OOC Raves

Comments

• YEEEEEEAH!!!! MESSI !!!

So happy for Argentina, but man, Messi finally got the Copa. Amazing.

• And tomorrow we get to watch England cry.

• Called it. Good game, though. Maybe next time don't wait until the last 2 minutes to bring on two fresh attackers who proceed to miss their penalties, though?

Ah, I'm sure the World Cup will be their year.

• edited July 2021

I don't understand how you follow that game up with a Mexico/Trinidad game. GTFOH.

I lol'd in the 55' when Neymar's floppy ass was in the box, took a soft touch of the ball, spun around and fell with defenders like 3ft away.

And was in disbelief when Messi messed up dribbling into the goal (89'?).

I hoped that England would win but.... I missed the dame game. Can't convert RL times either.

• Spent the day drinking beer at an arena roping event, I'm sunburned, smell like horse.

My brother in law and father in law won third place in the roping trials and won 5,000.00 though.

Then wen't and did a drunk costco trip.

Overall good weekend.

• Booking my CotA hotel late SUCKS. Have fun bro. I would love to do the Silverstone visit..lucky SOBriquet.

• Let me know if you ever come over for it, I'll come with you. Could probably get in on a carers ticket.... ;)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • haha. Those wheelchair seats are extra spacious!

• 2 months into my 6 month certification process. Now I have a 3 day window to try and work on remodeling my master bathroom that the contractors fucked up so badly 2 years ago. Ripping it all out to the studs and slab, myself, starting w the shower. Will be awesome when it is done. Would be nicer if my prosthetist had a clue and made my socket so it fit instead of hurting more. That is a fight for tomorrow morning though.

• edited July 2021

In May, I got kinda roped into coming to this concert/event this weekend. I didnt really want to go because I hate cities and crowds, and my only connection to the guy asking me was the military brotherhood (I mean... tge guy was Chair Force FFS) and a small amount of LEO stuff...but so far it has been pretty cool and Ive met a who's who of state and federal contractors, vets, LEOs from around the country, just a bevvy of pretty cool people. I might even join their MC before this weekend is out, and tomorrow I get to go outshoot a guy from the clusterfuck of Benghazi. Not too shabby. Im glad I decided to play the social butterfly despite my leg being a little whorebag.

• Ha. tons of stuff going on and dealing w a slight case of the 'rona... but life always has small pleasures. Watching our puppy chase butterflies and dragonflies through the yard is pretty damn cute.

• @Caelan which MC? Stumps of Anarchy?

( <3 )

• LOL. Good one.

Hell's Mangleds.

(Actually they were the Shadow Warrior Riders MC, mostly from TX and FL. It was a pretty fun event and Im glad I went.)

• My daughter made this for me 😊

• Approved for apartment in another state and just put in the 30 days notice! Totally excited and not at all stressing over all the things that need to be done :D

• Moved into new place, and now have two new house plants, Jeremy and Yelchin.

• @Cooper will you be reintroducing wine?

• Honestly, probably not. I will definitely test if it gives me headaches & migraines (it could be that alcohol makes the BVD worse, I'm not sure and I didn't think to ask the doctor when I was there) - if it doesn't, I'll probably have a glass here or there.

• @Cooper Texas meetup 2021 yeehaw

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria

Started going to the gym regularly. Motivation is high, so I am hoping I can manage to make a habit of this.

• Don’t rely on motivation. Focus on making gradual, SUSTAINABLE habits over time! Also don’t buy into the “move more, eat less” cardio-maniac thing. You’ll lose weight, sure, but half of that weight is gonna be muscle. Work on actions that’ll change your body composition to boost your metabolism instead. Also, make sure you -enjoy- your workouts :) Good luck, and if you need some help, hit me up

• It could be the type of wine you were drinking too. I'm no wine expert but a girl I dated said that different sulfur levels in different wines can make for some interesting problems. She demonstrated it by having a couple different wines in the apartment, one that was high in them that gave me headaches and two that were less which did not. Might be something worth looking at if you liked wine and want to bring it back.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited October 2021

Thanks a lot @Aegoth! I appreciate the encouragement, well wishes, and advice. I definitely agree that I won't be able to rely solely on motivation, and that building sustainable habits is key. I twice did 12 week online PT "home gym training" during covid-19, and every time I ended up breaking the habit after the 12 weeks, mainly because I didn't have the accountability anymore.

So far I find it easier to build a habit in the gym though, in part because of all the awesome equipment, but also because I don't have to compete for space with family in our apartment. I also genuinely find myself enjoying it - and part of that is doing no cardio for now. Already have some of the right tweaks/mindsets you were advising. Definitely open for more help though, so will keep that in mind.