The Big Change - Combat

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Not to mention critical hits. Ugh. Dual Blunt is the Relic harvesting spec for sure.

The best part of it is that it would take me 4 bashing attacks with my Level 3 Two-Hander to be the same damage as ONE attack with Dual Blunt.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Snb infernal or magi hmm

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Screw that, go Dual Blunt and just bash Ur'Vamps as a level 80. 

Get dragon off of it!

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Austere said:
    So,  dirks: I have a level two for magi in retardation/dragon vlocks. Were the stats changed at all with this introduction of new forging?  Was damage/accuracy bug in retardation finally fixed for it, with the retardation changes, or am I still stuck doing half damage and always missing?  @Tecton‌
    I think I got missed,  so re-asking since I cannot login to check.  :neutral_face: 

Changes do look very sexy, though.  I did notice armor stats were a bit wonky: field plate isn't even second best for a lot of things.   I just wonder if this means we can finally have realistic comparison between dskin, horkval,  scales,  stoneskin, barkskin, and anything else I can't think of. 
  • cast stormhammer at orc and orc and orc
    09:21:52 The sky above grows dark as you call upon powerful magics. Raising your hands
    09:21:52 balefully, you cause lightning bolts, the hammer of the storm, to shoot from
    09:21:52 your hands and slam into a foul-smelling orc. The bolts ricochet off and slam
    09:21:52 into a foul-smelling orc. The bolts ricochet off and slam into a foul-smelling
    09:21:52 orc.

I love you guys so much for implementing this. As a sylvan focused on con over int, it eats up too much of my mana/willpower/eq to really be attractive for hunting, but it's awesome to have this as an option without requiring all the extra coding.

• Dual blunt has no hinder, though.  I'd happily trade 25% of the hilarious DPS for something that can keep people from running (rip in peace lunge).
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • IS Fervour rites going to updated to include new shinies like Combination or be reworked some other way?
  • Thing to note is that destabilize affects the caster, so it's a terrible idea in retardation unless you've aeoned the target and cured out yourself. 

Mostlly they're just highly necessary effects: cube destruction, adduct, multi shield strip, rubble. 
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Addama said:
    Dual blunt has no hinder, though.  I'd happily trade 25% of the hilarious DPS for something that can keep people from running (rip in peace lunge).
    Piety.

It's the same problem as Two-Hander Runewarden has.

-Albert Einstein

• To be fair,  Blunt runie should have the same issue and tendons in 2h hinders at least. 

• edited January 2015
    Nevermind. Figured it out.

-Albert Einstein

• edited January 2015
    Aelios said:
    Bashing Statistics:

Dual Blunt
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Stock Flails

DOUBLEWHIRL <Target> - 3.1 seconds - Total damage : 1502 - Total DPS : ~484
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Using Braincrushers(lvl3 flail) it wasn't much of a change sadly from this 3s balance with 1654 damage...
  • Keep in mind a lot of scaling has to be done still. Numbers won't be perfect yet. Dual blunt won't remain ludicrously ahead of 2h. These are some gigantic changes guys, it will take a little time for things to be normalized.

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    Keep in mind a lot of scaling has to be done still. Numbers won't be perfect yet. Dual blunt won't remain ludicrously ahead of 2h. These are some gigantic changes guys, it will take a little time for things to be normalized.
    Yep, which is why this thread was made - to discuss the changes and bring a lot to light.

-Albert Einstein

• Eihwaz got fixed and nobody told me, jeez.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Addama said:
    Eihwaz got fixed and nobody told me, jeez.
    It's every man for himself at this point.

• It got fixed last classlead season.
  • @Makarios‌ Can we have a rough estimate on when runes for dualblunt will be effective?
  • Makarios said:
    It got fixed last classlead season.
    *******************************[ Bug Details ]*******************************

Bug ID: 16259

Category: Unassigned Status: Untested

Report Text:

Eihwaz, sketched on a weapon, is supposed to hide the effects of a venom on the weapon similarly to Loki. It does not do this. Instead, it merely displays the standard Loki message following the normal venom message. Log is here: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/80627db4

Report Appends:

Solution Text:

*******************************************************************************

I appreciate that it got fixed, but I mean, this bug report is still open, that's why I assumed.

