Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

OOC Raves

Comments

• SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,539 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    And yet you couldnt come to CT..  you summanabitch. 

Did you bring the little one(s) on the trip or just you?  I still need to get my kids back to Okinawa and then do a European Vacation a la Griswolds.

It was a hectic month! Aug 1st - 14th was Texas and SoCal with the whole family, 17th - 22nd was Vegas alone for a work conference and then 28th - 2nd Sept was camping at the F1 with friends. Was awesome, but so tiring.

Do let me know if you head over to the UK, I'll come buy you a pint.  Hope the Chemo us going well dude. 
    Caelan
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,319 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    And yet you couldnt come to CT..  you summanabitch. 

Did you bring the little one(s) on the trip or just you?  I still need to get my kids back to Okinawa and then do a European Vacation a la Griswolds.

It was a hectic month! Aug 1st - 14th was Texas and SoCal with the whole family, 17th - 22nd was Vegas alone for a work conference and then 28th - 2nd Sept was camping at the F1 with friends. Was awesome, but so tiring.

Do let me know if you head over to the UK, I'll come buy you a pint.  Hope the Chemo us going well dude. 
    Yeah no worries, just giving you shit.  And everyone in CT is trying to get out of here so...  no idea why anyone would want to come here.  Our tourism sucks, the drivers suck, etc.  You didn't miss much.  TX and Vegas are far better options.  Sounds like one of those vacations you end up needing a vacation from - but in a good way.  

Did the first round.  Not the most fun thing I've ever done, for sure. They say the whole process will gake 8 months to a year so any travel has been paused for the time being.  But I will take you up on that offer for sure.

Sobriquet
    Few months ago my Uncle went into a care home and we spent a while collecting stuff from his house and generally tidying up the place before selling it on. I found a large coin collection of his and finally gotten around to looking through it all today. 1000's of coins, all pretty much worthless other than the odd one at £20-£30. Then, one of the last ones I look at before going to bed. Rare British coin from 1834 worth in the region of £1000-£1800.  Not quite a Del Boy moment, but still pretty cool find. 
    Siduri
  • CailinCailin Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Talamond for what it's worth, the brief while I had an alt in Targossas, you were one of my favorite players there. I liked how you took the time to explain theology to myself and other novices, in such a personable manner.
    SiduriTalamond
    So the contractor is renegging on his contract to warranty the horrid tile work he did in my FL house. 

He just got a nasty Google Review, another HomeAdvisor review.   And I was downloading the indoor and outdoor security camera footage because this is going to civil court (I paid him $50,000 to do the work and now he won't fix it) and noticed he had his guys return materials that were bought and paid for.  Those materials are worth over $300 so not only am I going to sue him in court, if he doesn't return the material by the end of the week, I'm calling the local PD down there and filing a charge of Grand Theft in the 3rd Degree against him.

Keep fucking with me dude.. Court will be a byatch!

Siduri
  • HolsteinHolstein Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    *now feels bad for all the “wanna burn trees?” tells noone responds to. 😟
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
    Congrats

Well played SA, better team in the final and a flawless show of Rugby. We had an excellent tournament, especially beating the All Blacks in the Semis, but just couldn't do it in the Final. What a tournament though, excellent advertisement for World Rugby.
    AetousJurixeJovolo
    Happy Birthday Marines. 244 years of showing our enemies Death, Hate, and Discontent - and our allies Twisted steel and Sex appeal. 

KILL!

For those with Marines on your FB feed, today might get rough. Suck it up.

Astarod
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,924 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Best present this year: a chocolate fountain!

oh em gee
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Phaide
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    While IC, I've been ousted and y'know, it kinda sucks, I'm still going to rave a little bit about last semester.

Man, it wasn't an easy semester. My Spanish teacher was out to get me, Statistics and Physics are fun, and Drama Lighting was a lot more intricate than I thought it would be. Regardless! I was able to somehow land three As, as well as my first.. A, A. Not an A-, an A! I know most of you are like, whatever, but for me, it's been a three year struggle to land something like this. 

As for the class above, I passed it with a lot of room because they curved everyone's course grades by a whopping 9%. We, on average, failed every single exam they gave us. It was kind of funny, but also not funny. 

In any case, I'm back home with my folks, enjoying Christmas festivities with my family. I have to say thank you to everyone in Ashtan OOCly who has been on my side for this whole thing. I know that I've been a bit melodramatic, and probably tiresome at times, but you guys still put up with me, and try to support and guide me where you can. Obviously @Tianondria, along with @Penwize, @Kyrra, @Dunn, @Thiev... the list goes on. Even @Pyori hasn't been a total jerk to me :D. (That was kinda surprisingly NGL) If I could, I would buy you all stockings, and hang them in cool spots, but alas, I am still paying off college and that budget plan is forfeit. 

Regardless, in a time of friends and family, I am very appreciative of all of you, and the patience you show me continuously. 

Merry Christmas, Everyone. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
    KyrraAyaniAmmar
  • VakvyrVakvyr Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'm finally past this weekend. I have moved all of my stuff from two different places into one nice new apartment. I hurt in various places but that was expected considering I moved lots of furniture down and then up two staircases.
    Utianima
    I can’t believe I bought a new bedroom suite today. That is such an adult thing to do. So is wanting to buy a block of land and build a new house, again. I am feeling pretty keen though.

One of the things that I have really struggled with when talking to my psychologist is that I see myself living in the present and it’s hard to define any future goals at all. I have a full time job, I have a roof over my head, I have pretty awesome work colleagues that I go out with outside of work... what more am I supposed to aspire to?

I think this is a pretty exciting first step and I hope it might be something achievable for me. I might actually be excited about getting a mortgage. Damn, I am feeling old. Excited but old.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

UtianimaAyaniAtalkez
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,819 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 11
    Aegoth said:
    Puchased a 5spd manual 2013 Subaru Crosstrek! I'm super excited bc it's my first time driving stick, and it's fun as hell!! 
    @Aegoth

Trey said:
    Aegoth said:
    Puchased a 5spd manual 2013 Subaru Crosstrek! I'm super excited bc it's my first time driving stick, and it's fun as hell!! 
    @Aegoth

@Trey reminded me of this.. an oldy.

• RyzanRyzan Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Got matched to Emergency Medicine in my home stomping grounds. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
    Utianima
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 2,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Used to barely hit 10 down, 1 up. Ping was ~20-30...
    Happy happy.

DorielUtianimaAstrika
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,169 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    My colleague told me today that our local library app now has a collaboration with another magazine app. We have free access to a lot of commercial magazines now including (I think) back issues. It's pretty amazing. I just wish I had a tablet because it's a little hard to read magazines on a phone.

Utianima
    Disney+ so much.
    To relive the more enjoyable moments of my childhood, I now get ready for work watching an episode of the X-Men like I used to while getting ready for school forever ago. I’ve missed Rogue’s drawl and sayings.

PauxVender
  • SolesSoles Member Posts: 8
    Now that I have more time, I'm studying to take the police test. Swoosh. 
    Caelan
    Going for state or municipal?  Good luck

Sign In to Comment.