The Bal'met event

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Tvistor said:
    Look, I don't own earrings because I'm not Ashtani. EARRING TRAVEL TO WHOEVER. You get the point.
    Its actually just travel to person, if you have more than 1 I think you have to add with earring number

ie.

travel to bal'met with earring4040
  • If I join Shallam, will you guys buy me earrings?
  • to be fair, those of you who were at Fish Street knew I did try to get it...except that when I threw my eye, the sword was no longer there. Dunno if someone picked it up, or if Sarapis just saw what I was doing and prevented me from doing it. But while I didn't actually look in the room after confirming the sword was there while phased, TAKE SWORD just told me there was nothing there by that name. I did get out alive, but figured it was in someone's inventory and therefore impossible to steal

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    @Antidas - It's okay, I was looking for you but found Jarrod instead.
  • @Idelisa - huge thanks for the logs; I couldn't be on last night <3
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • This event has been amazing. Even watching as the Iron Realms app kept freezing my phone today was brilliant.

But I really didn't expect it to hit me so hard when Melantha died. Or rather, once I got home from work and could log in properly. A+ to the game for creating such an immersive environment, and even more love to Melantha for giving Ephram purpose within the realms, so that he was completely affected upon her death. Though one of the saddest aspects by far in my years playing, it was also a great indication of how much this game and the players, including the Divine, have come to mean to me.
  • edited November 2012
    Tvistor said:
    Indrani would be alive if she just stabbed Pandemonium in the throat instead of doing the cliche villain extremely-slow-waving-around-of-the-weapon-in-front-of-the-defenseless-hero.

EDIT: IT KEEPS EATING MY DAMNED QUOTES

@Tvistor - Silence.  If not for that uber important trope, how many Bond movies would there have been?
  • edited November 2012
    I would really love a plot twist like Mhaldorian Gods are actually killing other Gods to allow them to gather in Lord Thoth's Realm and to strike back.

Even Evil has standards.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Tvistor said:
    Indrani would be alive if she just stabbed Pandemonium in the throat instead of doing the cliche villain extremely-slow-waving-around-of-the-weapon-in-front-of-the-defenseless-hero.
    I was typing precisely this in all caps to my correspondents, you don't even know.

'OMG WHY DOESN'T SHE JUST -STAB- HIM ALREADY SHE'S GOING TO DIE FOR SURE'

*Pandemonium breaks hand, takes dagger, lops off Indrani's head*

'SADFASJDFK YOU SEE?!?!?! YOU SEE!!!!!!'(I sorry Indranians)
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited November 2012
    Yeah, I really hope there is going to be a massive plot twist. This event is more than awesome, but there is a certain linear quality to the narrative.
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Lodi said:
    Yeah, I really hope there is going to be a plot twist. This event is more than awesome, but there is a certain linear quality to the narrative.

"And They all woke up and realised it was a dream" ?
  • Jurixe said:

Tvistor said:

I was typing precisely this in all caps to my correspondents, you don't even know.

'OMG WHY DOESN'T SHE JUST -STAB- HIM ALREADY SHE'S GOING TO DIE FOR SURE'

*Pandemonium breaks hand, takes dagger, lops off Indrani's head*

'SADFASJDFK YOU SEE?!?!?! YOU SEE!!!!!!'(I sorry Indranians)

I was reading through that and facepalming when I realised my character had been following a bond villain's henchman.
  • edited November 2012
    Sylvance said:
    Lodi said:
    Yeah, I really hope there is going to be a plot twist. This event is more than awesome, but there is a certain linear quality to the narrative.

"And They all woke up and realised it was a dream" ?

I'd have to replace a severally damaged laptop if that happened....
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Mishgul said:

I for one was deeply disappointed by the lack of turkeys after all the hype.

(I enjoyed it too. I wish I could have helped my fellow Dreadlords :()

Got my hopes up every time I saw a deathsight.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Wreathing his hand in necromantic flame, the Dreadlord Carmain shoves it up rear of an essence-crazed turkey.

?

• edited November 2012
    Cooper said:
    That was the most amazing thing I've experienced on Achaea. Was pretty great, though I wish there was a -bit- more guidance on 'is the event over for today, or are the players supposed to do something now?', but still great fun was had and lots of great rp.

Plus Ashtan pulled off the most coordinated thing ever on Achaea.

That wasn't Ashtan. That was Babel's Order. GET IT RIGHT.

• Can we please just hurry up and reveal that Bal'met is Slith? Everyone knows it, so just quit beating around the bush.
  • Cooper said:

Do you know how terrifying dreams are when there is a massive decaying undead dragon chasing after you through clouds especially when you know you can't fly so you're terrified of falling and dying too?!
    You need to exercise your dominion.
  • THANKS. Man, we Ocean's Eleven'd your ass so good.

• Bal'met is the mole god. That's why the Dala'myrr are so good at burrowing.

• Mishgul said:

I for one was deeply disappointed by the lack of turkeys after all the hype.

(I enjoyed it too. I wish I could have helped my fellow Dreadlords :()

It's my fault.  I let it slip too early, so Sarapis had time to plan something else.