OOC Raves

Comments

• *now feels bad for all the “wanna burn trees?” tells noone responds to. 😟
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Congrats

• Well played SA, better team in the final and a flawless show of Rugby. We had an excellent tournament, especially beating the All Blacks in the Semis, but just couldn't do it in the Final. What a tournament though, excellent advertisement for World Rugby.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Happy Birthday Marines. 244 years of showing our enemies Death, Hate, and Discontent - and our allies Twisted steel and Sex appeal. 

KILL!

For those with Marines on your FB feed, today might get rough. Suck it up.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Best present this year: a chocolate fountain!

oh em gee
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• While IC, I've been ousted and y'know, it kinda sucks, I'm still going to rave a little bit about last semester.

Man, it wasn't an easy semester. My Spanish teacher was out to get me, Statistics and Physics are fun, and Drama Lighting was a lot more intricate than I thought it would be. Regardless! I was able to somehow land three As, as well as my first.. A, A. Not an A-, an A! I know most of you are like, whatever, but for me, it's been a three year struggle to land something like this. 

As for the class above, I passed it with a lot of room because they curved everyone's course grades by a whopping 9%. We, on average, failed every single exam they gave us. It was kind of funny, but also not funny. 

In any case, I'm back home with my folks, enjoying Christmas festivities with my family. I have to say thank you to everyone in Ashtan OOCly who has been on my side for this whole thing. I know that I've been a bit melodramatic, and probably tiresome at times, but you guys still put up with me, and try to support and guide me where you can. Obviously @Tianondria, along with @Penwize, @Kyrra, @Dunn, @Thiev... the list goes on. Even @Pyori hasn't been a total jerk to me :D. (That was kinda surprisingly NGL) If I could, I would buy you all stockings, and hang them in cool spots, but alas, I am still paying off college and that budget plan is forfeit. 

Regardless, in a time of friends and family, I am very appreciative of all of you, and the patience you show me continuously. 

Merry Christmas, Everyone. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I'm finally past this weekend. I have moved all of my stuff from two different places into one nice new apartment. I hurt in various places but that was expected considering I moved lots of furniture down and then up two staircases.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I can’t believe I bought a new bedroom suite today. That is such an adult thing to do. So is wanting to buy a block of land and build a new house, again. I am feeling pretty keen though.

One of the things that I have really struggled with when talking to my psychologist is that I see myself living in the present and it’s hard to define any future goals at all. I have a full time job, I have a roof over my head, I have pretty awesome work colleagues that I go out with outside of work... what more am I supposed to aspire to?

I think this is a pretty exciting first step and I hope it might be something achievable for me. I might actually be excited about getting a mortgage. Damn, I am feeling old. Excited but old.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited February 2020
    Aegoth said:
    Puchased a 5spd manual 2013 Subaru Crosstrek! I'm super excited bc it's my first time driving stick, and it's fun as hell!! 
    @Aegoth

• Trey said:
    Aegoth said:
    Puchased a 5spd manual 2013 Subaru Crosstrek! I'm super excited bc it's my first time driving stick, and it's fun as hell!! 
    @Aegoth

@Trey reminded me of this.. an oldy.

• Got matched to Emergency Medicine in my home stomping grounds. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • Used to barely hit 10 down, 1 up. Ping was ~20-30...
    Happy happy.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    My colleague told me today that our local library app now has a collaboration with another magazine app. We have free access to a lot of commercial magazines now including (I think) back issues. It's pretty amazing. I just wish I had a tablet because it's a little hard to read magazines on a phone.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Disney+ so much.
    To relive the more enjoyable moments of my childhood, I now get ready for work watching an episode of the X-Men like I used to while getting ready for school forever ago. I’ve missed Rogue’s drawl and sayings.

• Now that I have more time, I'm studying to take the police test. Swoosh. 
  • Going for state or municipal?  Good luck

• edited May 2020
    So..  not a Rave but also not a Tech Support question.

In my entire college career I only messed with Arduino boards once.  I have a few projects they would be perfect for and am actually excited to get them done...  but I was wondering if anyone here (I know SOMEONE has) has experience to answer some questions for me..  

One project is wiring individually-addressable LEDs to my Harley and controlling some different functions (blinkers, brake lights, etc)

Another is a CAN to OBD II data feed (or if you know a way to do it easier.. Im all ears because I know I can Bluetooth the OBD) to a TFT Touchscreen to replace my speedo pack.

There are some other projects but those are the first two I want to tackle. Questions involve stuff like..  which board would be best, do I need the 5v or 12v, things like that.

I figured I would ask here because we have a fair bit more engineers and people familiar with Arduino stuff than my ragtag bunch of FB friends who ade mostly fellow Belleaus and school teachers.

• Happy Mothers Day - Gif Animation  Happy mothers day gif

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Got a fun, curvy 150 mile motorcycle ride in today through all of Eastern CT.

Planning to go skydiving in 2 weeks.  My kids are pansies and won't tell me if they want to go.  22, 20, and 17..  lame. 

• No more having to embark on adventures is super great. Thanks @Makarios!
  • Kudos to you for sticking by him and not taking the easy way out.