let me rek Bella and Z. Please.
    @Draqoom may have something to say on the matter