~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Austere said:
    I just wonder if this means we can finally have realistic comparison between dskin, horkval,  scales,  stoneskin, barkskin, and anything else I can't think of.
    For bashing, probably. For PvP, it hasn't really changed anything; armour and resistances still apply to the damage in different ways, and every attack is different, and it depends on your max health, etc.
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    So first thoughts of the knight changes after having tried them all:

SNB and 2H feel like fully fleshed out classes. They work well and have multiple viable tactics to use in combat. With a little bit of tweaking I think these will be great.

Dual cutting feels like the old knight class, which is great, because that was how it was intended to be.

Dual blunt doesn't feel like a fully fleshed out class. You really only have one or two kill methods aside from fighting someone with really low health or are really bad at hindering. Dual blunt doesn't have any real hinder abilities and to be honest, it feels like it was basically built just for Infernals and vivi prep. This makes me sad.
  • Okay, so apparently the Philosopher Stone doesn't actually do anything at the moment...

Message #42         Sent by Meletus
    1/01/3:29 It has come to my attention that I was incorrect regarding the 
    Philosopher's Stone, and that I was being shown an incorrect AB file. Currently, 
    the stone only serves as an RP device and does not provide additional 
    functionality. Sorry!

Hopefully it'll actually do something in the future, but good to know either way. Thanks @Meletus for the feedback!
  • Sena said:
    Started thoroughly experimenting with formulation. My initial findings are "omg everything is awesome I love this". Also, it seems extremely useful for both bashing and combat, and very customisable (for example, you can have great healing for a short time, or moderate healing that lasts practically forever, or some balance of the two).

Yup.  Minecraft.
  • Naverre said:
    Okay, so apparently the Philosopher Stone doesn't actually do anything at the moment...

Philosopher's Stone, and that I was being shown an incorrect AB file. Currently, 
    functionality. Sorry!

Hopefully it'll actually do something in the future, but good to know either way. Thanks @Meletus for the feedback!
    Doesn't it still provide the bonus the old skill used to?

There was a post before about how the old tradeskill benefits (like the sip bonus) were being migrated to the new skills.
  • Tael said:
    Naverre said:
    Okay, so apparently the Philosopher Stone doesn't actually do anything at the moment...

functionality. Sorry!

Doesn't it still provide the bonus the old skill used to?

There was a post before about how the old tradeskill benefits (like the sip bonus) were being migrated to the new skills.
    The Philosopher Stone ability is now in the Formulation skill, so it has nothing to do with tradeskills. The sip bonus likely migrated, but it's not tied to the Stone anymore.
  • Non-trade bonuses like the sip bonus and necklace of purity were removed, not transferred to the new skills.
  • Sena said:
    Non-trade bonuses like the sip bonus and necklace of purity were removed, not transferred to the new skills.
    That's weird - I can't find it, but I definitely remember reading an admin post in the last couple of days saying they were getting migrated (specifically the sip bonuses), though I know necklace of purity was removed.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Tael said:
    Sena said:
    Non-trade bonuses like the sip bonus and necklace of purity were removed, not transferred to the new skills.
    That's weird - I can't find it, but I definitely remember reading an admin post in the last couple of days saying they were getting migrated (specifically the sip bonuses), though I know necklace of purity was removed.
    They're gone from the new split tradeskills, and are not directly translated into their replacement class skills. Classes that still have their tradeskills (forestals) still have access to the bonuses until such a time as concoctions gets replaced for their class.

Hope this clarifies!
  • Tecton said:
    Classes that still have their tradeskills (forestals) still have access to the bonuses until such a time as concoctions gets replaced for their class.
    That must be what I had seen.