New Class

Comments

• Class weapon: Sonic Screwdriver

• Chaos magic is not time magic. The manipulation of time is simply a reaffirmation of Chaos' ability to twist creation. As you'll notice, the ability to twist time with chaos is not a structured concept, but rather random. Occultists do not give the 'slowed through time' affliction through chaos arts, but rather through tarot.

Time magic, in Aeon's case, would be a much much more different concept, being about the structure of time and what it constitutes, rather than simply twisting it around.
  • Timewarp in occultism:

You are a master of time itself and can warp the field of time in your location. If there are any vibes in your location, one will be randomly dislocated outside of time.
    __
    Truename slowing time around you.
    __
    The lore books surrounding the karmic experiments and their stuff about time.
    __

You might as well put little hourglasses on my wizard hat instead of lightning bolts

• Farrah said:
    The new class is Amazon. Female characters only. It'll be really pwn too.
    You don't want this if you know what happened to the imperian amazons
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Daeir said:
    Something involving Aeon Babel or the Fire Behind The Flame Eris would be really cool, if unlikely. Like some scholars uncovered ways of using Aeon's Discord&Entropy's nascent essence to open temporal rifts which you can use to bring techniques and abilities forward from the past or back from the future. Or another set of scholars discovered ways to pull upon the crucible of reality that the Fire Behind The Flame feeds, and use it to create a whole new set of sorcery that treads the finest line between mortal meddling and divine influence. Something like teleological sorcery, except instead of destiny alteration, its reality alteration.
    Haha, Aerek's right. Just replace a few words and boom the basic concept behind occultism.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I'm hoping for a detective class tbh. Armour is a three piece suit (tweed optional), weapon is a magnifying glass. They don't deal damage, but by analysing clues and using deductive reasoning they can solve mysteries and then summon the constabulary to insta-incarcerate their opponents, using a new 'prison' mechanic. Enemies can attempt to erase clues to commit the perfect murder, but as a last resort detectives can use their Trans ability to fling themselves and their opponent into a waterfall, instakilling both but preventing the detective from logging in for 3 years.
    Kinilan said:
    Pirate class.

But none of Blupikachu's crap because.
    it's ironic that you want to be a pirate because you seem p. irate

(pretty irate, get it)

my ideas are gem-encrusted gold and you know it
  • I'm hoping for a detective class tbh. Armour is a three piece suit (tweed optional), weapon is a magnifying glass. They don't deal damage, but by analysing clues and using deductive reasoning they can solve mysteries and then summon the constabulary to insta-incarcerate their opponents, using a new 'prison' mechanic. Enemies can attempt to erase clues to commit the perfect murder, but as a last resort detectives can use their Trans ability to fling themselves and their opponent into a waterfall, instakilling both but preventing the detective from logging in for 3 years.
    Kinilan said:
    Pirate class.

But none of Blupikachu's crap because.
    it's ironic that you want to be a pirate because you seem p. irate

(pretty irate, get it)

my ideas are gem-encrusted gold and you know it
    corn-encrusted maybe.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Makarios said:
    The new class is going to be a factional class for Cyrene.

We're still discussing the third skill, so I'll let that be a surprise.
    Krypton said:
    One of their skills would be Grammaticism. At Inept, they can make edits and corrections to unpreserved letters on the ground. At Trans they can impose their Supreme Syntactical Will on others, preventing them from SAYing, TELLing, or using any channel, until their intended message is deemed acceptable in terms of clarity and punctuation.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Did @Blujixapug say Batman class?

• Szanthax said:

Elementary deduction, my good man.

Makarios said:
    Szanthax said:

As long as it's but a Cumberbatch class..

• Chaos Knight pls
  • Mathematician.
  • I'm still saying it will involve those weapons that still have artifacts but nobody uses. Plus, Ophal uses a polearm in interesting ways.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Makarios said:
    Szanthax said:

Sherlock Holmes never said "elementary, my dear Watson", it's a common misquote. Also, Sherlock Holmes used abduction, not deduction /geekfacts

As for new class, polearm wielding barbarian (think wizard-hunter kit from AD&D)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I still want to quote @cooper again:

New class one ability:
    PUNCH &target <credits>

• Makarios said:

Ok, we've decided on a change of policy. The new class is going to be a factional class for Cyrene. There'll be a twist in that it'll have nine skills, because they need three sets of the standard three. This'll mean that you have to trans each skill three times to get access to all the abilities, but we figure that's a small price to pay (sorry Antonius, you're probably going to need a new mortgage if you join Cyrene and have it in your next multiclass slot).

Anyway. We're definitely sold on paperwork with a death of a thousand cuts finisher so far for the first skill. Because that's probably kind of edgy for the cyrene playerbase, we're tempering it with the second skill which will be called neutrality. Its basically an entirely defensive skill, similar to healing in some regards in that it let's you eliminate many effects. The trans skill let's you become unenemied to any organisation once a year for free, but we figure that'll be fine if people use it in moderation and strictly for rp purposes.

We're still discussing the third skill, so I'll let that be a surprise. We're pondering something historically themed like zergamancy or dragonbaiting, but I'd rather wait so we can give you accurate information and not get your hopes up unnecessarily.

[spoiler]
    http://pastebin.com/fYLs4axd
    [/spoiler]

Only a little over 7500 credits, and I'd get a decent chunk back from dropping Paladin and Priest! Who needs to eat?

Also a little disappointed the pastebin link wasn't some kind of ASCII rickroll.
  • Yo, tony. How much is slot 4 tri trans credit wise? I don't wanna drop any of my current classes for the new class. 

• The 5th one costs 2500cr. Not looking forward to this. 

• @Dunn Slot four (and onwards) is a bit over 2500 credits to tri-Trans (I think it's something like 2503 or 2504). Unless there's some surprise waiting for me in slot 11, that's also the cap on cost; slot five is the same as slot four, slot six is the same as slot five, etc.
  • Shit. 

• Ugg. I need a better job to afford this game 
  • Morthif said:
    Ugg. I need a better job to afford this game 
    This.. I'm fighting a losing battle with my credit card because of this game. 

• I still haven't invested in a third class :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Time to scour the mythos for what this might be...
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
    It's 15000 lessons

• More like 15018 lessons, it's definitely a bit more than 2500 credits worth.

• Actually, that's a good question.

@Makarios could you at least hint to us whether this is a new class concept to Achaea or something that may have been mentioned in it's lore (both mythos and game lore)?
    Asmodron said:
    Actually, that's a good question.

@Makarios could you at least hint to us whether this is a new class concept to Achaea or something that may have been mentioned in it's lore (both mythos and game lore)?
    I think the answer will be yes

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Szanthax said:
    Asmodron said:
    Actually, that's a good question.

I think the answer will be yes
    In before "No"