OOC Raves

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sunday pool parties are awesome, Kaos ftw
  • The Shelby museum was pretty awesome too. Sleak lines of a different kind ;)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Been trying to see Def Leppard for 20 years and never had the chance, seems they are playing tonight 15 minutes from.my hotel. Fuck yes. 
    I got to hang out backstage with them, Poison, and Cheap Trick.  That was a pretty fun night and an amazing show. I have to give it to Lep...  they put on a much better show than I ever expected.  Enjoy the hell out of it, bro. 

• Caelan said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Been trying to see Def Leppard for 20 years and never had the chance, seems they are playing tonight 15 minutes from.my hotel. Fuck yes. 
    I got to hang out backstage with them, Poison, and Cheap Trick.  That was a pretty fun night and an amazing show. I have to give it to Lep...  they put on a much better show than I ever expected.  Enjoy the hell out of it, bro. 
    That's awesome!. They blew me away, teenage me wokld have been very proud!. I worked out about halfway through that this actually  completed my teenage me music bucket list. I made it with a friend who recently passed away so this seems.extra special. 

• Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    Sobriquet said:
    That's awesome!. They blew me away, teenage me wokld have been very proud!. I worked out about halfway through that this actually  completed my teenage me music bucket list. I made it with a friend who recently passed away so this seems.extra special. 

That even cooler, if not a bit bittersweet. Glad to hear you got it checked off though.  Sounds like they are still great live.

• So I just found out who Chris Bourassa is this week and I am hardcore fangirling over his work. Also half the links to his older stuff are dead so if anybody knows where I can find Died Again, you should let me know. 
  • Meet with my Oncologist tomorrow to plan how to fark cancer in the icehole (#Joh nyDangerously). 

Tonight, KNOTFEST with my youngest. Behemoth, Gojira, the goddamn Danes from Volbeat are up now and killing it (saw them open for Metallica before they took off.  So much better live). Then Slipknot.  

• Caelan said:
    Then Slipknot.  
    IOWA REPRESENT!!!

• I don’t think I have ever seen so much enthusiasm involving the word “Iowa”.
  • I have to say.. those corn-fed motherfuckers can put on a show. That was awesome.  Almost made up for me missing them on Ozzfest 20 years ago in the same ampitheater. A solid 2 hours and they sounded great. \m/   You would think everyone there was from Iowa.   

My son even got a pick that two drunk dudes couldnt find. Should be a 17th birthday present he remembers for a while. 2 rows behind the pit at his favorite band. He just didnt get in the pit, but he did at Hatebreed so that was awesome to see.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2019
    Finished binge watching season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale.

Despite the actual (and acute) horror of the show, there's just something absolutely entrancing about watching June face the worst and come out the other end. She might be fucked up, she might have breakdowns, she might (and does) make awful decisions, but she still always reaches out to the humanity in us in the end, and it's inspiring, both as a real person and as someone who plays a character who is similarly very broken.

I also love all the supporting characters, the various bad guys (hard to just pick one, but I do think Aunt Lydia takes the cake for me, especially with how they explored her character this season), the music, the cinematography (this cannot be overstated, the cinematography of this show is fucking gorgeous), the mirror to real life, and how it's able to weave a story that not only resonates with you in the moment, but stays with you and makes you think about it, oftentimes for days.

My only rant is some of their pop culture music choices they play at various scenes get stuck in my head so flipping bad. Right now it's Heaven Is A Place On Earth, a song I can never hear the same way again after the show. 

Probably just gonna have to re-watch it all again right away. Thank god I waited until the season wrapped up to start it up.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • And yet you couldnt come to CT..  you summanabitch. 

Did you bring the little one(s) on the trip or just you?  I still need to get my kids back to Okinawa and then do a European Vacation a la Griswolds.

• Aww @Talamond I'm glad you're doing well buddy.  Last I heard from you, you were on the up and up so I'm sincerely glad the trend continued :)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • @Talamond <3

You are still my Caefir bro irl, don't worry (no smitings required, kthx).

• TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    edited September 2019
    Hey Cooper, guess what: your/my phone carrier has free tethering, so that was a huge and instrumental bonus until I could afford Cox.

Torinn, you had some controversial ideas, but I knew where they came from and I tried to carry the intent forward with better execution, and it seemed to work. Rave on you for having fantastic seeds of ideas (the Academy needs better representation of Targ for baby Targs, Harbs need to know they're important and not just Not-Dawnblade, etc)

Farrah, if Hashan doesn't become the go-to city in the next six months, you're dead to me. Targ is mine and will be fine under Soth, but Hashan deserves more than old Achaea memes.

Looking forward to your downfall. If not by Deuc than by the collective rage of Targies and Targ-turned-vengeful-Mhaldorians.

Also, Mhaldor, please wreck Farrah (and no one else, so she knows) out of principle. She deserves it. All the rumors of things she said about your mothers are true.
  • "His old S6"

*glances down at his trusty sidekick, the S5*

• Trey said:
    "His old S6"

*glances down at his trusty sidekick, the S5*
    Well, well, well.   Allow me to just strut around with my S7 feeling like the shiznit then. 

• With all this chemo BS, I have to thank folks IG for not exterming.  The redux in messages is making me feel less guilty about the reduced time online so...  thanks?

• Caelan said:
    And yet you couldnt come to CT..  you summanabitch. 

Did you bring the little one(s) on the trip or just you?  I still need to get my kids back to Okinawa and then do a European Vacation a la Griswolds.

It was a hectic month! Aug 1st - 14th was Texas and SoCal with the whole family, 17th - 22nd was Vegas alone for a work conference and then 28th - 2nd Sept was camping at the F1 with friends. Was awesome, but so tiring.

Do let me know if you head over to the UK, I'll come buy you a pint.  Hope the Chemo us going well dude. 

• Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    And yet you couldnt come to CT..  you summanabitch. 

It was a hectic month! Aug 1st - 14th was Texas and SoCal with the whole family, 17th - 22nd was Vegas alone for a work conference and then 28th - 2nd Sept was camping at the F1 with friends. Was awesome, but so tiring.

Do let me know if you head over to the UK, I'll come buy you a pint.  Hope the Chemo us going well dude. 
    Yeah no worries, just giving you shit.  And everyone in CT is trying to get out of here so...  no idea why anyone would want to come here.  Our tourism sucks, the drivers suck, etc.  You didn't miss much.  TX and Vegas are far better options.  Sounds like one of those vacations you end up needing a vacation from - but in a good way.  

Did the first round.  Not the most fun thing I've ever done, for sure. They say the whole process will gake 8 months to a year so any travel has been paused for the time being.  But I will take you up on that offer for sure.

• Few months ago my Uncle went into a care home and we spent a while collecting stuff from his house and generally tidying up the place before selling it on. I found a large coin collection of his and finally gotten around to looking through it all today. 1000's of coins, all pretty much worthless other than the odd one at £20-£30. Then, one of the last ones I look at before going to bed. Rare British coin from 1834 worth in the region of £1000-£1800.  Not quite a Del Boy moment, but still pretty cool find. 

• @Talamond for what it's worth, the brief while I had an alt in Targossas, you were one of my favorite players there. I liked how you took the time to explain theology to myself and other novices, in such a personable manner.
  • So the contractor is renegging on his contract to warranty the horrid tile work he did in my FL house. 

He just got a nasty Google Review, another HomeAdvisor review.   And I was downloading the indoor and outdoor security camera footage because this is going to civil court (I paid him $50,000 to do the work and now he won't fix it) and noticed he had his guys return materials that were bought and paid for.  Those materials are worth over $300 so not only am I going to sue him in court, if he doesn't return the material by the end of the week, I'm calling the local PD down there and filing a charge of Grand Theft in the 3rd Degree against him.

Keep fucking with me dude.. Court will be a byatch!