Year 700!

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sarathai said:
     @Tecton Is the custom dragonform/viridian description only if somebody actually uses LOOK, or will it also apply to QL when in the same room?
    LOOK <person>
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    Kudos to whoever put the riddle together. Was a lot of fun, and not so easy!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    A 4-hour Riddle... I've never seen one take longer than 30min-1 hr
  • Yeah that riddle was kind of absurd on the difficulty. Not that I'm a riddle master or anything, but if it took everyone else that long I dunno!
  • After that I'm not going to punish myself with a 6-hour xp grab. I'll be sitting out until the quiz. Great job! But my head hurts :(
    Kez said:
    After that I'm not going to punish myself with a 6-hour xp grab. I'll be sitting out until the quiz. Great job! But my head hurts :(
    You have a 42 hour window to start the xp event, so after a nice cup of earl gray tomorrow, maybe you'll feel up to it!
    Also, can we talk about this?:
    The Clue:    
    (3 words and an area)
    The Answer:  disc of nocturne
    disc96449           the Disc of the Nocturne
    ????????!!
    And the XP Event is underway! Here's some last minute notes for those who haven't seen the in-game news:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4475                                     (12/10/2015 at 23:49)  
    From   : Tecton the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Y700 XP Event - Finer details
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Year 700 XP Contest starts in a few minutes, so I'm just writing a quick wrap-up of all of the details of how to participate:

* The preview post, containing most of the information is ANNOUNCE #4459.

* When the event starts, you'll be able to join the event with XPEVENT JOIN. You should only do this when you're ready to begin, as your six hour participation window timer will commence as soon as you do.

* Once you're in the event, you can XPEVENT ENTER to enter one of the new winding catacombs areas created specifically for this contest. This command is also how you will re-enter if you die, or have to leave to restock your supplies.

* Only experience gained inside the event areas will count towards your score.

* You may leave the event area at any time with XPEVENT LEAVE, which is a channelled action that requires you to be at near-full health, balance, equilibrium, and not be hindered.

* XPEVENT STATUS will show you how long you have on your participation window.

* At the end of your participation window, you will be removed from the contest area and returned to the room in which you departed from.

* Many of the creatures inside the contest area wander, and it's possible that they may be in the random room that you get teleported into, so be prepared to start fighting as soon as you enter!

* The contest area is completely free PK, you can be attacked by anyone at any time. This does not carry over to outside the area, if your foe escapes back to Sapience, you may not pursue them.

* Dying in the contest area will lock you out from rejoining for a few minutes, if you've been actively attacking other adventurers, this lockout will be longer for each adventurer killed since your last death.

* The event will conclude at the Serenade on Saturday night, that's 7pm Saturday EST, 4pm Saturday PST. Any remaining time in your participation window is forfeit at the end of the event, so plan accordingly!

* Relics and rare minerals are disabled for the duration of this Championship event. Bonuses such as the life-enhancing elixir will still work, but will not modify your score, just the final amount of experience your character receives.

Good luck and have fun! Championship points and credit prizes await the winners at the conclusion! Penned by My hand on the 18th of Lupar, in the year 700 AF.
  • edited December 2015
    It's been 10 minutes and people are dying. I'm scared of the later waves.

i'm a rebel

• *eyes deathsight* I think my furry friends have been contracted out.
  • Tecton said:
    And the XP Event is underway! Here's some last minute notes for those who haven't seen the in-game news:

The Year 700 XP Contest starts in a few minutes, so I'm just writing a quick wrap-up of all of the details of how to participate:

* When the event starts, you'll be able to join the event with XPEVENT JOIN. You should only do this when you're ready to begin, as your six hour participation window timer will commence as soon as you do.

* Once you're in the event, you can XPEVENT ENTER to enter one of the new winding catacombs areas created specifically for this contest. This command is also how you will re-enter if you die, or have to leave to restock your supplies.

* You may leave the event area at any time with XPEVENT LEAVE, which is a channelled action that requires you to be at near-full health, balance, equilibrium, and not be hindered.

* At the end of your participation window, you will be removed from the contest area and returned to the room in which you departed from.

* Many of the creatures inside the contest area wander, and it's possible that they may be in the random room that you get teleported into, so be prepared to start fighting as soon as you enter!

* The contest area is completely free PK, you can be attacked by anyone at any time. This does not carry over to outside the area, if your foe escapes back to Sapience, you may not pursue them.

* Dying in the contest area will lock you out from rejoining for a few minutes, if you've been actively attacking other adventurers, this lockout will be longer for each adventurer killed since your last death.

