Player Pics

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Rispok said:
    Sarathai said:
    The inscription there reads Sarapis (if you look at the Greek text you'll note it's using an alpha, versus an epsilon). Generally the difference is, from memory, between the use of Ionian (Attic) Greek versus Doric Greek.
    The text accompanying the votive is in modern Greek, so all bets are off as to the original.

Also ionic and attic are different
    Attic and Ionic are much closer to each other than Doric, though. Easier to read (for me anyway, excepting Thucydides).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Rispok said:
    Sarathai said:
    The inscription there reads Sarapis (if you look at the Greek text you'll note it's using an alpha, versus an epsilon). Generally the difference is, from memory, between the use of Ionian (Attic) Greek versus Doric Greek.
    The text accompanying the votive is in modern Greek, so all bets are off as to the original.

Also ionic and attic are different
    Attic and Ionic are much closer to each other than Doric, though. Easier to read (for me anyway, excepting Thucydides).
    All dialects are marked by quantitative and qualitative vowel metathesis and a few conconental grade shifts (σ τ etc) that become normal after exposure. Glad there is another person dumb enough to have studied Ancient Greek though! Thucydides is hard for me because of his conditional statement structures and unbearable use of μεν...δε
  • Talk history to me baby(s).
  • Rispok said:

Some pictures proving @Sarapis is an ancient divinity
    Was this at the museum in Thessaloniki @Rispok? Saw something similar to this, and many other Achaean deities but my phone was dead so couldn't take pictures. (Sorry @Artemis, to be fair your statue was missing a head so you're not missing much!)
  • edited November 2016
    Aesgar said:
    Rispok said:

Some pictures proving @Sarapis is an ancient divinity
    Was this at the museum in Thessaloniki @Rispok? Saw something similar to this, and many other Achaean deities but my phone was dead so couldn't take pictures. (Sorry @Artemis, to be fair your statue was missing a head so you're not missing much!)
    Thes museum of archaeology, yep!
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Vender said:
    my current desktop situation

can someone please tell me how to make my images not go sideways?
    121bpm? House-y?

• did 90 bpm stuff in the past, currently working around 130 bpm, garage
    spread positivity
  • edited November 2016
    Skin cancer op. Besides being slathered in sunscreen, I was probs wearing a shirt of sorts plus hat

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Skin cancer op. Besides being slathered in sunscreen, I was probs wearing a shirt of sorts plus hat
    Where abouts in AUS did you visit?
  • Lots of Western Australia.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited November 2016
    Is that wombat dropbear meat I see?
    So you basically skipped all the good bits
    You were on the wrong side of the country!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Was really fun driving through the "raw"-er part of Australia though (also had to cut spending from gambling on/selling risky biopharma options). Plus main reason was to visit my sis before she pops out her 2nd kid soon.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Mishgul said:
    Aesgar said:
    @Carmain This just made my day. (Basically a text-based player pic to match the ones you have posted)

Waseem tells you, "//I'm not Carmain. Check out my sweet description though."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He is a human that stands approximately six feet tall. A very hairy man, his face is adorned with a
    short yet thick, black beard and thick, bushy eyebrows. His silky smooth skin has a light caramel
    complexion. Black hair kept short and neatly off his forehead meets his thick beard, ajoined by
    kempt sideburns. He is of an average build and muscle tone, not showing any prominent qualities of
    superior athleticism.
    I have not met this man and I do not know whether to feel honoured or terrified.
    No time like the present, he's probably outside your window, staring in, right now...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Hirst said:

Movie & margarita/white russian/screwdriver/bourbon night with my roommates. Good stuff!
    (T)Hirst

• This is me.  Know it.
  • edited December 2016
    Dwalin?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Dwalin?
    I laughed a lot harder than I should have. Thank you.
    Huh. Neat.