New Class

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    You break my heart, knowing something like this will never be put it  :s

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Yes, can we please keep Achaea firmly within the realm of weird fantasy like it is now?
  • I for one welcome our gun toting overlords.
  • I like musketeering in the Warhammer universe. It's got that medieval renaissance feel while you're trying to fend off hordes of demons, orcs, and undead.

In all likelihood though... it's probably a pole-arm class that uses daggers, magic, and other gadgets.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • wait... ive seen this somewhere before. Oh yeah.

• I think revolvers are too steampunkish. To suddenly introduce guns that use bullets is way too out there for the current lore in my opinion.

You can have blackpowder-era pistols and muskets and still be cool though!

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
    You have all my yes

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Jonathin said:
    The moment a gun-toting class was implemented would be the same moment I retire and go play outside.
    What about a laser???

• That's what Starmourn is for
  • Saving my 5th class slot for the new class, not knowing if I'm even going to want it.  It's killing me!!!

• Borran said:
    Saving my 5th class slot for the new class, not knowing if I'm even going to want it.  It's killing me!!!

This. Except, fourth. I have a strong feeling I won't like the class though, I'm too picky.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I really really just wish we at least knew the theme of the class, just so I know if it is something I should be working to save up for from now or something I obviously wont be interested in.
  • Exactly! Leak us a teaser video so we can see those beautiful casting animations and fall in love with the class!

• Jonathin said:
    The moment a gun-toting class was implemented would be the same moment I retire and go play outside.
    I dunno, it's not a stretch to take whatever tank detonation technology we do have and figure out how to shrink it into a musket/single shot apparatus, imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • No no no
  • Jonathin said:

Dont you already do that as is?
  • edited June 2016
    I could see a disparity and unique choice aspect introduced with a Marksman class. One could pick their weapon, between a Musket or a Crossbow and naturally all Eleusians would be required to pick Crossbows, with Muskets being 'civilization' technology focused.

I could see the class taking an Assassin's Creed concept to it, with the Marksman making holsters for pistols with 1 shot in them, but for rapid fire (up to 3 perhaps?), but when then require them to reload after. Same could be for crossbows, could have a hand-crossbow on each arm and a larger one strapped to the back.

Edit: Could even see the introduction of unique pistols (in appearance) from each city, representing their cultural choice and technique.
    edited June 2016
    As much as I love my crossbow, musket all the way. I mean, I know it'll never happen, much less with Starmourn on the way, but one can dream <3 Between alchemy and magic there could be plenty of explanation as to how things work, but. 

Alas.

• Personally, I'm going to keep spending money/gold/cr as I have been, and when the class comes out, if I like it, I'll start saving then. In that case, by the time I have the currency saved up to get the class, most of the bugs will (read: should) be worked out, and I'm not buying the class in the first week or two and just spending those weeks typing "BUG <shit that's broke>".
    That's just me, though.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • They have eluded to it being a Magic style class, not physical.

• edited June 2016
    Daeir said:
    There's no precedent for black powder weapons in Achaea at all, not when cities are still using conjured fire elementals as weapons in raids against each other (tanks).

Achaea is very firmly set apart from tech-fantasy in that regard. Even Alchemy, which skims the line, is more fantasy than tech, whatwith ether manipulation being involved for transmutation at all. I certainly hope that doesn't prove to be the direction of the new class, but we'll see.
    There have been gunpowder-based cannons (possibly retconned out at this point, but still preserved in events posts if nowhere else), and there are plenty of other explosives all the way back to the fall of Seleucar.
  • Sena said:
    Daeir said:
    There's no precedent for black powder weapons in Achaea at all, not when cities are still using conjured fire elementals as weapons in raids against each other (tanks).

Achaea is very firmly set apart from tech-fantasy in that regard. Even Alchemy, which skims the line, is more fantasy than tech, whatwith ether manipulation being involved for transmutation at all. I certainly hope that doesn't prove to be the direction of the new class, but we'll see.
    There have been gunpowder-based cannons (possibly retconned out at this point, but still preserved in events posts if nowhere else), and there are plenty of other explosives all the way back to the fall of Seleucar.
    Firecrackers, bombs, mhun demolitionist, etc.

Not liking it doesn't mean that there isn't a precedent. It means that the tech hasn't been developed or refined yet. 

• Not that it isn't feasible it's just that guns as weapons in Achaea is dumb
  • Morthif said:
    Not that it isn't feasible it's just that guns as weapons in Achaea is dumb

Perhaps we should consider less about the guns and more towards class archetype. What would a far-ranged sniper type class seek to have in a skillset? I always did prefer this train-of-thought
  • A far-ranged sniper type class wouldn't work in Achaea, since for the combat to be anything other than fucking horrendous for everybody involved, they'd need to be fighting in the same room as their target.

• Morthif said:
    Not that it isn't feasible it's just that guns as weapons in Achaea is dumb
    Disagree. Revolvers and metal cartridge weapons, sure, but I could easily see tech progression where blackpowder muskets, blunderbusses and/or arquebus wielders come to be. I'd like to see pistols, seafaring being what it is (brace o' pistols, BLOOD AND THUNDER, VICTORY AT SEA), but that seems a step beyond. Or not. This isn't earth, tech doesn't have to progress in the same order or rate that we have. Take Thief: the Dark Project and that universe. Their industrial revolution saw electricity developed before firearms.

• Antonius said:

A far-ranged sniper type class wouldn't work in Achaea, since for the combat to be anything other than fucking horrendous for everybody involved, they'd need to be fighting in the same room as their target.

I don't believe this to be true. LoS combat is what a majority of raids end up as. I would be interested in seeing this dynamic become more than damageability <person> <direction>. Another class that can lock with LoS would be awesome. 

But those classes without Los would need a way to counter it,  either engages, movement hinders, or nullify ingredients abilities.  

• Line of sight is too strong, no one likes fighting it, and adding an entire class that can do it better would please literally no one except the people playing that class.