* The event will conclude at the Serenade on Saturday night, that's 7pm Saturday EST, 4pm Saturday PST. Any remaining time in your participation window is forfeit at the end of the event, so plan accordingly!

* Relics and rare minerals are disabled for the duration of this Championship event. Bonuses such as the life-enhancing elixir will still work, but will not modify your score, just the final amount of experience your character receives.

Good luck and have fun! Championship points and credit prizes await the winners at the conclusion! Penned by My hand on the 18th of Lupar, in the year 700 AF.
    top10?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Relics and rare minerals disabled, what about the ledolian surcoats?

Aesi said:
    Tecton said:

top10?
    Correct
  • Class act from Eleusis, raiding not an hour after the hunt starts, all our fighters inside, and I have to go pick up my kids from school (which is why I'm not in there too).

Wow. Really.

Skye said:
    Relics and rare minerals disabled, what about the ledolian surcoats?
    Nope, they still work, as do the SoW elixirs, past promotional items, and pretty much everything else!
  • Valkyn said:
    Class act from Eleusis, raiding not an hour after the hunt starts, all our fighters inside, and I have to go pick up my kids from school (which is why I'm not in there too).

Wow. Really.
    You can ignore raiders if it's a bad time.
  • You didn't all have to go in at the same time. :/
  • edited December 2015
    Rangor said:
    Valkyn said:
    Class act from Eleusis, raiding not an hour after the hunt starts, all our fighters inside, and I have to go pick up my kids from school (which is why I'm not in there too).

Wow. Really.
    You can ignore raiders if it's a bad time.
    I had to, it's not like I could stay and ignore picking up my kids. It's not fun having to leave the couple of people left to defend in there to face that.
    Tahquil said:
    You didn't all have to go in at the same time. :/
    That wasn't exactly the fault of those of us who didn't go in.

I'm not saying there weren't options, I'm saying it was a bit crap.

• Weren't people supposed to be booted from the xp hunting maze when their time's up? People are still being stuck in there, which means they can just PK other contestants with zero consequence, since the penalty won't bother them anymore.
  • There are several bugs, not least of which is the "can't leave except by death" one. Jumping from area to area seems to be possible, and despite the "wandering" thing most of mine just bottlenecked themselves into 3-4 rooms and went everywhere in huge packs (especially those wraiths, of which they were rarely seen in anything besides pairs or trios - and in the undead invasion they were boss monsters designed to be fought with a group).

Very un-fun.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Yeeeep. 

Xpevent leave doesn't work. I had to die a few times to leave for supplies... Maybe things will get fixed soon for the other contestants. Best of luck to those participating!  

• Daeir said:
    Aegoth posted a thing where 4 wraiths stacked in one room. Pretty sure together, those wraiths are collectively stronger than every other honours mob.
    I had that happen to me multiple times. Cannot kill those things more than one, maybe two at a time, and they take forever. They have a habit of spamming their regen attack, and spamming the Inhibit battlerage back at them only slows them down.

(Also, maybe not every honours mob... but most of them.)
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• Curious... do they drop figurine pieces? Or has nobody killed one yet.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited December 2015
    So uh... I haven't done my 6 hours yet. What I'm pretty much hearing about the xp event is that it's crap and it's making me kinda scared. Complaints include:

• No discernible waves, everything just seems hard. Like, hard. The overwhelmingly powerful waves were supposed to eventually reset at some point, but apparently they did not. Stuff just kept piling up and wouldn't disappear until you somehow killed them.
    • Bottlenecks are out of control as a result. Bunched up groups of denizens turtling in 2-3 rooms of complete death.
    • Supposedly you shouldn't be able to switch between areas, but someone said that certain players had somehow jumped from their designated zone to another player's zone.
    • As Alrena said, exiting is bugged. At the time up, nobody got booted. Apparently you couldn't even voluntarily leave to get fills/runes/whatever unless you went and got yourself killed first.

wtf is going on there :(

• Kez said:
    Curious... do they drop figurine pieces? Or has nobody killed one yet.
    They do.

• Leaving should work for everyone now, looks like the balance was slightly too long for people without the nimble trait.
    Makarios said:
    Leaving should work for everyone now, looks like the balance was slightly too long for people without the nimble trait.
    @Makarios
    Still doesn't work for me! (Trapped after not being auto-booted after 6 hours)
  • Alrena said:
    Weren't people supposed to be booted from the xp hunting maze when their time's up? People are still being stuck in there, which means they can just PK other contestants with zero consequence, since the penalty won't bother them anymore.
    More importantly, can they still gain points?
    No, we cannot gain points, but we still can gain XP
  • Krypton said:
    No, we cannot gain points, but we still can gain XP
    It's horrible XP, though.