Year 700!

Comments

• Or on islands? Also very curious to hear the answer!

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    HELP TREASURE HUNT says mainland Sapience, which usually means the parts reachable without travelling through the wilderness, so Tundra and islands would not be included

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Klendathu Ah ok, thanks! [wonders if Klendathu was the Tundra all to himself]
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The ~ before the time pretty clearly suggested the Treasure Hunt was meant to start right at the turn of Y700, whatever specific time that ended up being
  • That wasn't clear at all!

• Valkyn said:
    I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with the idea to start ten minutes (or more) early. Bit rough for those of us in other timezones who were making time out of our day to stop in for the treasure hunt, and ended up missing more than half of it.
    Well, it started at the beginning of year 700. The IG day change doesn't exactly line up with the IRL hour, which is why they give approximate times. A more explicit warning that it could be a bit early would probably be good, though.
  • Krypton said:
    The ~ before the time pretty clearly suggested the Treasure Hunt was meant to start right at the turn of Y700, whatever specific time that ended up being
    Eh, clear if you've been around for a few of these things, but easy enough to misinterpret if you haven't.
  • What's up with giftbag arties not having the person's mark? If my gem resets I'll be sad :(
  • It really wasn't clear at all. I had assumed the ~ meant the admin weren't sure if the could start it on time so they gave themselves a generous leeway towards the errors with codes or placing the bags.

~15 minutes early sucks. This was the event I think a lot of people were looking forward to but organised windows of time to attend around 2300. Next time include (turn of the year) next to it?

As someone joked "You probably had to buy a bunch of grand stockings for them to email you the actual start time."
  • If you're familiar with IC to RL date conversions, you'll know that they're not perfect and that they get more accurate the closer you get to the IC date. ~2300 GMT was likely the best estimate at the time the post was written, and would have gotten more accurate the closer we actually got to the year change. The wording on the post also seems (to me) to make it clear that things kick off as soon as the year changes: "At this stage, we're looking at December 2nd at around 2300 GMT for the turning of the year and the commencement of the celebrations!"

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Gamden, my friends, and I all thought it was starting on the hour, not minutes sooner.

On another note... PLEASE make the Y700 drinks available for purchase in the Shop of Wonders. Some of these are just fantastic. I want them.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I'm familiar with IC-RL date conversion, but I assumed it was as Tahquil said, an allowance for issues and they wouldn't start a big event earlier than the given time. I know several other people who were caught out by the 'early' start and very surprised, many newer players, granted. 

I was referring to the short time for the hunt not the start of the event. If that had said 23:00 GMT (or near, at the start of the year) I would have thought it was as it turned out, but it wasn't that clear.

Yeah since Serenade is at 4pm PST / 7pm EST I was thinking 23:00 GMT for the treasure hunt meant 1 hr prior to serenade. My mistake though.

Since the Festivities Annex has city pride things, does that mean each city won't have its own denizen like it did in the past selling items?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    We've consolidated those into the main festivities annex for Y700.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Any of these going to be held later in the evenings, aside from the CTF? I keep missing all of the fun as a result of having to be a responsible adult. 

• Kresslack said:
    Any of these going to be held later in the evenings, aside from the CTF? I keep missing all of the fun as a result of having to be a responsible adult. 
    Looking at the event times and seeing so many of them on somewhere between 3-8AM (Australian time) is somewhat depressing. :(
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarathai said:
    Kresslack said:
    Looking at the event times and seeing so many of them on somewhere between 3-8AM (Australian time) is somewhat depressing. :(
    Apart from a lot of shopping, I'm pretty much skipping Y700 because I just can't be around when most of the events are held. At least there's the option to participate in the hunt but it makes me a bit sad compared to how much fun I had in the Y600 games.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    Kresslack said:
    Apart from a lot of shopping, I'm pretty much skipping Y700 because I just can't be around when most of the events are held. At least there's the option to participate in the hunt but it makes me a bit sad compared to how much fun I had in the Y600 games.
    I looked at the announce on the first day and was pretty disappointed. I think I can be here the drinking contest...
  • Good luck to everyone in the Twin spar today.

I wanted to get the day off but we are down some employees and I'm working stupid amounts of OT as it is
  • Twins is tomorrow...

December 5:
    • 0300 GMT - Drinking Contest
    • 1700 GMT - Twins Combat Tourney (** Championship Event **)
    Currently: December 4, 1550 GMT
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Twins is tomorrow...

December 5:
    • 0300 GMT - Drinking Contest
    • 1700 GMT - Twins Combat Tourney (** Championship Event **)
    Currently: December 4, 1550 GMT
    This is what happens when you work 12-14 hour work days. It all blends together.

thanks man
  • Aesi said:
    Good luck to everyone in the Twin spar today.

I wanted to get the day off but we are down some employees and I'm working stupid amounts of OT as it is

I feel your pain right now. Missing the fun stuff!

Good luck to everyone out there though! Especially you new people that haven't seen these before. Lots of awesome stuff every year.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • So sad I'm missing twins.
  • Morthif said:
    So sad I'm missing twins.
    I told ya what to do.  Beg @Seragorn and promise to whore healing while he does his thing.  Piety and tentacles, oh my! 
  • Austere said:
    Morthif said:
    So sad I'm missing twins.
    I told ya what to do.  Beg @Seragorn and promise to whore healing while he does his thing.  Piety and tentacles, oh my! 
    Working
  • edited December 2015
    are the ashtani totems still about?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Poor @Kyrra, so many deaths incoming! (just kidding - yes, they're gone)