The Big Change - Tradeskills

Comments

• I don't know, I kind of like the idea that clothing and jewelry will be more available to everyone, sort of like copyright expiry in the real world (well, ideally anyway).
  • Kaihuti said:
    I don't know, I kind of like the idea that clothing and jewelry will be more available to everyone, sort of like copyright expiry in the real world (well, ideally anyway).
    It seems far more likely that the result will be less custom work, rather than more public designs.
  • NimNim
    edited January 2015
    I think the problem here is just that people are cleverly using the design system to do customizations, offsetting a lot of the cost associated with customizations (aggregated 3 credits for an infinitely replenishable supply of an item, as opposed to 100~150 credits for just one instance of it, is a ridiculously good deal!).

And now you sort of can't unless you're a tailor, but at the same time, if you have a lot of customizations, even getting a tailor license, getting a possible crafting skill slot, and increasing further crafting skill lesson costs might end up cheaper than getting the items individually customized.

If you want, say, a six piece outfit to be completely custom to you, even if you're okay with the possibility of it getting stolen, that's six hundred credits. Nine hundred, if you want to secure your investment completely.

I forget the exact credit costs someone posted in the other thread, but you'd certainly need quite a few crafting skills before grabbing tailoring would cost more than that.
  • Just to add my voice, I'd really prefer being able to have control over my designs if I don't have tailor/jeweller/cook instead of being able to make designs I already owned, personally. It was a cool idea, but I didn't realize it came at the cost of not being able to have designs transferred if you don't have the license. This is pretty important for really special things like wedding rings if your character crafts a special one and you really don't want multiples.

Agreed that it's awesome you're thinking about it, thanks for taking player concerns into such consideration.

i'm a rebel

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    An added problem is those of us with crafters portfolios(I think that is what it is called) that can't do anything with the designs now, since we only had stuff made and designs transfered to us. 
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited January 2015
    After some thought..

Passcodes are a possible solution to all of this. Instead of paying to transfer the design, you pay for the tailor to share it and set up a passcode so that any crafter at any time can make it. 

That still doesn't offer a work around for preservation of such designs though. I already have 2 crafter's folders and I don't want another one just to hold new customer designs (because it is very unlikely that I will fill up all the slots with customer designs, thus making it a personal, not a profitable investment).

I'd rather that burden be on the customer, who has to pay for the privilege by buying both my design time and the design itself from me. But..that's personal preference, and at least passcodes seem a possible easy work around for the other problems.
  • Message #757        Sent by Meletus
    1/01/16:45 Greetings! In regard to issue 71307, it should indeed be possible to imbue five scrolls 
    at once with the artefact Medallion!

Syntax please?

I have tried:
    • BEGIN CREATION OF 5 FIRELASH
    • BEGIN ENCHANTMENT OF 5 SCROLL WITH FIRELASH
    • BEGIN ENCHANTMENT OF 5 SCROLL FIRELASH
    • BEGIN ENCHANTMENT OF 5 FIRELASH
    No luck. What goes?
  • Yeah, if they don't have space in their crafter's folder, or don't have one/don't want to sell the space in theirs, then you can only hope the tailor/jeweller doesn't go dormant and end up letting the design go public. It's just uncomfortable for everyone.

i'm a rebel

• HeroseHerose Nova Scotia, Canada
    Jukilian said:
    Message #757        Sent by Meletus
    1/01/16:45 Greetings! In regard to issue 71307, it should indeed be possible to imbue five scrolls 

Syntax please?

I have tried:
    No luck. What goes?
    The help file doesn't seem to indicate that you can do more than one.
  • So my question is this, I bought my Loki's tear on the 13th of June, and I got informed that I wouldn't be allowed a full refund because you're only accepting from the 31st of June till current. I thought the previously it stated that almost all the artefacts for tradeskills would be allowed a full refund. I mean, now I HAVE to choose Toxicology and since I already choose another Tradeskill, I have to now unlearn it, learn Harvesting and whatever else has to go with Toxicology, which effectively is going to cost me a lot more just to do ONE thing that I was previously doing. How is this helpful?

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited January 2015
    Kyttin said:
    So my question is this, I bought my Loki's tear on the 13th of June, and I got informed that I wouldn't be allowed a full refund because you're only accepting from the 31st of June till current. I thought the previously it stated that almost all the artefacts for tradeskills would be allowed a full refund. I mean, now I HAVE to choose Toxicology and since I already choose another Tradeskill, I have to now unlearn it, learn Harvesting and whatever else has to go with Toxicology, which effectively is going to cost me a lot more just to do ONE thing that I was previously doing. How is this helpful?
    18 days?  Email @Tecton‌

Edit: not saying it will help,  but I don't see them being that picky. If it doesn't work,  just learn them as you go.  Never unlearn something. 
  • edited January 2015
    Austere said:
    Kyttin said:
    So my question is this, I bought my Loki's tear on the 13th of June, and I got informed that I wouldn't be allowed a full refund because you're only accepting from the 31st of June till current. I thought the previously it stated that almost all the artefacts for tradeskills would be allowed a full refund. I mean, now I HAVE to choose Toxicology and since I already choose another Tradeskill, I have to now unlearn it, learn Harvesting and whatever else has to go with Toxicology, which effectively is going to cost me a lot more just to do ONE thing that I was previously doing. How is this helpful?
    18 days?  Email @Tecton‌
    This is in response to the email I already received. So yeah, 18 days. Although it wasn't Tecton who emailed me back.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kyttin said:
    It was originally stated that they would only be doing refunds for such items if they have been purchased within the past 6 months to date.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarapis said:

Shirszae said:
    Is there any easy way to see how you have progressed in a particular smithing rank?
    Adding this in.
    WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME THE COMMAND FOR THIS.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Xith said:
    Maega said:
    I am confused by Tecton's offer of a direct skill-level transfer.

