Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

OOC Raves

1278279280281282284»

Comments

  • AyaniAyani Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tahquil said:
    Is that knit or crochet?
    Crochet! I'm actually really bad at knitting. It feels so slow and awkward to me. I think it's probably a matter of practice. So I have hope that one day I'll figure it out. 
    MishgulSkyeCailinAnaidiana
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,340 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dang. That pattern is really nice and I was going to try and smooze a copy of it from you.
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,340 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 14
    On to the last third of a knitting project I challenged myself to complete. There is a lot of lerarning going on.
    CailinTrillianaAnaidiana
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,366 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Into part 2 of my 3 part hectic August. Having just had a week in Austin and another in LA for holiday, I was home for 2 days and now currently in the Venetian in Vegas for a conference. 4 days after I get back I'm.off to Belgium for the Formula 1. Sounded a good idea at the time, but this conference slap bang  in the middle is taking its toll on body clock. Still, Vegas never sleeps, right....?
    image
  • PuxiPuxi Member Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sobriquet said:
    Into part 2 of my 3 part hectic August. Having just had a week in Austin and another in LA for holiday, I was home for 2 days and now currently in the Venetian in Vegas for a conference. 4 days after I get back I'm.off to Belgium for the Formula 1. Sounded a good idea at the time, but this conference slap bang  in the middle is taking its toll on body clock. Still, Vegas never sleeps, right....?
    You probably should be at one of those Sunday Pools where everyone is getting wasted. Get out of your hotel room!
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,366 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Currently putting Casino losses on expenses ;)
    image
    PuxiCaelanTasus
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,533 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sunday pool parties are awesome, Kaos ftw
    image
    Puxi
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,366 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The Shelby museum was pretty awesome too. Sleak lines of a different kind ;)
    image
    Caelan
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,880 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    Been trying to see Def Leppard for 20 years and never had the chance, seems they are playing tonight 15 minutes from.my hotel. Fuck yes. 
    I got to hang out backstage with them, Poison, and Cheap Trick.  That was a pretty fun night and an amazing show. I have to give it to Lep...  they put on a much better show than I ever expected.  Enjoy the hell out of it, bro. 

    Sobriquet
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,366 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Been trying to see Def Leppard for 20 years and never had the chance, seems they are playing tonight 15 minutes from.my hotel. Fuck yes. 
    I got to hang out backstage with them, Poison, and Cheap Trick.  That was a pretty fun night and an amazing show. I have to give it to Lep...  they put on a much better show than I ever expected.  Enjoy the hell out of it, bro. 
    That's awesome!. They blew me away, teenage me wokld have been very proud!. I worked out about halfway through that this actually  completed my teenage me music bucket list. I made it with a friend who recently passed away so this seems.extra special. 


    image
    CaelanZekriol
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,880 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Been trying to see Def Leppard for 20 years and never had the chance, seems they are playing tonight 15 minutes from.my hotel. Fuck yes. 
    I got to hang out backstage with them, Poison, and Cheap Trick.  That was a pretty fun night and an amazing show. I have to give it to Lep...  they put on a much better show than I ever expected.  Enjoy the hell out of it, bro. 
    That's awesome!. They blew me away, teenage me wokld have been very proud!. I worked out about halfway through that this actually  completed my teenage me music bucket list. I made it with a friend who recently passed away so this seems.extra special. 


    That even cooler, if not a bit bittersweet. Glad to hear you got it checked off though.  Sounds like they are still great live.

    Sobriquet
  • NumiraNumira Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So I just found out who Chris Bourassa is this week and I am hardcore fangirling over his work. Also half the links to his older stuff are dead so if anybody knows where I can find Died Again, you should let me know. 
    Iohanna
  • DarktalonDarktalon Member Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Been running a fundraiser for my daughter to get a service dog/seizure alert dog. She was born handicapped and has had seizures and other problems since birth. Actually been in the hospital all this week because of them, not that is meant to be rave worthy. Anyway, found out this morning that someones company is going to donate 5k dollars to it, more than doubling what we have raised so far out of the 17k needed. An employee there had lost her daughter earlier in the year and she told them to donate to us when they offered to meet their employees contributions to charities, in her daughter's memory.

    I am shocked that there are people who will reach out to strangers like this and be so kind and generous, especially when grieving their own loses. Made my terrible week so much brighter and just am thrilled that there are good people.
    JadysTahquilNumiraSobriquet
Sign In to Comment.