The Big Change - Combat

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Naverre said:
    Tael said:
    Naverre said:
    Okay, so apparently the Philosopher Stone doesn't actually do anything at the moment...

Message #42         Sent by Meletus
    1/01/3:29 It has come to my attention that I was incorrect regarding the 
    Philosopher's Stone, and that I was being shown an incorrect AB file. Currently, 
    the stone only serves as an RP device and does not provide additional 
    functionality. Sorry!

Hopefully it'll actually do something in the future, but good to know either way. Thanks @Meletus for the feedback!
    Doesn't it still provide the bonus the old skill used to?

There was a post before about how the old tradeskill benefits (like the sip bonus) were being migrated to the new skills.
    The Philosopher Stone ability is now in the Formulation skill, so it has nothing to do with tradeskills. The sip bonus likely migrated, but it's not tied to the Stone anymore.
    So the Philosopher's Stone skills has no functionality whatsoever now? That is pretty lame considering that once you use the skill the first time that is it(just a line showing you make it then nothing), there is no other use for it without the potash/sip bonus and you do not even get it as an item or anything.
  • Dual blunt should be really potent (or was in the testing phase). We'll see how things look after a while, might need some tuning (as no doubt, they all will).
  • The lagul/laguz/lagua runes don't actually work on runeblades.
  • Micositu said:
    The lagul/laguz/lagua runes don't actually work on runeblades.
    Or do they have much of a unifying effect for all the Knight classes.

They're GREAT for Dual Cutting, and pretty good for S&B, but with Two Hander Dual Blunt? Almost useless.

What would be a helpful idea would be to implement different effects for different weapon mastery styles, or at least make it scale.

For bleeding attacks to be increased on runeblades, every 4 seconds is a total of 4 different weapon strikes for bleed on Dual Cutting. 

For Two Hander? It's one attack. 

If you're a Two Hander fighter, Runewarden is a vastly inferior now as the biggest perk before was the +Stats to weaponry. with those changes, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of a polarization towards either Infernal or Paladin as these changes really begin to flesh out.

Quite excited to see what the future holds!

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Aelios said:
    Micositu said:

They're GREAT for Dual Cutting, and pretty good for S&B, but with Two Hander Dual Blunt? Almost useless.

What would be a helpful idea would be to implement different effects for different weapon mastery styles, or at least make it scale.

For bleeding attacks to be increased on runeblades, every 4 seconds is a total of 4 different weapon strikes for bleed on Dual Cutting. 

If you're a Two Hander fighter, Runewarden is a vastly inferior now as the biggest perk before was the +Stats to weaponry. with those changes, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of a polarization towards either Infernal or Paladin as these changes really begin to flesh out.

I disagree. Theorycraft may be only partially effective,  but SnB and Dual Blunt both look like they have some viable runie application. I haven't given a lot of thought to two-hander, but I thought I saw someone list off a potential quad DSB strat on another thread. Rather than increasing damage, if it's necessary we could tweak it like BBT or Bite (x number of DSB in a given window = instakill).

• edited January 2015
    Did testing with alt.

Hunting damage and speed of each weapon for each spec moved to Weaponmastery Specs Discussion thread, as it belongs a lot more there than here.

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Trey said:
    Aelios said:
    Micositu said:

I disagree. Theorycraft may be only partially effective,  but SnB and Dual Blunt both look like they have some viable runie application. I haven't given a lot of thought to two-hander, but I thought I saw someone list off a potential quad DSB strat on another thread. Rather than increasing damage, if it's necessary we could tweak it like BBT or Bite (x number of DSB in a given window = instakill).
    Quad DSB isn't viable.  I tested a triple DSB strat that is mostly contingent upon aeon (every time I tried it I was .5-1 second off from landing the third DSB). 

If you can stick a torso break or skull/rib fractures you shouldn't need the third DSB anyway.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Trey said:
    Aelios said:
    Micositu said:

You did, but it was Aelios. You'll only get a quad DSB on people who don't know what they're doing defensively, though. You need a huge number of fractures, which means a huge amount of unbroken momentum, and the two-handed attacks are so slow that there's plenty of time for anybody with appropriate warnings to just get the hell out on the devastate to arms.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    nothing that can't be done without a deleteline and an echo!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Is Sentinel 1v1 still viable without artie axe?
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Due to an issue I'm having with my wireless adapter dying on me and not really able to stay connected for long periods of time. I was curious to find out if with the sword and shield specialization does the type of shield matter? Does it effect speed? What are the benefits of using one shield type over another?
  • Taurnil said:
    Due to an issue I'm having with my wireless adapter dying on me and not really able to stay connected for long periods of time. I was curious to find out if with the sword and shield specialization does the type of shield matter?

Yes!

Does it effect speed?

Yes!

What are the benefits of using one shield type over another?

Striking a balance between how fast and how hard your shield hits!
    Disclaimer: not a knight. Just echoing what I've seen discussed in other threads. 
  • Yes, type of shield matters. Lighter shields are faster and do less damage, heavier shields are slower and do more damage. Buckler is much faster than a tower shield.
  • can the shield be used in bashing?
  • Yes. COMBINATION SLICE/REND SMASH is your bashing attack. Can do COMBINATION RAZE SMASH for a razeslash equivalent too.
  • Oh sweet. Thank you Antonius.
  • edited January 2015
    Worth noting is that a tower is 11/19 and an SoA is 11/11, yet the SoA acts as a banded in terms of speed.
  • 99% sure my Timeflux is not working properly.
  • Althena said:
    99% sure my Timeflux is not working properly.
    maybe the 99% it is not working properly is because your opponent just got himself healther and is above the condition of 70% loss of health that in which timeflux is required that for it to work.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Rispok said:
    Worth noting is that a tower is 11/19 and an SoA is 11/11, yet the SoA acts as a banded in terms of speed.
    I think the vast majority of S&B users will be carrying multiple shields anyways - buckler for sparring and duels, and a tower/SoA/both for bashing and group combat.
  • Darklyre said:
    Rispok said:
    I think the vast majority of S&B users will be carrying multiple shields anyways - buckler for sparring and duels, and a tower/SoA/both for bashing and group combat.
    Don't forget Tower/Broadsword for a Rend/Smash after DSB.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Valaria said:
    Althena said:
    99% sure my Timeflux is not working properly.
    maybe the 99% it is not working properly is because your opponent just got himself healther and is above the condition of 70% loss of health that in which timeflux is required that for it to work.
    That's not quite how it works. Timeflux needs 70%hp to be afflicted with. Going above that does not negate the effect it has on your salve balance. Only waiting can get rid of the effect. TF will increase your salve recovery by about .6s
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    0.5s, Timeflux increases salve balance by 50%, so from 1s to 1.5s. Timeflux, just like dehydrate and destabilize lullaby, fade after 45s.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• And restoration goes from 4s to 6s.
  • A crystalline golem raises a single crystalline appendage to point at Kraal. For an instant nothing happens, then as if from nowhere comes a flash of incandescent brilliance. When the light fades, nothing of Kraal remains.
    You have slain Kraal.

Resulted in the following deathsight:

- 2015/01/05 14:27:34 - Kraal has been slain in The Stadia Coronae by Master Jukilian, Magus of the 
    Night.

Colour me disappointed. :neutral_face: 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    A lot of the arena deaths actually end up looking generic. For instance, both catharsis and absolve look like the above, which is of course fairly disappointing. It seems a bit random which end up like that and which actually show through despite the arena status, though.

I suggest finding someone to kill outside of the arena for testing purposes.  >:)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby