The Bal'met event

Comments

• And cynics. Don't forget the cynics.
  • edited November 2012
    Tvistor said:
    I like how Babel was all 'I-it's not like I wanted you to have this s-sword, Pentharian-oniichan! Phaestus only made me do so. B-but it's not like I'm doing this because we're brothers or anything. I-iiiiidiot!' and Shallam was like 'WE ARE KEEPING IT.'

Sounds like a tsundere move to me. >=(

• This event has its ups and downs. I don't like a lot of it but it is a change of pace to have actually SOMETHING happen in Achaea for once after I started playing in '05. I have to admit. I'm stuck to the event and this thread like glue. I'm eager and nervous to see how an event that started four RL years ago or so is finally happening. Keep up the good work. I may be a Mithraea fangirl, but Pentharian really did give me some smiles and laughs in this event so thanks!

• Who is this Joshua fellow and how is he dictating which Gods die with his words?
  • Joshua is Bal'met's name. Like Phoebus Mithraea.

• edited November 2012
    Tvistor said:
    I like how Babel was all 'Take my sword, brolius maximus!' and Shallam was like 'WE ARE KEEPING IT.'

Sounds like a jerk move to me. >=(

Sword was stolen from Shallam, and reasonably recently too...
  • Pssh. Dunamis gave that sword to us fair and square. Babel just re-gifted it cause it was subpar. SUBPAR.

Give us our sword back plz? It was all we had to remember Marvi by. :(
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • edited November 2012
    Trey said:

<Quote stuff>

I raise you with:

Matt / Aetous:  
    Impaled on the claws of Sycaerunax, Lady Sol perishes, the immortal fires of the Sun forever 
    extinguished.
    Karin: o...
    Karin: wait
    Karin: wait
    Karin: sdafjasl;fsjakl
    Karin: OH MY GOD

Conjuring images of beasts more fearsome than any of the daemons They face, Babel obscures the 
    escape route, and slips away.
    Karin: :O
    Karin: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Karin: :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...And people in the staff room were wondering why I kept snorting with laughter...
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited November 2012
    I am going to slap you both. >(

In my defense, no ill will meant, it was just like watching a really epic game of <insert sport here> and I get carried away okay. *twiddles*
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Pretty epic event, most exciting stuff in a few rl years. Sucks for loss of people's Gods but most were inactive (isn't that why we were all complaining?). Bravo!

• I feel much better having read this thread, that it was Antidas that ruined my attempts to listen in on Sarapis' uplifting comments to Shallam, and not my own fault.

Massive ego remains solidly intact.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Xith said:

The function of the Logos is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the Garden 23 gods -- 16 female, 7 male -- to rebuild Achaea. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the Garden, which coupled with the extermination of Achaea will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

I should have stayed raja...
  • edited November 2012
    Hmm. The other day I saw someone get slain by the same crimson-skinned daemon - twice.

Perhaps this all explains how Sarapis can wear trousers whilst appearing completely naked. There are no trousers.
  • Favonius said:
    Hmm. The other day I saw someone get slain by the same crimson-skinned daemon - twice.

Perhaps this all explains how Sarapis can wear trousers whilst appearing completely naked. There are no trousers.
    Culottes?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Silas said:
    Bal'met is the mole god. That's why the Dala'myrr are so good at burrowing.

• I get the feeling that where this is going for Shallam is unification of the Good ideology under a single God, maybe Lorielan, but more likely a blast from the past - Aurora? Dunamis/Deucalion?

From an outsider's perspective this is a good thing - the Te'Serra often presented a confusing and divided face for Good.

That said, I feel for the players who have put time and effort into building Orders and advancing their rank in them, and hope they'll be justly rewarded once everything has shaken out.

From a Nature perspective, killing off Melantha was a big shock and I didn't see it coming. After Gaia and Demeter, Nature goddess seems to be a dangerous profession. Once again it's left an ideological hole in the Nature faction and a lot of players in mourning - but I'm prepared to see how it works out in the end.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Shallam's new God will be Silas.

ormaybeevensomeonelikePericles.
  • I have a sneaking suspicion Lorielan will go poof, right when we finish re-shrining the city.
  • I thought Nature ideology was 'moar trees is better trees'?
  • Daslin said:
    Shallam's new God will be Silas.

ormaybeevensomeonelikePericles.

I swear to god if that door opening bastard Pericles becomes our new god I will hurt you. >:-|

On the other hand, all hail Lord Silas!

• Curse your ability to make everything funny, curse it!

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited November 2012
    @Tvistor Not really. Remember the bamboo incidents?