Year 700!

Comments

• For how long does the treasurehunt last?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Until all of the bags are found!
    In the first of the articles on our new championship events, we'll be covering the XP event!

Traditionally, the XP event was a 24 hour bash-fest across Sapience, leaving nothing but battered corpses and empty villages in its wake. For Year 700, we're doing things a little differently! During the 48 hour event, you will have a six hour window in one of four new areas to amass the highest possible score! 

Each of these new areas is filled with endless waves of creatures, who will continuously spawn in groups, filling the area with a variety of nasty villains to slay. The waves will get continually more difficult as they're vanquished, until the highest difficulty creatures are dispatched. Should they prove too strong for you and the rest of the participants in your area, you have the option of waiting for the waves to reset, which will eat some of your precious time. If you're brave enough to conquer the final wave, the reset will happen immediately, allowing you to continue to amass points.

Your window will commence the first time you join the event, and run in a single, continuous block until your time expires, or the end of the event (23:59 GMT on Sunday). This will allow you to participate at a time that works best for you, whatever your timezone!

The area you transported to is assigned at random at the beginning of the event, and you will be locked into that for the duration of your time window. Each of these areas are entirely isolated from the others, meaning abilities and artefacts for transport or attacks will not work between them.

Experience loss and PK experience gain are disabled during the event, and while inside the new areas, all participants can be freely attacked by any other adventurer(*). Dying inside the contest area will put you immediately in the prayer sequence and activate a five minute timer until you can rejoin the action. Player kills are not worth any points, so chose your activities inside the contest zone wisely.

(*) We encourage healthy competition, so in order to prevent anyone going overboard, you'll receive a stacking debuff each time you kill another adventurer. This effect will increase the time until you can rejoin the event after you've been slain. This effect is cleared when you die.
  • Assuming relics will be lost when you enter the competition area?
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Correct. Relics will be disabled during all of the championship events.
    And since I've had many people enquire: XP boosts from elixirs, elite, rare minerals etc. will work during the event, but will not influence your score.
  • So we still get 2x exp for the weekend?

• edited November 2015
    wasn't interested in the xp event at all but this setup looks like it could be fun. Great idea to transform it from a 48 hour endurance event to a 6 hour bashing challenge. I expect a lot of people will more seriously give it a go and it really opens the field up for a lot more people to have a chance at placing as well! the random placement and area setup sounds awesome too.

big ups to @Tecton and the entire crew for this event.
  • Is @Draekar going to be the next Champion, the Lord of the Crossing, the next Achaean to bear the Staff of Nicator?

Or will it be you?!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Tecton said:
    Experience loss and PK experience gain are disabled during the event
    ALL experience loss is disabled? And only within the 4 hunting areas, or globally for 48 hours?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited November 2015
    edit: nvm it's random for flavour. But still I'm curious how non-dragon participants will handle this, or if this is gonna inadvertently lock out any under 90s from real participation.

• If it was based on Great Hunt tier (i.e. your level) it wouldn't be randomly assigned at the start of the event. Seems like the intention is to stop an entire city banding together to help a single person win, since you won't all be able to get into the same area.
  • Did we actually bash for 48 hours last time? It felt like 24 to me.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Tecton said:
    Traditionally, the XP event was a 24 hour bash-fest across Sapience, leaving nothing but battered corpses and empty villages in its wake. For Year 700, we're doing things a little differently! During the 48 hour event, you will have a six hour window in one of four new areas to amass the highest possible score!

Skye said:
    edit: nvm it's random for flavour. But still I'm curious how non-dragon participants will handle this, or if this is gonna inadvertently lock out any under 90s from real participation.
    There's some lower-level stuff in the initial tiers, but as it scales up in the later waves, you'll either have to think outside the box in order to survive and continue to gain points. 
  • Lorielan said:
    Is @Draekar going to be the next Champion, the Lord of the Crossing, the next Achaean to bear the Staff of Nicator?

Or will it be you?!
    Here I am taking a coffee break and reading the forums and this legit made me spit my coffee out and lol

I wish I could play enough (read well enough) to be in contention. I enjoy just being present in Achaea for the fun, and this really looks like it will be great fun for everyone who competes. 

I don't know who is going to take this overall championship out, I think it is as available as it has ever been for your average player to give it a go!

I can't wait to see how it all pans out.
  • Will there be a year 700 Lottery too?

• @Tecton: Are rare minerals going to work for events like the Twins Tournament and such?
    Aegoth said:
    @Tecton: Are rare minerals going to work for events like the Twins Tournament and such?
    Nope, like relics, they'll be disabled for the championship events.

Gamden said:
    Will there be a year 700 Lottery too?
    Indeed!
  • Tecton said:

Gamden said:
    Indeed!
    What about an auction!? Please say yes.  With lots of cool stuff I can't afford 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Austere said:
    Tecton said:

Gamden said:
    Indeed!
    What about an auction!? Please say yes.  With lots of cool stuff I can't afford 
    Land auction?? And bound credits work for auctions, right? Which is why auction escrow build is a thing?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I love auction escrow build. Auctions are so nom.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited December 2015
    Lorielan said:
    Is @Draekar going to be the next Champion, the Lord of the Crossing, the next Achaean to bear the Staff of Nicator?

Or will it be you?!
    To quote a great lady, "No," no it will not.

ETA: still going to be great though! Thanks, Garden.
    Tvistor said:
    Achievement Unlocked : Made A God Feel Guilty.
  • @tecton about the hunt, can we go home for supplies? Like refills?
  • You'll be outside if you die until you go back in after the mandatory delay.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Dochitha said:
    @tecton about the hunt, can we go home for supplies? Like refills?
    Yes, you can leave the area naturally, and it does not incur the penalty you would get if you were to die.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Tecton any auctions?
  • edited December 2015
    Time to start training for the 750! Most of the big events for the 700 are during the day on a Monday in my timezone, but ah well can't suit everyone. Maybe I'll be able to actually fight properly by 750. :proud:

Just disappointed I'll miss the ship race, but there's always next year.

• @Tecton Can items show up north such as the tundra for the treasurehunt?