Tradeskill split

Comments

• Tecton said:

May said:
    Tradeskills that involve design submission (Cooking, Jewellery, and Tailoring) will still require the purchase of a license. Existing licenses will be converted into "crafting license tokens" which can be redeemed after the change occurs. They can be redeemed for the same license(s) you previously owned, or a different one.
    For those who have all three, and they decide to only to get back say Jewellery. What happens with the other license tokens? Will those have a trade in value or can they be given to another player if you wish?
    They will have a trade-in value.
    Oh, that would be nice and dynamic, May. Imagine people trading those tokens like Mayan Crowns.
  • Tecton said:

Kenway said:
    Any news on how weapon runes work now since we know they no longer give stat bonuses?
    You'll know next week!
    I had a similar question that maybe you could answer - is Eihwaz going to be fixed with the weapon rune changes?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2014
    Tecton said:

May said:
    Tradeskills that involve design submission (Cooking, Jewellery, and Tailoring) will still require the purchase of a license. Existing licenses will be converted into "crafting license tokens" which can be redeemed after the change occurs. They can be redeemed for the same license(s) you previously owned, or a different one.
    For those who have all three, and they decide to only to get back say Jewellery. What happens with the other license tokens? Will those have a trade in value or can they be given to another player if you wish?
    They will have a trade-in value.
    Curiously, will it be full tradein value (200 credits), or partial? I'm not sold on what I'll do yet by far, but I've been following very closely and considering options!

Also, thank you for all these changes. I know people are lashing back and being irritated, but I think for the long-run this will make the game better, and hopefully with a more stable market. It's also wonderful you're considering the (admittedly very harsh from some people) feedback to try and make things work for people. This is a massive undertaking, but I think it'll help the game wonderfully once things smooth out. :)

So major kudos!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:

Kenway said:
    Any news on how weapon runes work now since we know they no longer give stat bonuses?
    You'll know next week!
    I had a similar question that maybe you could answer - is Eihwaz going to be fixed with the weapon rune changes?
    I don't see any bugs in the system about it?
  • Tecton said:
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:

Kenway said:
    You'll know next week!
    I was told awhile back that server-side would cure Eihwaz-hidden afflictions, which effectively makes hiding afflictions via Eihwaz pointless.  Maybe I was misinformed, sorry!
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Thank you @Tecton for answering! I know your really busy. 

I'm actually really excited about the coming up changes... just crying a little on inside from losing what I've already worked hard to gain, however I can do it again.. even if it takes me a while. I think over all this will be really great change to the game!
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:

Kenway said:
    You'll know next week!
    I was told awhile back that server-side would cure Eihwaz-hidden afflictions, which effectively makes hiding afflictions via Eihwaz pointless.  Maybe I was misinformed, sorry!
    File a BUG and we'll check it out ASAP!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Tecton:

Also, will this change the nature of affliction inducing substances away from the strictly liquid (venom) variety, to include powders and rubs? I ask because with it moving out of the Serpent realm exclusively, it opens up the potential for variety in how they're applied (e.g. throwing the crushed powder of some poisonous root up into the air of a room, where anyone in the room breathes it in and becomes afflicted, or throwing the powder into your opponent's face directly, etc).

Kresslack said:
    @Tecton:

Also, will this change the nature of affliction inducing substances away from the strictly liquid (venom) variety, to include powders and rubs? I ask because with it moving out of the Serpent realm exclusively, it opens up the potential for variety in how they're applied (e.g. throwing the crushed powder of some poisonous root up into the air of a room, where anyone in the room breathes it in and becomes afflicted, or throwing the powder into your opponent's face directly, etc).

Opens up the possibility, but not something we're looking at doing as part of this change, sorry!
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Tecton said:
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:

Kenway said:
    You'll know next week!
    I believe this was already fixed actually if i remember right. Not that i ever use it

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Kresslack said:
    @Tecton:

Venoms by definition are applied venously. This is why you can quaff a vial of voyria but a single drop in a wound will kill you in 30s

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited December 2014
    Kenway said:
    Tecton said:
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:
    Addama said:
    Tecton said:

Kenway said:
    You'll know next week!
    I believe this was already fixed actually if i remember right. Not that i ever use it
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/80627db4

Nope

E: It's not in the log, but other venom combinations were being cured in a similar manner - the identity of the venom wasn't hidden in the apply message.

~Kresslack's obsession~
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited December 2014
    Kenway said:
    Kresslack said:
    @Tecton:

Venoms by definition are applied venously. This is why you can quaff a vial of voyria but a single drop in a wound will kill you in 30s

Yes, however, with the introduction of Toxiology, this essentially indicates that Toxins will not have to strictly work the same way (i.e. they don't have to be limited to application the way venoms are; they can include delivery via respiratory system, or be rubbed upon a weapon as a type of balm-like substance).

They'll naturally have the same effect, but it opens, as Tecton mentioned, the possibility for different methods of application other than standard use of requiring vials of venoms to apply something to a weapon.

• One more quick question that I couldn't find the answer to (or may have overlooked - sorry if this is a repeat): What happens to the tattoo spots on the back? Players who had trans inkmilling relied on those. Some people may even have artifact tattoos on them. 
  • ValentinusValentinus Los Angeles, CA
    @Tecton

After having read all of this, I don't believe this was asked, so I'll go ahead and drop it in.

Since synthesis and transmutation will be getting their own tradeskill designations, what will become of extraction and metallurgy within the Alchemy skillset?  Will it be replaced/adjusted with something new or do you plan to simply remove it?

I take commissions.
  • Tharvis said:
    Bluef said:
    One more quick question that I couldn't find the answer to (or may have overlooked - sorry if this is a repeat): What happens to the tattoo spots on the back? Players who had trans inkmilling relied on those. Some people may even have artifact tattoos on them. 
    @bluef Canvas will be moved to tattoos, T said that a few posts back
    Thanks - I totally missed it somehow!
  • @Tecton

After having read all of this, I don't believe this was asked, so I'll go ahead and drop it in.

Since synthesis and transmutation will be getting their own tradeskill designations, what will become of extraction and metallurgy within the Alchemy skillset?  Will it be replaced/adjusted with something new or do you plan to simply remove it?
    It was answered in the OP, Extraction goes into one mini-skill, Metallurgy into another.

I don't believe there has to be an adjustment to Alchemy to compensate for this, as Extraction/Metallurgy had no combat consequences and thus the skills don't need a combat buff.

I do believe that non-comm Alchemists should get a lesson refund rather than a straight transfer into their new third skillset, as they'd probably rather drop the lessons into the new mini-skills.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • I have a talisman of enchantment, but it's not clear to me that, under this new regime, I'll want to relearn the two tradeskills that would make it have continuing use. Will you offer a 100% refund on that and other artefacts that are tied to what will now be tradeskills?
  • If this is already asked and answered I'm sorry in advance. What about the hammer of forging? Since all stats will remain the same, will it only halve forging time? Or will it do something else aditionally? Wondering if I should trade it in. Especially since I bought it a while ago, I won't get a full value refund.
  • Kardal said:
    If this is already asked and answered I'm sorry in advance. What about the hammer of forging? Since all stats will remain the same, will it only halve forging time? Or will it do something else aditionally? Wondering if I should trade it in. Especially since I bought it a while ago, I won't get a full value refund.
    Hang on to it until the changes go through, they might decide to offer a 100% refund based on the feedback in this thread.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:
    Kardal said:
    If this is already asked and answered I'm sorry in advance. What about the hammer of forging? Since all stats will remain the same, will it only halve forging time? Or will it do something else aditionally? Wondering if I should trade it in. Especially since I bought it a while ago, I won't get a full value refund.
    Hang on to it until the changes go through, they might decide to offer a 100% refund based on the feedback in this thread.
    True, might as well wait, I'll find out sooner or later.
    Azor said:
    I have a talisman of enchantment, but it's not clear to me that, under this new regime, I'll want to relearn the two tradeskills that would make it have continuing use. Will you offer a 100% refund on that and other artefacts that are tied to what will now be tradeskills?
    Tecton stated earlier that a full list of what gets refunded will be up next week. They're still considering what all gets refunded and the window you'd have to be in (originally you would have had to have bought the artefact, like the hammer, in the last 4 irl months, but this is being reconsidered, so we won't know the full details until they release the list).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited December 2014
    Its possible I missed an answer to this but what happens with tattoos on the back from inkmilling? One of my back tattoos is an artifact one, do I just loose it entirely or is it moving to another skill?

And damn, I think my forging hammer is 5-6 months old. You should totally extend the time frame a bit hehe.
    Darktalon said:
    Its possible I missed an answer to this but what happens with tattoos on the back from inkmilling? One of my back tattoos is an artifact one, do I just loose it entirely or is it moving to another skill?
    That was answered half a dozen posts ago right on this page!

Bluef said:
    Tharvis said:
    Bluef said:
    One more quick question that I couldn't find the answer to (or may have overlooked - sorry if this is a repeat): What happens to the tattoo spots on the back? Players who had trans inkmilling relied on those. Some people may even have artifact tattoos on them. 
    @bluef Canvas will be moved to tattoos, T said that a few posts back
    Thanks - I totally missed it somehow!

This discussion has been closed.