Year 700!

Comments

• I assume there are still no plans to allow the morphing weapon to be customised for each weapon type?
  • Suuuuuuucks. I have plenty of credits and no gold.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Antonius said:
    I assume there are still no plans to allow the morphing weapon to be customised for each weapon type?
    Sadly, no. 
  • Sad :anguished:  was hoping to be able to escrow for plots. 

• Literally the only good thing about these auctions is that they've caused credit prices to drop temporarily.

@Trey If any of those are unbound credits, I'm in the market to buy a load (up to 774) at 6k per.

• Are there credit auctions coming or is this it?

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    edited December 2015
    The auctions, as requested:

Id  Status Max/Min      Title                          Winner     Days Left
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    1   OPEN   ---/700500   Delosian Shop                  ---                7
    2   OPEN   ---/700500   Housing Plot - Artist's Collec ---                7
    3   OPEN   ---/300500   Housing Plot - Lake Vundamere  ---                7
    4   OPEN   ---/500500   Morphing Level 3 Weapon        ---                7
    5   OPEN   ---/100500   Full Language Fluency          ---                7
    6   OPEN   ---/300000   Custom Dragon -or- Viridian De ---                7
    7   OPEN   ---/750500   Talisman Piece Of The Winner's ---                7
    8   OPEN   ---/2500000  Shield of Absorption w/ Custom ---                7
    9   OPEN   ---/5000000  Lupine Bow w/ Custom Descripti ---                7
    10  OPEN   ---/125000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    11  OPEN   ---/125000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    12  OPEN   ---/125000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    13  OPEN   ---/125000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    14  OPEN   ---/125000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    15  OPEN   ---/125000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    16  OPEN   ---/100000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    17  OPEN   ---/100000   Logosmas Stocking              ---                7
    18  OPEN   ---/120500   Fancy Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    19  OPEN   ---/100500   Fancy Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    20  OPEN   ---/101500   Fancy Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    21  OPEN   ---/100500   Fancy Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    22  OPEN   ---/150000   Grand Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    23  OPEN   ---/150500   Grand Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    24  OPEN   ---/150500   Grand Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    25  OPEN   ---/300500   Grand Logosmas Stocking        ---                7
    26  OPEN   ---/600000   Golden Extravagant Stocking    ---                7
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    (Artists Collective is up in the tundra, the tradepost area)

• Everyone is going to liquidate their credits for this and the losers will drive the price of credits right back up.  Pretty sad that there is not a single auction that is credit based. In the past, there has always been a fairly even split.  As someone that was banking on the better items going for credits, color me unimpressed.  Really hoping there will be am identical copy over of all the items for a credit value as well. .
  • I'm pretty disappointed, to say the least. Not a single credit auction, nothing cool like a custom deathsight or entrance message, more than half the items just being stockings. Really not seeing why we needed to wait an extra 24 hours for this either.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't like gold auctions solely because any time you're outbid, the gold goes back into the bank and you gradually lose it all when you keep having to withdraw it again with the fees.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I don't like gold auctions solely because any time you're outbid, the gold goes back into the bank and you gradually lose it all when you keep having to withdraw it again with the fees.
    as @antonius taught me, withdraw the balance from your bank and it goes back to your inventory.
  • Aesi said:
    Kyrra said:
    as @antonius taught me, withdraw the balance from your bank and it goes back to your inventory.
    While generally that isn't a problem, there have been several cases of people losing large sums of gold due to an auto return function. I've even heard of players outbidding people on purpose when they are in a gankable position then trying to gank them. Not sure if that's true or not, but I could see it happening.

Would be nice if they turned off the bank fees during gold auctions.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Aesi said:
    Kyrra said:
    The other problem with this is that some of us mine, and have to have gold in our bank account.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Any chance we could get an RPS tournament added to the itinerary (not for champion points obviously)? Gives something everyone can participate in.
  • Melodie said:
    Aesi said:
    Kyrra said:
    The other problem with this is that some of us mine, and have to have gold in our bank account.
    Ah fair enough.
  • Is the auction language learning for any language (e.g. Vertani and other currently non-learnable languages), or just for the regularly available ones?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• ** Summary for Auction #5 **********************************************
    Title:                                       (Days until closing: 7)
         Full Language Fluency
    Prize:
         Full fluency in a language of the winner's choosing.
         Language must be one that is normally available to be learned by
         them. This does not increase the cost of the next regular
         language learning session.
    Current bid:
         201500 golden sovereigns.

• Can confirm, no Vertani.
    Antonius said:
     Really not seeing why we needed to wait an extra 24 hours for this either.
    That was nothing to do with the auctions, I just had some matters come up that took me away from the computer for a few hours yesterday! 
  • edited December 2015
    @Tecton any word on whether it's possible to remove bank fees for the auction duration? The amount you can lose bidding on auctions this way is huge, and it puts miners in a rough spot especially.

Or maybe make it so auctions can pull straight from the bank without withdrawing?

• Considering there's precedence with previous auctions, I applaud the decision to not severely devalue someone else's purchase.

• Anything is theoretically possible to do with the game, they can code it to do whatever they want. They clearly have a desired level of oversight in terms of admin approval of descriptions that is being exceeded in that regard. Honestly though, I could see a middle ground being reached where you could pay, say, the same custom cost as a minipet description change?

• edited December 2015
    Has there been precedent with Viridian before? I was super disappointed with that one as well, but at least there's been dragon desc auctions before, if we've now given Viridian auction precedent I'm going to be super frustrated.

Hopefully a dragon will get the thing and at least we can pray for half of it can be turned into interesting functionality for the game world.

• edited December 2015
     @Tecton Is the custom dragonform/viridian description only if somebody actually uses LOOK, or will it also apply to QL when in the same room?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Idea:
    BID howmany ON auction number <from bankcity>
    eg., BID 100000 ON 6 FROM CYRENE

BID INCREASE <amount> on <auction> <from bankcity>
    eg., BID INCREASE 20000 ON 6 FROM HASHAN

Gotta have the funds in that city's bankaccount, and if the bid or increase are successful, the money withdraws sans fees. When you're outbid, the money deposits back.

• edited December 2015
    So two (or more) things;
    1. Wanted to pipe in with an additional voice requesting some sort of credit auction
    2. Does the morphing weapon also morph in to a blademaster band, because I think it should!
    3. When does lottery 24 get drawn?
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Oh yeah, is white dragon  possible at all with the custom dragon desc since white dragons do exist?

As for auctions... I think some more hunting arties or combat arties should've been added in for the PKers and hunters. They are the groups usually with a lot of gold/credits laying around to spend, could've pulled more out of the market with that.

Also would've been neat to add in custom voice, and custom enter/exit.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• The morphing weapon does not morph into a BM band, and isn't capable of doing so regardless of whether it makes sense or not (imo it doesn't, the band is not a weapon by itself).

Nylian said:
    So two (or more) things;
    1. Wanted to pipe in with an additional voice requesting some sort of credit auction
    2. Does the morphing weapon also morph in to a blademaster band, because I think it should!
    3. When does lottery 24 get drawn?
    1) Noted.
    2) No, just melee weapons.
    3) 14th!