Can I retain my tradeskill instead of the replacement class skill?
    We'll handle this manually in cases where a particular player would rather the miniskills in place of the replacement skill. Once your class tradeskill split has been completed, just email support@achaea.com, and we'll make the appropriate adjustments. This will be a direct skill level switch, not a 100% refund on lessons.

Does this mean that I go from 70% (1118 lessons spent) in this new skill that I got from spending lessons in the skill I intended to spend lessons in to 70% in one tradekill (693 lesson total) meaning that I'd be losing MORE than HALF of my lessons already spent?

Does it mean I go to 70% in two tradeskills?

And, I'm curious, do they have to be the two tradeskills that add up to what I originally invested lessons into? Or do I get to at least spend my lessons without an additional 50 cr to enjoy we were granted access to?

You get whichever skill level you were at, I think. And probably some bonus lessons.
    Message #723        Sent by Lycon
    1/02/1:20 Greetings! In regard to Issue # 71326, you will get 70% into both tradeskills, and if you 
    had enchanting yes the two skills would have to be Conjuring and Augmentation. Should you have any 
    further questions, please do not hesitate to ISSUE ME!

Message #724        Sent by Meletus
    1/02/1:23 Greetings! In regard to issue 71326, you'd be getting 70% of the way into both tradeskills 
    (Conjuring and Augmentation)! As for the latter, it's because the vast majority of people would 
    prefer Artificing and it's simpler to handle others, like yourself, on a case-by-case basis than 
    implement an entire system dedicated to picking and choosing where the tradeskill lesson

In case anyone else was wondering. Love the fast response and awesome answers! Just what I needed to know, and what I wanted to hear. :D
  • Herose said:
    Jukilian said:
    Message #757        Sent by Meletus

Syntax please?

I have tried:
    No luck. What goes?
    The help file doesn't seem to indicate that you can do more than one.
    Considering how big a change this is, that doesn't mean much.

Also, Meletus' ISSUE ME response is there for a reason.
  • Kresslack said:
    Kyttin said:
    It was originally stated that they would only be doing refunds for such items if they have been purchased within the past 6 months to date.
    Actually I believe we originally stated it'd be within the past 4 months, but we decided to extend it at the last minute to 6 months.
  • Sarapis said:
    I hear your points and am considering.

Random thought but what if you change shears/loupe/etc from checking if owner is person, to checking if owner is person AND design# is <= the last design created on 12/31 (this works on the assumption that design numbers always increment, so if 12345 was made on 12/31, any designs 12346 and higher were made after). Then re-enable trading on NDS as before.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Yes, that's easily doable, but it's not about whether we can actually make it happen or not - that was never a question.
  • Trevize said:
    this works on the assumption that design numbers always increment, so if 12345 was made on 12/31, any designs 12346 and higher were made after
    They don't.
  • edited January 2015
    Kez said:
    Trevize said:
    this works on the assumption that design numbers always increment, so if 12345 was made on 12/31, any designs 12346 and higher were made after
    They don't.
    Thank you for clarifying, but seems it's irrelevant per Sarapis' reply above.

Good to know regardless.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KezKez
    edited January 2015
    Sooo...

While I was learning, just now, my third trade skill transformed. I had 1040 lessons into it (5 or 8 to go) when suddenly my invested lessons on SHOW dropped down to 689. I was learning 20 at a time when I saw this: 

(At the start) 
    You have about 1041 lessons remaining before you reach Transcendence in the miniskill Cooking.

(At the end)
    You have about 24 lessons remaining before you reach Transcendence in the miniskill Cooking.

Arionna continues your training in Cooking.

Dousing the small fire, Arionna rises and urges you to eat and feed others only the best foods.
    The next ability you will learn is: PORTIONS.

You have about 7 lessons remaining before you reach Transcendence in the miniskill Cooking.

You have the equivalent of about 689 lessons in the miniskill Cooking.

• edited January 2015
    Has anyone got toxicology to work?

I can't put more than 1 item in at a time:
    >compound 1 magnesium in alembic
    Quantities must be between 1 and 50.
    Once I do get them in, I can't hydrate it:
    >hydrate alembic for curare
    There is no alembic here for you to hydrate the contents of.

Edit: nevermind, figured out the hydrating step. Got to put it on the ground...

• GawiGawi Washington
    Gawi said:
    Wondering how the loki's tear will be helping toxicology? If it already will, or is that a later update?

@Sarapis @Tecton

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Gawi said:
    Gawi said:
    Wondering how the loki's tear will be helping toxicology? If it already will, or is that a later update?

@Sarapis @Tecton
    Covered that earlier in the thread, but you get 50% more sips per batch with the artefact!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Tecton said:
    Gawi said:
    Gawi said:

@Sarapis @Tecton
    Covered that earlier in the thread, but you get 50% more sips per batch with the artefact!
    That seems like... a lot, especially with no analogous item for remedies. Although, I have noticed that toxins in general take a wider variety and larger amount of materials to create.