OOC Raves

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Caelan said:
    Surgery scheduled for Wednesday..  should be the final surgery and then I just need to get periodic checks to make sure the cancer isnt back.  Pretty stoked.  

I better be out of the hospital by Saturday though because I need to run a load of housewares to Florida.  But still... I'm almost back to 100%.

• Lol!  TIMMEH!!

• What is that disgusting thing behind you?

Oh, nvm... NYC. :-)

You will never guess what I had for dinner!!

• edited June 2020
    Had my reversal surgery (ileostomy due to cancer surgery in Feb). Hospital for 4 days but "normal" now.  The day after I left the hospital I drove my new truck to Florida with an open packed wound... that was fun.. so my wife can live there and start her new job and my youngest can start college.

Drove back and work gave me guff about COVID and told me not to come in for a week (despite a negative test, surgery, and then never leaving my house/vehicle for a week) so Im using that as time to try and finish packing up the CT house, put my resume out there to the FL police departments, and basically list EVERYTHING in my house to sell so I don't have to move it.  Busy, especially since I can't lift more than 10lbs for 6 weeks but I will have my oldest here to help. Yut! WORKIN PARTY... I NEED 1 BODY.

• New episode of Critical Role starts in six minutes!!!!!!! I AM SO FRIGGEN PUMPED!!!
  • Aegoth said:
    Getting rid of the Covid Mullet. Before and after shots. Phone isn't putting them in order though

You lookin' fly AF Magi Daddy. I still have to make an appointment to get mine done, but I've been tempted to just buzz it off. My hair gets to a point when I'm like "okay you need to fucking go now"

• Finally finished moving stuff to new place, cleaned old place, looking for new laptop, super tired. So so tired... But, going from a studio to a 1 bedroom apt is GREAT. omg, separate living spaces and finally can have a couch!!
  • Planning my great escape from CT.

Just had a Zoom interview with a sort-of local (45 minute drive) PD down in Florida and I think it went quite well, but it is a different aspect of forensics and criminal analysis so I will have to wait a couple weeks and see. Plus side, the lieutenant interviewing me came up in the ICAC and digital forensics side too so he knows the level of analysis needed..  worst case, I don't get hired for this, but he keeps me in mind for the digital forensics side.  Either way, blowing this shithole..

• Caelan said:
    Planning my great escape from CT.

Just had a Zoom interview with a sort-of local (45 minute drive) PD down in Florida and I think it went quite well, but it is a different aspect of forensics and criminal analysis so I will have to wait a couple weeks and see. Plus side, the lieutenant interviewing me came up in the ICAC and digital forensics side too so he knows the level of analysis needed..  worst case, I don't get hired for this, but he keeps me in mind for the digital forensics side.  Either way, blowing this shithole..
    Is it just CT you hate or New England as a whole?  I’d love to move south eventually as well.  Coastal VA has a ton of jobs in my field.  My wife could get a job anywhere.  I wanted to be out of NE this year, super depressed I’m going to be up here for another winter.  At least I’ll get some good riding in before the snow flies.
  • I was born and raised in CT.  Lived there my whole life except 7 of my 11 years in the USMC.  The state has changed and the politics is garbage. The state and local government is just trying like hell to tax and stop any fun you can have while also never kissing an opportunity to fuck people over so..  it is mostly just CT, but I hear VT and MA are similar.  My wife hates snow so.. we bought a house in FL and are happy to get out of CT.

• I don’t even like driving through Massachusetts.  My sister in law and her husband live there and love it, live right outside Boston, and are some of the most liberal people I’ve ever met.  
  • Sarfir said:
    I don’t even like driving through Massachusetts.  My sister in law and her husband live there and love it, live right outside Boston, and are some of the most liberal people I’ve ever met.  
    *blech*  Western MA isnt terrible and I have a few buddies up that way just outside of Beantown. Alot of the small towns around there aren't so obnoxious.  I hate cities anyway though, so they could be the least liberal city and I still wouldn't like it. 

• I used to live right on the western border of Massachusetts when I lived in New York.  Schodack/Nassau area.  You could leave my apartment and get on I90 East right across the road and be there in minutes.  A huge group of us would go to Pittsfield quite often.
  • Due to internet issues and VPN stuff, I haven't been able to login for a while, but I'm often thinking of Achaea. A new creative writing class to which I was assigned made me particularly think that this could be a good scholastic resource.

In other news, class began this week, and I hope for the best.

• Last session of DnD the group entered a mansion to find a girl but ended up killing the captors instead of restraining them. We were all pretty drunk and had a great time.

This session we are getting interrogated by the guard captain and noone has matching stories and it is amazing. It really is the best time to hold this kibda session.
  • Best line so far has been delivered by the quiet dude.
    Guard : You were a prisoner before this?
    Ares : Yes, but it wasn't my choice.
  • Don't worry! The smoke will clear in time for you to be sideswiped by snow, and some of the smoke is totally from you guys, CO had it's biggest fire in recorded history! It's made its way here to the Black Hills, and Wyoming. Colorado is pretty great though. May have to get people together in Denver when the world hasn't lost its mind anymore.
  • Tahquil said:
    I've been really shitty for a time now. First real winter, isolation well jesus christ the medication changes. I've bounced between depression, akathasia, and dopamine overloads which has made life miserable.

I had a good day day and I want to rave about little interactions I've had that make me feel better even if they were off-hand and not that important.

@Austere got me off my little slice of exile island. @Zulah will always be my first captain. @Draqoom just for being a bud. @mezghar I guess you no longer owe me... also the work done with Hashan is astounding and I'm enjoying my time there. @Accipiter for old people gripes. @Elyra for tea and a handful of others I cant recall but thanks.

It's greatly appreciated. <3
    @Tahquil best deepsea diving/fishing partner. I do miss those days! <3